Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I find it hard to blame Obama for anything that didn't get done when every other branch of the government presented a united front against him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MiddleOne posted:

While ACA as whole is a disappointment as a financial dude I can tell you that it was having an effect on medicine pricing. Scandinavian medicine were wildly falling in both revenue and stock price until Drumpf won and this was because of the ACA.

I can't tell if you mean this to be a good thing or a bad thing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

haveblue posted:

I find it hard to blame Obama for anything that didn't get done when every other branch of the government presented a united front against him.

No one forced him to drone the poo poo out of Pakistan and to support the invasion of Yemen. Also, his campaign promise to give up on Iraq was really bad.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

raditts posted:

I can't tell if you mean this to be a good thing or a bad thing.

That's a good thing, gently caress our medicine companies.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Short version: I think Obama screwed up on Libya and Yemen. I won't give him too much blame for ISIS and Syria. Also, there's that whole thing with PRISM; we're really going to pay for the consequences of it now with an authoritarian replacing him.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I think Snowden and Wikileaks are the biggest indictments about Obama. Snowden shouldn't be a criminal in the first place and Assange wouldn't have been able to evade his rape allegations for half a decade if actual members of congress hadn't been calling for his death uncontested by the sitting president.

The middle east sucks but I have a hard time believing that wouldn't have been the same with McCain.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
And there's the issue of Obama's aggressive deportations. I doubt it was motivated by sincere fear of undocumented immigrants, which makes capitulating to immigration hardliners both cynical and futile, since it didn't stop Trump's election anyway.

Like I said, I'm still going to miss Obama a lot. And Trump is only going to make the reasons why more obvious.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

haveblue posted:

He had both houses on his side for 2 years and didn't use that to force anything through because he mistakenly thought that trying to work with the GOP and get them on board with his agenda using logic and compromise would be in any way productive.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IRQ posted:

He had both houses on his side for 2 years and didn't use that to force anything through because he mistakenly thought that trying to work with the GOP and get them on board with his agenda using logic and compromise would be in any way productive because he was a naive fool.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
this has been posted a million times but Obama only had 72 days with a majority and still had to deal with blue dogs, Franken's runoff and Kennedy/Byrd on death beds/not voting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-m-granholm/debunking-the-myth-obamas_b_1929869.html

That being said he should never offered anything ever and done everything at gunpoint.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I mean I figured that was adequately implied.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Thinking maybe it was for the best Bassem Youssef didn't host the daily show, it would be a real kick in the nuts to have your show shut down because of a dictator just to have the same thing happen again.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

IRQ posted:

He had both houses on his side for 2 years and didn't use that to force anything through because he mistakenly thought that trying to work with the GOP and get them on board with his agenda using logic and compromise would be in any way productive.

It was an optimistic time! It just took... longer for him to realize that optimism was short-sighted than it did for many of us. :smith:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IRQ posted:

I mean I figured that was adequately implied.

I thought a more direct take would be more suited to communicating that idea.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I spent the last year working to elect Hillary, and the one upshot is that I finally have time to get caught up on TDS.

Man, that halloween skit episode that you guys panned? Plays very differently now.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 14, 2016

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Michelle Wolf's bit tonight rubbed me the wrong way. (no pun intended) I agree with everything she said 100%, and some of it was funny, but ugh - I've heard this poo poo before. Yes, women should be writing the laws on their reproductive rights. loving do something about it. Get more women elected to Congress. Don't just make dumb tired jokes from the 90's about it.:ughh:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Majorian posted:

Yes, women should be writing the laws on their reproductive rights. loving do something about it. Get more women elected to Congress.

Of course, it's so simple! Why didn't anyone think of this before??

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
man rob cordrey is coming off as a bit of an egotist in his interview with noah.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

That's Rob Cordrey's interview schtick, he's been doing it forever.

I haven't heard anything about him being that way in real life.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Thinking maybe it was for the best Bassem Youssef didn't host the daily show, it would be a real kick in the nuts to have your show shut down because of a dictator just to have the same thing happen again.
Hey at least the irony would have been delicious.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Keyser S0ze posted:

That being said he should never offered anything ever and done everything at gunpoint.

He just can't make deals, folks. So bad at deals. I'm going to get us the best deals, because I know how to make them. Art of the Deal, people! Sad!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Majorian posted:

Michelle Wolf's bit tonight rubbed me the wrong way. (no pun intended) I agree with everything she said 100%, and some of it was funny, but ugh - I've heard this poo poo before. Yes, women should be writing the laws on their reproductive rights. loving do something about it. Get more women elected to Congress. Don't just make dumb tired jokes from the 90's about it.

Is this like when I got scowled at by an entire room full of activists when I pointed out that literally none of them were planning on working in politics or business and every one of them was majoring in Liberal Arts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
2017 thread

• Locked thread