Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/3yinij/entire_us_voter_registration_record_leaks_191/

quote:

I'm Chris Vickery. I know your phone number, address, date of birth, and more (if you're registered to vote in the US).

I have recently downloaded voter registration records for 191 million Americans from a leaky database. I believe this is every registered voter in the entire country. To be very clear, this was not a hack.

The mysterious, insecure database is currently configured for public access. No password or other authentication is required at all. Anyone with an internet connection can grab all 300+ gigabytes.

We're talking about first name, middle name, last name, home address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, party affiliation, and logs of whether or not you voted in primary/general elections all the way back to 2000. I looked myself up in the Texas table. It's accurate.

It is not known whether or not "high risk professionals" are included in this database. However, I have looked up several police officers in my city, and their data is indeed present.

I've been working with journalists and authorities for over a week to get this database shut down or secured. No luck so far.

more info: http://www.csoonline.com/article/3018592/security/database-configuration-issues-expose-191-million-voter-records.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/12/28/us-voter-database-leak/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I don't vote. :smug:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tits on a boar

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Are they able to see I voted for Baphomet in every major election?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

voting is a scam

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

quote:

Hi again. Looks like you’re still using an ad blocker. Please turn it off in order to continue into Forbes’ ad-light experience.

suck my diiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I am a registered democrat and I plan to vote for Sanders, if he does not win the primany I will be writing in Tim Tebow as is a tradition dating back to my college days when everyone running for a position in the frat was an idiot

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Really, really, really don't care.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

4outof5 posted:

suck my diiiiiiiiiiiiiick

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol if your registered to vote

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i was probably at some point but i cant find the database!!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
but how does this affect me, a simple poo farmer

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Oh no my credentials. My relatives will know I voted for Romney

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

If you care to read their bullshit. I don't know why they bother trying poo poo like this. The people who use adblock are smart enough to look for a work around once something like this pops up.

http://technewsreporter.blogspot.com/2015/12/how-to-bypass-websites-that-block-ad.html#.VoGsgFKaf5w

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
poo poo, can he find my facebook page too?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sue 'em, Bernie.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I voted for Obama last election. There, now whoever has my info from the Office of Personnel Management hack can skip having to look me up in these records to fill in the data

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Edgar posted:

Oh no my credentials. My relatives will know I voted for Romney

A few years ago my rear end in a top hat brother-in-law replied-all to a reply I made on a nasty email he wrote and said "And I know you secretly voted for Obama!"

Yes the horrible secret that I have been hiding from the family, you figured out that your pro-gun control, pro-choice, liberal, openly gay brother-in-law voted for Obama.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

So like one guy has this info, and that's it? Until it gets released to the web I don't care.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I am a registered Democrat and plan to vote for myself.

I'm Bernie Sanders.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

No. 6 posted:

So like one guy has this info, and that's it? Until it gets released to the web I don't care.

You obviously know nothing about "the web". His point is that it's public access so anyone can access it right the gently caress now. He's the only guy we know has accessed it, but there is no doubt there are others.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Overwined posted:

You obviously know nothing about "the web". His point is that it's public access so anyone can access it right the gently caress now. He's the only guy we know has accessed it, but there is no doubt there are others.

I get that, but it isn't like anyone can go to https://www.voterinfo.com and query your info. Someone can have my name, DOB, and long dead phone/address info, I don't care at all.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I knew I shouldn't have registered. If that cute black chick with the dreadlocks and a clipboard had never talked to me this wouldn't be a problem.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lmao people are so loving incompetent that it is really breathtaking

like for real I bet I could probably sit down at AT LEAST 50% of 'high level' corporate or gov't jobs and do a better job than whatever chucklefuck is currently doing it

Aug 4, 2010

oh dear what a shame

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Three Olives posted:

A few years ago my rear end in a top hat brother-in-law replied-all to a reply I made on a nasty email he wrote and said "And I know you secretly voted for Obama!"

Yes the horrible secret that I have been hiding from the family, you figured out that your pro-gun control, pro-choice, liberal, openly gay brother-in-law voted for Obama.

Lol 3O you're alright with me :)

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Also, voting is for squares and dummies :agesilaus:

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
You all realize this is publicly available data, right? Like any of us could assemble this db legally given the time and enough fucks given.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

So how many hipsters voted for Vermin Supreme? We need to know.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Lu Yan posted:

You all realize this is publicly available data, right? Like any of us could assemble this db legally given the time and enough fucks given.

My DOB is highly confidential information known only to select individuals like the cashier at Walgreens and acquaintances on Facebook.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lol if you have a party affiliation to be exposed lol

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Aralan posted:

I voted for Obama last election. There, now whoever has my info from the Office of Personnel Management hack can skip having to look me up in these records to fill in the data

The database just says if you voted in a given election or not (ie did they cross your name off). It doesn't reveal who you voted for. Way to out yourself for nothing!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Raldikuk posted:

The database just says if you voted in a given election or not (ie did they cross your name off). It doesn't reveal who you voted for. Way to out yourself for nothing!

Welp, now I'm one step ahead of the next leak I guess

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Time to cross-reference with the ashley madison list

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
So all those lovely people finder websites and whitepages.com will be downloading this and putting up everyone's current address and telephone linked to google so they get no privacy online?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Moridin920 posted:

like for real I bet I could probably sit down at AT LEAST 50% of 'high level' corporate or gov't jobs and do a better job than whatever chucklefuck is currently doing it

yeah probably

but so could anyone else by sitting in the chair doing nothing, and thereby not actively making things worse

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
My votes are, chronologically: Clinton, Clinton, I guess Gore?, Obama, Obama, Trump, Apollonia II, Absence of Gravitas

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

yeah but i think they drug test

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
At least there isn't a dedicated us government agency that spies on everything everyone does and backdoors all privacy and security Lololol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
guess that's why paper ballots own (the rainforest).

• Locked thread