Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

HOLY loving poo poo

LIKE HOLY poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

My head is spinning

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

LOOK AT THE DATE YOU FUCKS

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Lurie's official statement:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wonder if Jeff was going to relinquish Chip's GM duties and an argument erupted.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kalli posted:

So now that they're firing a totally me-first, dour control freak in Chip Kelly, they're going to need to hire a conservative, upbeat, player friendly coach next.

... Wade Philips?
brb slitting my wrists

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Brannock posted:

I feel like I remember a discussion from last year about Howie Roseman hating Chip Kelly and potentially building up to backstab him. I wonder if that has anything to do with what happened here.
I'm betting it's a little bit of everything

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lol the eagles didn't inform the players first

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I tend to believe Sal Pal's report of Lurie wanting to take away GM duties and Chip refusing. This was definitely a final nail situation though

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

EDP is gonna be on the radio with Josh Innes tomorrow afternoon

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Brannock posted:

If Chip Kelly never coaches in the NFL again his career in the league will end at 26-21 (55% win rate) and one playoff appearance.

I have to imagine that ranks way up there for head coaches with careers of 3 years or shorter.
It's ahead of the likes of Belichick, Payton and Rivera in their first 3 years. Thing is though he did a lot of that with Andy's players. Chip thought he could do better, and welp

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jeff Lurie press conference tomorrow at noon

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

A buddy of mine who lives in south Philly just posted on FB that he heard Mummers in the distance playing a string band rendition of "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead" accompanied by Fly Eagles Fly singing

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Okay so I just remembered that earlier today I bought a :mcnabb: bobblehead at Goodwill today for two bucks, so this is somehow probably my doing

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles beat reporter is currently stalking Chip's house

https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/682011848917544960
Les Bowen ✔ @LesBowen
Knocked on door of Chip Kelly’s house in Haddonfield. Chip’s girlfriend, Jill Cohen, said he has nothing to say rt now. Ditto Henry the dog.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Harime Nui posted:

fire Agholor
why

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I still can't believe this happened

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

We tried to warn you guys for months, and you went deeper in denial.

If it's any consolation, despite this being the 2015 Harbaugh move, even down to happening a day later than the original Harbaugh move, the actual Harbaugh stuff was worse and funnier (not by much in the latter department but still)
I should've maybe added it's more the timing than anything. Deep down I knew this wasn't going to end well, but I never anticipated this.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Lurie's presser starting right now

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/station/94wip/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Josh Innes is killin it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

WIP discussing that Chip might have Aspergers

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003