Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Professor Shark posted:

Shopping on eBay is sort of fun lately because sending people low-ball offers on over-priced poo poo drives anyone still dumb enough to sell on eBay loving insane in a lot of cases lol

This goes both ways, listing things above retail does not make lowballers happy.

I researched "sold item" prices and listed a piece of audio equipment for almost same as retail and it was 7 years old and guy sent me this message verbatim "Why are you asking $430 + 69.98 SHIPPING? When this item originally sold about 7-8 years ago at a price of $499 with free shipping." (was a big badass heavy power amp that was discontinued and sought after)

and i sold it a couple of days later for what i was asking.. i never bother responding to a single offer thats messaged to me. ebay has millions of people who visit it every hour and the sheer volume of people always amazes me i list some random obscure item 1% lower than the rest of the buy it now listings and sell it within days. Someone out there wants the item, and impulsively will buy it when it looks lower than the rest, key is to wait until ebay charges no seller fees (or extremely reduced fees).

People say that craigslist is a better deal, but 99% of people are complete flakes or will haggle with you the moment you meet up somewhere because they know you already invested time driving there. If your time is worthless than craigslist is great, if your time is worth even $5 an hour then all arguments against ebay fees go out the window. same with buying something, trying to coordinate meet up times with the idiots on craigslist is not worth my time when i can buy it off ebay. craigslist only function is furniture and cars (and even for that its horrible)

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread