Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Counter Point: Daily show viewership is reasonably strong and comedy central has invested long term in the show as an establishment.

And Trevor is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I wrote an email to CC asking them to not change to this awful remixed intro they're using now. Dog on Fire is an institution and should be upheld for future generations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Me and you, we're going to fight.

I'll accept that maybe i'm just nostalgic. But the second half the of mix when they very briefly cut (Generally right as they show the desk IIRC) back to an unmixed unmuddled version is just the worst.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

IRQ posted:

I also don't like the new song.

CHANGE FRIGHTENS AND CONFUSES ME

JazzFlight posted:

For real tho, that remix absolutely sucks and I can't believe anyone approved it.

Yes fellow goons! Vindicate me! Thread consensus!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
While I don't agree with him politically I'm glad to see a guest who can speak smoothly while free styling on camera.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

zakharov posted:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

I'm an Extremely White Guy and this article changed my position on the issue completely.

This article made me angry in a good way. Did not know how hosed up Chicago was back then for example.

I don't understand how Bernie doesn't have the minority vote though. He's got the vote of everybody I know my age, he's got the vote of all my texas raised veteran friends, he's got the vote for a huge majority of our local college population.

I feel like the polls are just horridly skewed as they've always been. Selective polling to enforce the narrative these people want. Where else is the minority vote going to go? Not to trump, not to Hillary, surely.

Echo Chamber posted:

NDT's mic drop. That was amusing.

IRQ posted:

But yeah Startalk is ambien.

I love NDT, and listen to Startalk on my commute.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I'm in a weird zone where there was one republican candidate I would vote for over Hillary. I can't remember what his name was because he's not going to win their nomination anyway, which means if Bernie doesn't win the democratic nomination I don't know what I'm going to do.

As for last night I liked most of the jokes in the Zika segment, except the anal one which seemed really out of place. Chang continues to be weird at the end of every segment. And appreciating the non famous guests who are just cool members of society.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Botnit posted:

Uh, I hope you're kidding. She was directly involved in the housing fraud by Wall Street for years while claiming she totes didn't know what was going on despite her boss being one of the few who actually got convicted. She then was a superbly lovely failed politician who managed to get curb stomped in an election she tried to get her Wall Street backers to buy for her by outspending the opponent almost 3 to 1, only to lose the election by a 62 point margin.

Yeah I knew nothing except for the "Woman supporting teaching girls to code". All rhetoric past that was expected. "Girls programming" is something I can support without knowing that she's actually an awful person.

Eiba posted:

Clinton is probably a hawk. It's unspeakably lovely, but so was Obama, push come to shove.

There is no peace movement. There are no anti-war candidates. That America stop killing people is probably more important to me personally than economic justice, but there are very few other people out there, even on the left, who care.

I'm writing a paper under my political science professor about how the US's use of "precision strikes" is while still awful marginally less awful then old open warfare or doing nothing at all. From a strategic standpoint America is the only military game in town.

Echo Chamber posted:

Just tell me the one GOP candidate you'd vote over Hillary isn't Kasich.

It wasn't, but I dislike them all so much its hard to tell them apart.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Its been a glorious train run on Trump by John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Trever Noah, and I expect Colbert to trash him 5 minutes from now.

Daily show continues to be average. I liked the rubio/trump (aka drumph) burn battle editing.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Lindsey Graham on daily tonight: the Republican Party is imploding.

Also not even an uneasy chuckle from the audience about Obama being a bad president. I almost feel bad for the senator but he's really killing it in the best ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
But... What is a republican these days? Graham was great on Last week tonight too, his quote to the NY attorney general about how "I was all with you until I actually started getting briefed by the people in the Intel Community,”

E; also the nightly show has made me laugh tonight. What's going on. The world is burning.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 24, 2016

• Locked thread