Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

raditts posted:

I like Trevor and the correspondents and I think the show has been great.

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one. Trevor Noah & friends is a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

It wasn't prop whiskey?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Echo Chamber posted:

Also, Franchesca Ramsey is a nice addition to the Nightly team.

I have a feeling that she's going to replace Ricky Velez as the youth voice on the show, and that's a great thing. She was cool and funny.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I flip to 'Family Guy' reruns during the 'Nightly Show' now, so I am baffled that they are still doing poo poo about Flint. It seems like Larry and crew latch onto one topic and cry racism for two weeks about it. In the same vein, is he still making tired Cosby jokes?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

At first I kinda liked Ricky, because I think he's around my age and I thought it was nice to have that voice heard on television. Then I realized people my age should not have their voices heard on television.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

I think Ronnie has gotten a lot better. It usually takes several segments by a correspondent before I come to like them anyway. The first few Desi Lydic bits I thought were pretty weak, but I've come around on her too.

Ronnie's segment on that interfaith center was pretty funny and memorable to me.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

also the nightly show has made me laugh tonight. What's going on. The world is burning.

'Nightly Show' is actually pretty decent most of the time these days. Especially when the discussion topic is more pop-culture related, and not about racism or feminism.

I also get a kick at Larry getting tea bags chucked at him at the end of every episode.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, that dating segment was pretty great. It made me glad I never got into online dating. drat, apparently the current dating pool is terrible and racist to boot.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, some of that footage from the RNC that Daily Show got last night was legitimately frightening. That whole bit about the crowd chanting was funny and scary at the same time. I thought Trevor really hit it out of the park though. I'm looking forward to the conclusion tonight.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

zamiel posted:

Conclusion Friday. Or else I got a ticket to nothing.

Oh cool! I misinterpreted the advertising then.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Oh boy, that's embarrassing.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Majorian posted:

W-ow. I've never had to restrain myself from attacking the TV screen.

That Tomi lady is the literal worst person I've ever seen.

What really got me hardest was that she's just a year younger than me, and she's probably making a lot of money for just spouting a lot of inflammatory poo poo.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

GreenNight posted:

How has no one come forward and say, yes he assaulted me? He could be the white Cosby.

Except before the allegations, people actually liked Cosby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

It took me by surprise for sure, but I found it really amusing. Ronnie and Desi's bits were the highlights.

• Locked thread