Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I've been told to sign up for this.

And I suppose that I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Opopanax posted:

Oh wait, I just read there were personalized invites. I'm afraid I can't participate until I receive one, on principle.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

BottleKnight posted:

I hate mafia.

I liked the Godfather, except that weird plotline involving Sonny's mistress.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

Please explain in 250 words why I should allow you to be be in my thread.

i will cry a lot if i get picked last for a team again

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

BottleKnight posted:

I don't give a loving poo poo what thread I'm in. I like Quandary and Max, and haven't really played mafia much with either of them.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

New Criteria: Do you like Ham and Pineapple on your pizza?

I will not tell you which one gets you into the pearly gates of my thread and which sends you to the firey hell-depths of Quandary's thread.

Both are gross on pizza tbqh

i did have a pretty good claim pizza last week though

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

Final Question: If I said "That's the letter 'U' and the numeral '2'" what is the first thing you think of?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_U-2_incident

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Quandary posted:

Jocasta offers the status quo, a world where she commands and you listen. I offer freedom; a world where no one controls you. Believe in Qal and the free horde.

all monarchs are hella dumb and should go the way of tarquin

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

Yo I'm on the ground making pies for my followers and generally being cool and inclusive towards people from faraway lands. I believe you will find that you are the racist here.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Rarity posted:

I'm drunk send help

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Jose Valasquez posted:

Does Charisma do something other than give those abilities?

It makes you really good at talking to girls

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

This statement not endorsed by your fearless leader.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i put all my points into shitposting.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

TMMadman posted:

I'm more of a hate....stylist, if you will. Thank you very much!

Name that movie and get a prize!

the movie is punchline (1988) btw. not tom hanks's best movie.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

Uh, you guys are the fart boggers. We are the civilized cool folks.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

O hateful creatures, loathed of the Gods,
Those chains may be undone, that wrong be cured
And many a means of rescue may be found;
But when the dust has drunk the blood of men,
No resurrection comes for one that's dead.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

God, I have a lot I want to say but I am so exhausted right now. I'll just say that I really did spring across downtown D.C. to be around for the D1 deadline and that my inactivity really was the result of business. If I could have been around more, I would have. I think that if I had caught the thread on D6 when it first opened, I could have averted my lynch. As it happened, though, I let momentum get the best of me and there was very little chance of me surviving three separate near-lynches. I was really proud of the Qal thread when they finally did kill me.

Hats was the MVP on the scum side. I felt really bad for capps and Keane on D3 because they nailed down most the scum and couldn't get anyone to listen to them. I was really paranoid both in the MafiaDoc and outside it that Quandary would latch onto them and get us killed. Atoramos also played really well, imo, even though he thinks he was on the wrong end of everything.

Sorry we didn't go with your secret vote plan, merk. It seemed risky at the time, but we probably would have survived unharmed if we had followed your orders.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Meinberg posted:

Voting me off was a very bad idea, and very rude to boot. :(

Regardless, it was still pretty sweet to follow along afterwards. Lots of good play on both sides.

There's a reason I singled you out, mate. Too dangerous to let live.

pew pew

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

PBS Newshour posted:

i do not regret healing hats, because hats is good and cool

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Really enjoyed the game, Ecco and Asiina. Ecco, the Arrentia-verse had best not forget the noble sacrifices of the Qal scumteam. Hats ancestors deserve respect and we should at least get a town named after us somewhere.

Very proud of Jocasta and company. My only regret is that I didn't keep posting vaguely insulting political cartoons.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Max posted:

Copping Gwyn was a result of QPQ talking about Shakespeare in Love in a post where he was answering one of my questions. Shakespeare in Love starts Gwynneth Paltrow. This information was coupled with scum essentially telling me that one of them were an advisor to Quandary. I thought we had a lead.

I can type more, but that's a lot to take in, for now.

oh god. i just really like romantic comedies max.

forgive me.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

kaschei posted:

was there a reason scum didn't just shoot twice? Ecco mentioned that jocasta healers were plinking for 2 damage healed max IIRC

It didn't seem like it would be an effective strategy because there were four or five day healers running around waiting for players to claim NK damage. The best I thought I could hope for was that we would unintentionally interact with some other player's vig ability or that a NK target would end up in battle without getting healed.

As it stands, the game was pretty much nightless.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i agree with most everything from kashuno with regards to set-up. it was a fun game and i was thrilled by the modding but i don't think it was balanced.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tremendous Taste posted:

Serious question

Did anyone believe my fake invuln claim

You kept eating attacks and nightkills, so I assumed there was some sort of role fuckery going on. In hindsight, that wasn't a good assumption, but it didn't seem productive to focus our efforts on you when you had shrugged off two large attacks.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Hey, Quandary, did I have any chance of surviving that last day or was my lynch effectively sealed in your mind?

I don't feel like I could have escaped three days in a row.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 12, 2016

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tremendous Taste posted:

At least I wasn't just an obvious liar!

Just a liar period 😓

You were usually pretty spot on with your reads. Your problem was that you never posted and that when you did, you never explained your reasoning or made any effort to pursue those cases. It made it really easy to ignore and dismiss you.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Jose Valasquez posted:

I had fun but a few people on our team made me remember why I don't pay mafia much anymore

im sorry

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

FYI I think I am going to retire my footnotes with this game. They had their run, but they seem to be a lot less helpful to other players than I thought and make me look kind of pretentious. I really hope they didn't annoy people too badly.

So RIP to (1)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

TMMadman posted:

At least you sent notes to your scum team. We only got one note from Quandry. :(

One of my favorite parts of this game was sending secret message to Max.

Speaking of which, Max, no one has ever said, "Hello, world" in casual conversation.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Quandary posted:

Yep, you definitely could have. Until the very last minute I was going back and forth and it was probably the most stressful lynch I've ever had in mafia. What really settled it was that the entire base of people I considered to be townie from battle had all voted you so I felt it couldn't have been a scum vote.

Ah well, good to know. I wish I had been around to post when the day opened to try and redirect momentum. It was really enjoyable to read your panic attack in the immediate aftermath of my lynch.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

In closing: You are all very cool people. Keep playing Mafia and thanks for making this game enjoyable.

Thank you to Quandary for being an excellent thread leader and thanks to my scum mates. Could not have done this without you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

EccoRaven posted:

jocasta crawls away from her camp beaten and bloodied, then suddenly a huge number of legion "reinforcements" arrive to finish the job led by Queen Krelo. They easily overwhelm the horde, and Krelo duels and defeats Qal in single combat. Krelo is surprised Jocasta survived the campaign. Jocasta recovers but she is even more aware how her mom tried to have her killed.

It was technically the canon ending as per An Adventure in Arrentia but historians aren't sure exactly what happened since a lot of written records of the time are lost, and Dr. meg-Tullain is set in her ways.

Wow, Arrentia sounds pretty awful.

What would have happened if both groups had killed the others leader?

• Locked thread