Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's 1983 and I'm excited for the new and shiny...
This poll is closed.
The Intellivision 2 34 22.67%
The COLECO ADAM 19 12.67%
The Vectrex 35 23.33%
The Atari 5200 62 41.33%
Total: 150 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i would buy undertale, but it's only $2 off so I'll get it when I have free time and less of a backlog

also PA is actually worse than CAD at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I played Civ BE for the first time in a while and there's a lot of Rising Tide I haven't experienced.

It still has issues (waiting 30 turns after you build your final structure in like four different victories is annoying as hell) but I am thoroughly entertained.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ciaphas posted:

Has it reached the usual Civ game point of "an expansion or two has released, it is a Good Game now" yet? Civ with a scifi spin always sounded like my cup of tea but initial reviews steered me clear

Late game is kind of bad still unless you're doing a military victory, but it's varied enough from Civ 5 that I think it's worth a try.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Adam Bowen posted:

1980s:

That first image owns so hard

Why is the Joker a vampire?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sakurazuka posted:

I think it was the first CGI movie that attempted photo realism, so it was pretty interesting at the time and some of the designs and art direction were pretty good but other than that, yeah.

Apparently it was originally too far in the uncanny valley but now it basically looks like an average video game's cut scenes so it'd probably be better received today.

like this reminds me of a lower res Mass Effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnE64DbnUzY

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hakkesshu posted:

It's just a bog-standard fantasy story, I don't think it's gonna be the script that kills it.

Yeah, while it's about as far away from the World of Warcraft property as you can get in the universe, it's also a very simple story that's been done in many previous films.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Taint Reaper posted:

People are announcing that they're going to pull their kickstarter money for things if stuff they're supporting does not have Occulus Rift support.

Kickstarter is ruled by the mentally ill.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
A lot of old games were artificially padded/made difficult to sell strategy guides. I realized this pretty early on with adventure games which is why I used online help whenever possible.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Xenoblade was pretty blurry, I should try it out on Dolphin though.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

McSpanky posted:

The discussion about XCOM's sequel progression in the steam thread got me thinking about something related: are there any game sequels that actually do start you where the last one left off in terms of progressive abilities? Like for example, your classic RPG scenario where you level up and attain more powerful gear/spells/etc. until you defeat the final boss, then typically in Classic RPG 2 it's back to square one.

Technically the Metroid Prime series even though you lose everything not long after.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

icantfindaname posted:

japanese nerd writing is better than western nerd writing because at least it's not pretending to be anything other than garbage. a game like bioshock infinite has its head shoved completely up its own rear end, on top of being garbage

i also feel like a lot of people don't like japanese writing because it doesn't inflate their ego and make them feel like they're smart or have good taste like a game like bioshock would. it's just bad, and rolls around in it like a pig in poo poo

does kojima count as nerd writing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Baal posted:

XV's poised to be the game that basically makes or breaks Square's credibility forever with KH3 lined up to be the very same unless XV does fabulously

So you could say it's their Final Fantasy.

• Locked thread