Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

some advice your post seems a little tryhard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

This might seem like a deja vu to you, but that's because I posted about a month ago, but I forgot what the thread was. But basically I'm posting this because things have gone for the worse and I really badly need advice.

So basically, I seem to only be attracted to girls who are obsessed with The Legend of Zelda like me.

A few weeks ago I met this girl in my class who is very sweet and quite honestly, I feel I might have a shot with her if I put in some effort. And at first I felt like going for it.
However my brain came to its "senses" and figured since she doesn't like Zelda, then she's no good. And I'm honestly really sad by this.

I know I make a big deal out of mentioning Zelda but I think that in general there is a bigger underlying problem. I am a part of a minority since my parents are immigrants in this country and for a few years I've only gone for girls who were culturally similar to me. As in girls who grew up with the same culture and traditions as me. This was a big deal to me and I refused to date outside of my culture. This was by the way completely my desire, my parents never pressured me into this. I feel it was a part of my "identity crisis" that many immigrant kids go through, growing up.

Well, I dated a few girls who were culturally compatible with me however things turned bad and in general I stopped caring for my parents culture so I decided that I no longer wanted to date girls from my parents culture.
However without noticing it, I must have replaced the cultural requirement with the gaming requirement. Now the girl had to share the same passion for Zelda as me since that gaming series meant a lot to me, growing up.

Basically, what I think this is, is me being attracted to girls I have things in common with. And not just any things, it has to be things that mean a lot to me.
But of these requirements have meant that my dating pool is extremely small and honestly, I wish I could stop thinking like this.
But I can't. For instance this girl I met in my class, since we don't have Zelda in common, the fear of later meeting a girl who does like Zelda will result in me getting really jealous and feel like I "settled" when I could have gotten my dream girl, somebody with the same passion in common.
I honestly don't know how to deal with this. It's not just something I can switch off. All I can think about is just meeting a girl who shares the same love for Zelda as me and I feel like that's the only way to get over this.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

goodness posted:

So this is only for taking actual photos and not digitally manipulating them? I couldn't find a photoshop/program area on here.

Have you read the forum or did you just post hoping it would match your expectations

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

whoa hey margaret

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

TequilaJesus posted:

Don't get me wrong, I've lurked this subforum since before SoundMonkey was mod. I even bought my D7000 from another poster here. It's just... really quiet, lately.

do your part and post more

• Locked thread