Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

I can't help but think that exiling DBD will come back to bite the thread on the arse. Now we've decided to turn our backs, sod's law dictates that 2016 will be the year he goes full survivalist, declares his trailer the Independent Republic of Real America and starts crucifying Mexicans along the Interstate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Kavak posted:

What/when was the fuckbarn?

Last year, Muir shambolically tried to start a storyline about his characters starting a Gentlemen's Club for men only, no chicks allowed except as naked waitresses. The philosophy behind this club became more homoerotic the more Muir detailed it, until it became painfully obvious that it was basically a gay cathouse, wherupon it was christened the Fuckbarn. Somehow they managed to create this thing, I guess, and its customers included Sam Elliott (the real one) and Trump-sama. And then it burnt down in a dream sequence, and possibly also reality (we'll never know now).

Kavak posted:

Yeah, but I still want to see what could be vile enough to get banned from a thread that posts Ramirez, the McCoys, and Lester every day.

EDIT: ^^^^ I vaguely remember the ranch. How long was that going on for?

Still going on to date. I think the straw that broke the camel's back vis-a-vis the vileness issue was when Damon anally raped his wife for the sake of a pun in a Sunday strip and it was laughed off by Tuesday.

Hitler B. Natural fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 1, 2016

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

WE ARE ANGRY ABOUT POLITICAL CARTOONS

WE ARE ALSO ANGRY ABOUT THIS ANGER

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

TurnipFritter posted:

Does Yogi Love still do cartoons?

The American Spectator seems to have given up on cartoons back in mid-2014. This is the last cartoon on Yogi's Twitters:

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

First Lang of 2016

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

At least Lang spelled the Secretary of State's name right, unlike the accompanying blog post:

SOFREP posted:

Secretary John Carey’s Great Work in The Middle East

Iran has long been a known State sponsor of terror in the Middle East and responsible for throwing gas on the fire of the Iraq insurgency that killed and maimed so many American Warfighters.

It’s our opinion that American leadership should take some time to reflect on the core values that made America great, and start thinking twice before sacrificing the very values that make America a great country. When we start cutting deals with both Iran and the Saudi Kingdom with no long term strategy in sight, where is the advantage? Lifting sanctions against Iran and granting nuclear hall pass was a bad idea. Saying Iran will not pursue a nuclear weapons program is like men saying they read Playboy magazine for the articles only.

Also, ignoring human rights violations in Saudi Arabia among other things makes you wonder where the moral compass points to in Washington these days.

Peace in the Middle East? Not any time soon unfortunately.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Can't wait for the flowering of the "weeping Obama" meme in the next few days.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

She got married, as I recall. I like to think she stopped cartooning because now she's happy and settled in her life. Or at the very least she now has a husband on whom to take out her misanthropy.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Rorus Raz posted:

Speaking of which, surprised at the lack of "Obama is a wussy girl for crying" cartoons.

Branco's the only one who's touched on that angle, and that was a subtext.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

God I hate the word "Brexit".

Anyway, this is going way back along, but who remembers Elena Steier and the Queen of the Cosmos?

Incomprehensible economic allegory, long since succumbed to the second law of thermodynamics. But the artist is still around, still affiliated with the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists, and I just came across a regular editorial cartoon someone comissioned off her just the other day.

It's about.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Oh, yeah, I remember Israel. That was a nice place before it got nuked by Iran with all the nuclear weapons that it has

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

"Bowie wasn't that smart..."

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Samuel Clemens posted:

The cartoon is a reference to Bowie's 69th birthday and the release of his last album. The fact that he died two days after these events is just a tragic coincidence. :(

Well, sort of. He knew he was dying when he made the album. He made it both to say goodbye and so he that could leave the world while it was busy talking about him.

Well, I laughed.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Sorry, but I'm going to be the one to break the latest awful celebrity death to this thread by genuinely wondering what form the Alan Rickman obit cartoons will take. Mostly Snape or mostly Gruber? Oh, also GOD MOTHERFUCKING drat IT gently caress THIS YEAR TO HELL

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

vyelkin posted:

Kevin O'Leary, who is kind of like a bargain bin Canadian Donald Trump, recently went all Doctor Evil and offered to invest one million dollars in the Albertan oil industry if the newly elected left wing premier of Alberta would just take all the blame for the oil crash and resign her office. Now he's considering running for the leadership of the federal conservative party.

Hey, gently caress that guy, that's Bob the Angry Flower's sister.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

God, Mr Fish is so bland

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

SOFREP (the milblog that Lang shills for these days) got a redesign with tags and things to make it easier to find the cartoons! And then they forgot to put the "cartoon" tag on this one!

SOFREP posted:

Trump is almost tailor made for the Joe the Plumber crowd, but can he get the votes, or the nomination he needs?

Remember that guy? I still think he was a satirical character played by Michael Chiklis.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

It's an edit, Goon braintrust.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Oh god what is that thing

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

After an eyesight-loving ten minutes I figured out it was "Intersectionalism" Good job with the red-on-purple words there, chucklefuck.

Intersectionalism, or intersectionality, is "the study of minorities within minorities, or intersections between minorities; specifically, the study of the interactions of multiple systems of oppression or discrimination". This leaves me very little the wiser when it comes to the cartoon. He is, however, yet another shithead who's making orders of magnitude more on Patreon than I am or ever will. Here's an animated cartoon he made.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Get away with what? Saving some poor bastard's life?

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

B.o.B. is a Russian agent I guess

SOFREP posted:

A Business Insider article shed some light on a Russian initiative to spread their propaganda online through the use of “troll factories” at a national Internet research center.

Business Insider posted:

Employees at Russia’s Internet research center work for 12 hours a day in three-person “teams” spreading Kremlin propaganda online, according to a former employee interviewed by Radio Free Europe.

Workers at the St. Petersburg “troll factory” are tasked with clogging Russian municipal websites and forums with pro-Kremlin comments. To make their comments seem independent and legitimate, employees are given separate “roles” they must play while maintaining their online personae.

Their roles are designed as such so that private citizens reading the website see the anti-government “villain” ganged up on and shot down immediately with the “facts.” The “team” sits together, and few spoken words are exchanged as they work furiously to meet their daily quota of 135 comments.
Navigate Internet forums at your own risk, and beware the Russian propaganda trolls.

Read more at Business Insider.

Also Russians are still commies. But we knew that.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

quote:

A recent oversight report from the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction stated that “the Taliban now controls more territory than at any time since 2001. Vicious and repeated attacks in Kabul this quarter shook confidence in the national-unity government. A year after the Coalition handed responsibility for Afghan security to the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF), American and British forces were compelled on several occasions to support ANDSF troops in combat against the Taliban.”

In light of Obama’s end to formal American combat operations in 2014, the Taliban is stronger than ever in Afghanistan.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

For your consideration: Bob Lang for this year's Worst Caricature Gaybo

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Mister Beeg posted:

Here

I wonder how Tom the Dancing Bug is going to respond to this. The strip loved to make fun of Scalia, depicting him as a comic book-type "hero".

I'm gonna miss the Two-Fisted Justice of Judge Scalia.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

The talking points are already going out about how uppi arrogant Obama wants to actually nominate a new Supreme Court justice, like he's President or something, instead of waiting until after the election when a good white Republican will undoubtedly be in charge instead.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Geostomp posted:

You just know they'll try to turn Obama doing his job into some big offense to harp on until the election.

The last President to appoint a SCOTUS justice in an election year was Ultra-Christ Reagan in 1988, so they really do have less than nothing. Must be nice living in the world where that could possibly stop them.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

zoux posted:

Say, how did the Democrats do in 1972?

Rorus Raz posted:

Okay, I've been skipping over this cartoonist for the past few weeks, because the cartoons were pretty boring, but I've been noticing a trend now:

(hahaha that poorly drawn rear end)

It's like if Horsey was a younger woman who couldn't draw very well.

Then I realized that it's Elena Steier, the mind behind this old Politoon Thread classic

For newer readers: no, I'm not going to explain why Pikachu is talking to a Mummy about slaves.

There is no explanation beyond "read the whole thing for context", and it's not worth it. I used to think of her as a sort of anti-matter Bonsteel. Now the latter has retired she's turned into a Horsey/Noel hybrid, without the spanking.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

This cartoon took Bob Lang a week and a half to draw

Hitler B. Natural fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 16, 2016

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Barack Obama: President from 2001 to 2017

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

In fairness, the specific complaint is that Obama filibustered Alito's nomination in 06, when he was a senator. Ramirez is a hack but he's not factually wrong here, just very unclear.

Exactly. A talented propagandist can tell a truth in a way that reinforces a falsehood, or in this case a false impression. That's what he got two Pulitzers for.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

cram me sideways posted:

Something happening with beer in England?

It's a genuine beer brand:

(apparently it tastes quite nice)

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Dairy products are delicious and I will give them up when I'm dead (of milk-alkaline syndrome probably)

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

The latest Lang is technically an advert for SOFREP's War Anecdote of the Month Club. "This is an excellent way to introduce them to military history and the sacrifices that were made for them to enjoy their freedom" - some woman wearing fatigues

Here's Bob instead

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Another tribute to Delonas from Bob Lang.

So that's Lang, Lester and Garrison in the Trump camp...anyone else?

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Case in point: The last week of Day by Day has all been about how Zed now has an army of robots. Well, not an actual army, more like a squad because there are only three robots right now. But I'm sure he'll have an army eventually. Also, the fuckbarn is being turned into a barbecue restaurant. None of this has anything to do with politics, but it all makes Obama mad for some reason.

I knew it. We stop paying attention and Muir genuinely and hilariously loses the last shreds of his sanity.

Hitler B. Natural fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

The newly elected chair of the Republican Party in Travis County, Texas, says that Marco Rubio is "very likely a gayman who got married," Hillary Clinton is an "angry bull dyke," Rick Perry is "a rampaging bisexual adulterer," and "the Bushes are criminals and should be in jail."

One out of four's not bad. Also I thought a gayman was a small crocodile.

• Locked thread