Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

colonel_korn posted:

as much as there is to unpack here, I think the saddest thing is Rall's understanding of relationships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Zeroisanumber posted:

Who could have guessed that SA is a cultural wasteland?

p much everyone reading it, what's your excuse

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

How am I supposed to read this other than that the NRA is full of poo poo, knows it, and still doesn't care?

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

p much everyone reading it, what's your excuse

Alcoholism and crippling insecurity.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jurgan posted:

But people under the red sun, we walk like this!

I for one am always shocked that Ted Rall is single.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Schnedwob posted:

as much as there is to unpack here, I think the saddest thing is Rall's understanding of relationships.
Imagine what sadblowjob.jpg would have looked like if Rall had chosen to illustrate his own autobiography. Probably like someone whose groin is being attacked by a lampshade or something.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

haha, what

"me?.. i'm just a cool guy, hanging out near the outhouse. no, i don't need to use it"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

colonel_korn posted:

Imagine what sadblowjob.jpg would have looked like if Rall had chosen to illustrate his own autobiography. Probably like someone whose groin is being attacked by a lampshade or something.

Which is probably more accurate to how that incident played out in real life.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Two Bulls. I wonder why he felt the need to clarify who Rosa Parks was.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Stultus Maximus posted:

I for one am always shocked that Ted Rall is single.

When I met Ted Rall in 2007, he was married (he even showed me a picture of his son on his cell phone). Not sure if things changed in the last 9 years, tho.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jay Rust posted:

Two Bulls. I wonder why he felt the need to clarify who Rosa Parks was.

What exactly is the creepy little animal sitting next to Bundy supposed to be?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Men/women, am I right??? :smug:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Eschers Basement posted:

Lemmy was instrumental in developing a specific, niche music genre and largely unknown outside of it; his few tributes were from those who had been part of or touched by that community and generally respectful plays on his personality and achievements.

Bowie writ large across popular art, so every hack who thinks a "19XX - 20XX" banner over a crying man making a trite jokey reference* is actually reverence will be falling off of their easels to churn this poo poo out. Yes, JRRose, I'm looking at you.

*in this case, "Now there's a REAL star man waiting in the sky!"

edit: ^^^^^ gently caress, that was fast

oops

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pussy Cartel posted:

A prairie dog. Often used by Two Bulls as a his mouthpiece.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mister Beeg posted:

When I met Ted Rall in 2007, he was married (he even showed me a picture of his son on his cell phone). Not sure if things changed in the last 9 years, tho.

Okay, now I'm genuinely surprised.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

...Why is St Pete doing LLAP?

Oh. It's an edit. Well played, sir. :golfclap:

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

oobey posted:

It's not actually an obituary cartoon, but I'm calling it now: this Stephen Collins cartoon that was posted back on page 32 is going to end up being the best David Bowie obituary cartoon after all is said and done.

Put out the day before he died, and likely drawn a week in advance.

:tinfoil:

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Hi I spent nearly a decade as a state employee and have jack poo poo to show for it in terms of pension, and that time didn't even count as buy-in for Social Security. And you have the gall to complain about other people getting money with your sinecure.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

One of many, many to come, doubtless

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes gets in on the Kool-Aid imagery as well.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Murderion posted:

Put out the day before he died, and likely drawn a week in advance.

:tinfoil:

The cartoon is a reference to Bowie's 69th birthday and the release of his last album. The fact that he died two days after these events is just a tragic coincidence. :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The NRA is full of poo poo. Instead of using the outhouse to get rid of that poo poo it's going to stand outside and poop its pants while smiling coyly.

A fetish cartoon.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Abyssal Squid posted:

Hi I spent nearly a decade as a state employee and have jack poo poo to show for it in terms of pension, and that time didn't even count as buy-in for Social Security. And you have the gall to complain about other people getting money with your sinecure.

You should've invested in a career drawing love letters to Bruce Rauner like Eric "Bootstraps" Allie.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Samuel Clemens posted:

The cartoon is a reference to Bowie's 69th birthday and the release of his last album. The fact that he died two days after these events is just a tragic coincidence. :(

Yeah, I got that. Still, it's going to be the best cartoon about it since it was obviously poking affectionate fun rather than the gushing we're about to get.

Jia posted:

This is alright, though.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Pussy Cartel posted:

Whistle pig, probably.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Yesterday, I briefly mistook Richard Ramirez with Michael Ramirez in a conversation with my wife. Sadly, she knew who I was talking about and why I would make that kind mistake. This loving thread.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

An early entry for most easily re-interpretted.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

loving that smug guy by lady liberty

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Yesterday, I briefly mistook Richard Ramirez with Michael Ramirez in a conversation with my wife. Sadly, she knew who I was talking about and why I would make that kind mistake. This loving thread.

"The Night Crosshatcher"

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Those loving birders! :swoon:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I condiered making a cheap joke about that, but I guess that would be tasteless.
How did you get into conversation about a rapist/serial killer from the eighties anyway?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The empty supplies box.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Obama's policy may be lovely, but the NRA is getting ready to piss all over it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Man these Death Wish movies are getting lame

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

"Hillary is a cheapskate! And she's going to spend spend spend all your hard earned money!"

Wait what???

Seriously, isn't Branco always calling democrats expensive? Is it just the only insulting word his baby brain could think of close to Chapo?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

I love the complete non-logic this represents. He might as well claim that the underwear itself repels tigers.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Faustian Bargain posted:

An early entry for most easily re-interpretted.

I honestly have to try really hard not to read it as "Americans don't loving need more guns and never actually use the ones they have for the reasons they say they need them"

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

This avatar cost on average $27.

Jia posted:

And no doubt, that lyric will be used endlessly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Store your guns properly or they will gain sentience and have inane conversations while you're away

• Locked thread