Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoebZZ8K5N0

The newest film from Alejandro G. Iñárritu, director of the "Death Trilogy" (Amores perros (2000), 21 Grams (2003), and Babel (2006)), Biutiful (2010), and Birdman (2014). He's working with Emmanuel Lubezki as his cinematographer again, as he did on Birdman. The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Will Poulter, and Domhnall Gleeson. DiCaprio plays a frontiersman and fur trapper set out on a path of vengeance against those who left him for dead, based in part on the 2002 novel The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge. Reviews describe it as bleak and beautiful, but frequently express reservations as to the ultimate depth of its story.

The movie received a December 25, 2015 limited release to place it in the 2015 awards season. It will expand to wide release on January 8, 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Well, Lil Mama, I'm sorry, but I'm just reporting what the reviews I've seen say. I appreciate your direct impression, though.

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 29, 2015

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I didn't mean to direct my post at you if that's how it came off, dear Sir, Kodiak. It's not that the movie isn't bleak necessarily, it's moreso to me that that time period and geography were bleak in general, but the themes and plot line of the movie didn't come off as bleak to me as something like The Grey. If this makes any sense?

I mainly just wanted to make my bad pun, to which I'm delighted you reciprocated :) And, yes, that makes perfect sense.

• Locked thread