Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I can't believe Larry is making hating M. Night Shymalyn a thing in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Echo Chamber posted:

Larry to his credit pretty much called anti-vaxxers idiots in that episode. Too bad that point got washed away in the panel.

And then they had another panel with one of them on it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
These skits on the Nightly Show are getting dumber and dumber. It's good that they're trying to draw attention to the water shortage but when they cut to something like that after Larry talks about how serious it is, it's just whiplash.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If her show seems better than Larry's I will have little problem switching to 10:30 to 11:30.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I thought that first segment on Nightly where they switched argument positions was kinda funny? I didn't think to myself 'I want to see that almost literally again a second time, with the same two people and everything', so of course that's what they did.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If it felt like they were reaching for material on the second or so time it appeared, and if it seemed like they were going to boil down to 'let's yell at this guy for doing what we wanted him to' every time, I'd probably say the same. Carell's time on the show was before I started watching it, unfortunately, but it feels like a worse version of Formidable Opponent from the Report.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Echo Chamber posted:

That New Hampshire couple is adorable.

Roy Wood is a treasure.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I can't believe they really did that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Has The Nightly Show stopped doing their really awful "Face against a green screen" bits?

There was one recently where Ricky was dressed like Mario after a report on Flint, so no.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
While that kid is really stupid and deserved to get in trouble for that, that first segment made me not want to agree with Larry at all.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

To be fair that's less her being bad and them not understanding that that segment isn't funny.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I liked that the Nightly Show made sure to show that even a lot of African-Americans and women didn't know who Harriet Tubman was in the first segment.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Cotato posted:

Franchesca Ramsey is the fuckin worst, she belongs on the nightly show.

I didn't mind her first couple segments but now she's looking like a bad version of Jessica.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That Chinese New Year segment was great.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
On one level I found the second segment funny, but the rest of me thought "don't you have anything else to talk about?"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

raditts posted:

Her delivery is some open mic night caliber terribad poo poo, and that's before you even get into her actual material for that segment.

"Hillary seems to have broken the law? Just ignore it!"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Larry has this odd way of being for a given topic in a way that makes me not want to agree with him at all.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Sounds like I didn't miss much checking out after "these people on twitter are doing things I disagree with! Aren't they stupid, audience?"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't know who thought having that second segment after the way he ended the first was a good idea, but it wasn't.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You can't really cite one reason why the show got cancelled, there were a bunch. It's not really that funny, most of the recurring segments are predictable and kind of irritating (to me, anyway), and it didn't even look that good coming off a new Trevor, let alone now.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

JazzFlight posted:

Jon did a more satisfying Trump take-down in his 10-minute appearance on Colbert's Late Show than Noah's been doing since he took over.

That's selling Trevor pretty short, he's been destroying him for the past couple months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I wish TNS had had more segments like that Food Desert one that were just the correspondents talking about issues instead of pretending to be dumb characters.

• Locked thread