Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
selling poo poo on ebay is sketchy as gently caress now because buyers can basically say anything and get their money back. and you're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Meta Ridley posted:

Worked out for you in the end, but this is why I never keep a balance on Paypal. As soon as a transaction clears I take it out. If anything happens, ebay/paypal will put your account at a negative balance and demand you put money in it to bring it to 0, but they can't actually force you to or take it from a bank account without your permission. The worst they can do is close your account and ban you from Paypal. They will also call you and pretend to be a collection agency to try to get the money back, but they are unable to actually put anything negative on your credit report, it is illegal for them to do that because of the weird type of account Paypal is. Creating new "Verified Paypal" accounts is easy too if you know a couple tricks.

I basically have to set myself up to be able to scam as a seller just to protect myself as a legit seller, because ebay usually sides 100% with buyer no questions asked.

The last few times that I sold something on ebay they loving held the paypal payment until the tracking number verified that the item was delivered to the buyer. So the payment didn't even get into my paypal account until a week or more after I shipped the item. My ebay account is 10+ years old and has over 100 items sold with perfect feedback and they still did this to me.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Doctor Butts posted:

lol if you didn't already download an emulator and download a rom for every game ever made a decade ago.

also lol if you didn't spend an hour playing two or three games that you used to love and then never touch them again because games from 20 years ago suck rear end

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
years ago I bought something on ebay and like two weeks later I hadn't received it, so I emailed the seller a few times and he never responded.

I put in a paypal request to get my money back, and like two hours later the seller emailed me about how I was an rear end in a top hat and I caused his bank account to overdraft and his wife was all mad at him

• Locked thread