Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has Leo ever deserved an Oscar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stare-Out posted:

Here's Leo as Howard Hughes, here's Leo as a skeevy stock broker, here's Leo as a South African smuggler etc. He has no range at all and is basically a blank slate, but bless him he tries so hard. Coupling him with someone like Hardy is just going to emphasize how much range Hardy has compared to DiCaprio's utter lack of it. That said, this movie looks sweet as gently caress and the poster is gorgeous. They released the score digitally a couple of days ago and it's pretty atmospheric if a bit lacking on its own, I'm sure it'll work great with the movie.

I agree with this post. I do not understand the internet circlejerk for Leo to get "His Oscar".

And also want to add an interview on NPR I listened to that the composer , Ryuichi Sakamoto, had throat cancer that he has beat. But the music is a reflection of how the cancer took the life out of him, as he used to work looooong days and now he is reduced down to 8 hour stints before he has to stop from exhaustion.

quote:

"I was very close to death, you know — the closest moment to death in my life," he says. "The pace of that music, the theme, is based on my breath: heavy and long, and maybe a little bit sad. That's the meaning of The Revenant: It's a return from death."

http://www.npr.org/2015/12/22/460711062/in-the-revenant-a-return-from-deaths-door-onscreen-and-off

I thought it was interesting.

• Locked thread