Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So, caught up on the week.

Jesus Christ how is someone's first reaction to the President of one of the world's most powerful nations shedding tears over his country's apparent inability to not kill their own children... to ask why he didn't do the same thing with terrorist attacks? Like, I get maybe the dissonance can feel weird, but to be that loving indignant about it?

In other but less serious wtf news, oh my god sneaker culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Charles Martel posted:

And that's the thing I say to people that say Trevor needs time to get more comfortable in the role: He'll never have the insight Jon Stewart had and still has. He was born and raised here. He knows the score. He just gets it. And most importantly, he's quick with his wits and wisdom to slam anything or anyone on their bullshit. I think it's been mentioned before, but most of the time, he acted like the father most people want or wished they had and he was speaking for younger generations.

I like Trevor too, but he'll never have that special something Jon had.

Inversely, I think Tervor's overseas origins can be a boon to him, though thus far he's tapped into more for naivety and confusion over America's issues to try and show how crazy they are, rather than having a more globally informed perspective on issues. Probably the closest I can think of is when Trevor gets to make dictator jokes, since he comes from a continent where those have been and actually still are a thing, compared to people just randomly yelling 'King Obama' like it actually means something.

• Locked thread