Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

McDowell posted:

Rey is the new incarnation of Ken Palpatine - like Kylo Ren is based on Jacen Solo

It turns out Leia in this movie is a robot and the real Leia is being held on Mount Yoda.

I guess we're not gonna see Han Solo's kickin' rad sky house with the comfiest chair in existence, what with him getting murdered and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Wait, "the comfiest chair" isn't just what he calls the wookie when they cuddle?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

New Sharif in Town posted:

Wait, "the comfiest chair" isn't just what he calls the wookie when they cuddle?

'cept a chair don't rip your arm off if you put your boots on it.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Volcott posted:

I guess we're not gonna see Han Solo's kickin' rad sky house with the comfiest chair in existence, what with him getting murdered and all.

The heroes to go there looking for some Macguffin so they can have a hologram of CGI young Ford or the new actor they cast.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

McDowell posted:

The heroes to go there looking for some Macguffin so they can have a hologram of CGI young Ford or the new actor they cast.

This will happen. Even if Harrison Ford croaked, I bet they'd still do that Tupac thing where they cgi necro him and put him there next to Hayden Christensen and Frank Oz.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
This happened to me at the end of the first season of game of thrones. My mom was interested I guess and decided I was the best person she knew to ask about nerd poo poo. Which is manifestly true but its still unpleasant to be typecast by your own mother.

So anyway she asked a billion super specific questions and I hadn't read the books she was talking about for years. I had to go balls deep in a wiki by the end and couldn't stop crying.

I ended up getting her back though, I've spent years harassing her about dumb bitch television like downton abbey. Every time something notable happened on the show I'd call her and we'd have a dumb bitch conversation about "omg they killed matthew, i heard the actor wanted out" and "mom I still want to gently caress maggie smith" and I presume she couldn't stop crying by the end of every one of those convos. Tee hee.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I can't find this answer, but the movies don't answer the question : who is star war?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Edgar posted:

I can't find this answer, but the movies don't answer the question : who is star war?

your mom lol

your mom is a star

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

It got leaked by one of the Lego star wars upcoming games.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

This video should explain everything to mom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZJZFI4tg0I

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Really it's more a series of rebellions than actual wars.

Except for the Clone Wars. Those were legit.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN_Uwo4qQTM

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Actually Luke Skywalker doesn't show up in the movie but his clone Luuuke

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Nathilus posted:

This happened to me at the end of the first season of game of thrones. My mom was interested I guess and decided I was the best person she knew to ask about nerd poo poo. Which is manifestly true but its still unpleasant to be typecast by your own mother.

So anyway she asked a billion super specific questions and I hadn't read the books she was talking about for years. I had to go balls deep in a wiki by the end and couldn't stop crying.

I ended up getting her back though, I've spent years harassing her about dumb bitch television like downton abbey. Every time something notable happened on the show I'd call her and we'd have a dumb bitch conversation about "omg they killed matthew, i heard the actor wanted out" and "mom I still want to gently caress maggie smith" and I presume she couldn't stop crying by the end of every one of those convos. Tee hee.

This is every goon and their parents with Game of Thrones

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Show her this video, OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Archer666 posted:

Actually Luke Skywalker doesn't show up in the movie but his clone Luuuke

AI in the robot hand that's driving around a lobotomized Luke.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
OP grill her about u're real dad

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Bobcats posted:

OP grill her about u're real dad

I'm the dad, so no big mystery there

I hosed his mother, many times, the OP

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-pnGFbwMQ

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
My mother calls him Hans Olo too.

I never try and correct her

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Op I had sex with your mom. Has anyone used that joke yet?

Yea sex with me is a joke

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
mad props to the goons ITT made it this far without dropping an N-Bomb

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
out of all the dumb plot holes in the star war movie, the one that makes me smh the most is: why did leia and rey share an emotional hug at the end of the movie. they never met each other before. rey has no goddamn clue who leia is at that point

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hammerite posted:

out of all the dumb plot holes in the star war movie, the one that makes me smh the most is: why did leia and rey share an emotional hug at the end of the movie. they never met each other before. rey has no goddamn clue who leia is at that point

The correct answer to everything regarding Star Wars at this point is "fan service".

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Hammerite posted:

I imagine they spoke on the phone at some point while she was space driving back to Resistance base.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Hammerite posted:

Well you see Han Solo has just died, the movie implies he became a father figure to Rey and obviously has history with Leia thus they share a bond

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hammerite posted:

that's not a plot hole so much as a natural reaction in an emotionally charged situation

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Rey is Obi Wan's grand daughter.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I read she was Darth Vader. Seriously.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

I think Han Solo mated with a bow legged black woman and give birth to Fin, it's the only hope

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Solo was sticking it to Lando's sister, Bleedo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005

Volcott posted:

That would mean he'd be sexhaving during the 80s. I don't want my dad to get AIDS.

You can only "get" HIV shitsock

once you let AIDS go fullblown that moral failing is on you

Chafey fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 4, 2016

• Locked thread