Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

the truth posted:

However, the main takeaways for me were the cinematography and Tom Hardy. I thought the bear looked great.

100% agreed. loving incredible cinematography. I can't wait for the bluray. Hardy was definitely as good as Leo, I'd be happy if both won big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

rejutka posted:

absolutely cowardly handling of the narrative. If you want to make a movie about a triple hard metal as gently caress mad bastard, make it, don't punk out on the more insane parts and throw in cliched, hackneyed bullshit I've seen in so many other movies.

This is funny because in the real story Glass made it back and didn't even attempt to kill Fitzgerald, he had stopped caring at that point.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

good electric posted:

i thought it was beautiful except for all the parts that looked like a goddamned music video

Are you talking about the vision sequences?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

They were definitely indulgent, but I didn't care because they were shot so perfectly and looked amazing. That's kind of my thoughts on the movie as a whole, the cinematography is so good I can look past any other flaws. I really liked it overall, maybe my favorite of the year, and a lot of that is due to the eye candy.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

For that matter, has anyone in any category won 3 in a row before? He definitely deserves it 100%.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I think Mad Max gets best picture, Inarritu gets director, Hardy gets supporting, and hopefully Leo gets lead. Lubezki will clean house again.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I disagree that Malick uses them better or that these were entirely pointless. A little long and overdone but they were certainly central to the story and his journey.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It was to make Glass think the natives did it not him

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Cinema Discusso makes up 100% of my ignore list. Be proud.

Saw this again, and maybe it's just being from the south, but I can understand everything Hardy says just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Honestly curious what cgi you're talking about?

• Locked thread