Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Blasphemy!

Spanking time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

I actually forgot all about this, but at one point a tabletop RPG magazine had a cover article about MST3K.

Those riffs were actually by the MST crew.
So was there an MST3K card game we never heard about?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!

This year's Rifftrax Kickstarter is up...only listing one show for sure so far. Time Chasers with special guest stars Trace, Frank, Bridget, Mary Jo, possibly Joel & Josh...and the revival cast!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rifftrax/rifftrax-live-2016-mst3k-reunion-time-chasers-live

It would be nice to hear Patton Oswalt and Felicia Day riffing a movie proper with Joel and Mike, as that is probably the literal nerd dream that first got them interested.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has Jim Mallon said anything? Has he ever said anything after the end of mst3k?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Those Russo-Finnish movies are dull as hell, but beautiful and expensive-looking. I bet that in their non-translated, tv package state they are good or considered classics.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Back in the relatively very old days, MTV ran the Alien from LA episode on Saturdays with some regularity.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

What's important is who we are, why we're here, and why I have a picture of a burger on the wall.

That sign just seduces me into wanting a hamburger.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

In the early days of the sci-fi channel they would show Overdrawn pretty regularly as Saturday afternoon filler.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

About as often as the Drew Barrymore thriller Doppelganger, come to think of it...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ms Boods posted:

Having never scrolled up that particular cinema, dare I ask what Drew's doppel was?

T'other night, first time shamefully in years -- Cave Dwellers. How much O'Keefe is in this movie?

Seconds before the hang glider scene, Mr Boods remarked, 'I'm beginning to doubt the plausibility of this plot.'

It's an "erotic thriller" best described as an "erotic" "thriller" where Drew Barrymore has tons of sex with a guy who thinks she has a split personality but considers the alternative of her having an evil twin plausible, and then it just goes way off the rails at the end.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They have said that many of the writers are just weirdos and fans that Joel has met. One is an elementary school teacher, as I recall.

I wonder if Joel feels at all weird about everyone on the new show coming to him because they watched MST3K as kids. Even the Kickstarter people and the lady from Freezepop.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Thor Nightmare (aka Edge of Thor)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Ape of Naples posted:

Well they absolutely did. It's just the old intro with an edit to include Pearl. Though they may have been trying to be purposely cheesy. It seems like something you'd see in a sitcom. [cue someone finding the same thing from an 80s sitcom. Also, it just reminded me of their "Love, American Style" bit and now I want to watch a n episode.]

It's not: they refilmed all the Forrester parts so it was just him instead of him and Frank.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Time Dissolver posted:

Lol, the The Shout Factory DVD of Outlaw of Gor has an interview with John Norman's (the author of the Gor novels) agent. He says things like, "The 'eroticism' of Gor is done tastefully and in character. I'm sure John would be horrified to know that people find it offensive."

Doesn't SA have a classic thread somewhere in the Goldmine about Goreans?

It's the origin of the term and image for biotruths, in fact.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I picked the Mystery Prize instead of the box set, so here's hoping it's actually decent.

Don't worry, you can still get the box set for the low, low price of $100. Aren't the episodes themselves included on those usb sticks?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I got the mystery prize because I'm dumb. Let's hope it's worth $100.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Where was Jim Mallon? I hope he was getting a noose ready or starting his car and closing the garage door.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hulu would bend my mind in a wrong way because it sucks.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What are Trace and Frank holding out for, I wonder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Didn't we know that Harmon at least was a writer? I thought that was part of the initial pitch.

• Locked thread