Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

axeil posted:

So the more I think about it, the more sure I am that Kelly is not getting fired.

My rationale:

1. Two 10 win seasons.

Say what you will about last year, but usually going 10-6 is enough to get you in the playoffs. The NFC had a strong year last year, so it wasn't enough but I find it hard to fault him for that.

2. Full Control

The entire scouting department, personnel office, etc just changed to be what Chip wants. To fire him now would mean you're now going to have another year of restructuring everything. Even more insane are the idiots in the Philly media who think Lurie should strip Kelly's GM powers. Which would yield the same lack of consistency and cause problems.

3. Carolina/Cincy

Look at what Marvin Lewis and Ron Rivera have done during their career. Lewis had not just one, but two 4 win seasons and now the Bengals are a powerhouse. Similarly, Rivera looked absolutely hopeless back in 2012 but ownership was patient and he's now going to have either a 14 or 15 win season. Knee-jerk firing simply is not a winning strategy in the NFL. For an example of what it does, take a look at the Browns.

4. He Finally Has A QB

Kelly has said the #1 priority in the offseason is signing Sam long-term, which is really exciting. He had a rough start to the year, but once he figured things out, man has he looked good. I think with a full offseason to train and Kelly upgrading the OL and teaching the WRs how to catch, Sam could be something really special. If you can Kelly, who's to say his replacement wouldn't jettison Bradford?

5. Bright Spots

The season sucked as a whole, but there were plenty of glimmers of hope. Look at the game against the Patriots, or the game against the Giants. This team is one that can play well at times, they're just horribly inconsistent. I say you give Kelly another year to coach the players up and give them a chance to stop being so Jekyll and Hyde.

Basically, yes the season was super frustrating for Philly fans. However, that doesn't mean that emotional knee-jerk reactions are going to fix anything. Now if things are as bad or worse next year? Then yeah, maybe you make a change. But firing a coach simply because the media and fans over-hyped the team and were disappointed when their delusions didn't come true is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Quest For Glory II posted:

I mean this is Tennessee right, it has to be

It would make everyone happy, so probably.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mukaikubo posted:

I would punch a baby to get to 6 wins right now as a titans fan

Good news!

• Locked thread