Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
flickmaker joins the ring havers club! 2015 SASFL Pats are the Super Bowl champs!

Oberst, the leage mascot, is back to troll us all.

Who wants to join up and dethrone ~Jimmy G~

* We will be playing on All Pro Difficulty. We will use default sliders at the onset, and I reserve the right to make slight modifications depending on ~*EA MAGIC*~ (last year, we had to dial down CPU QB accuracy because Matt Flynn would go 21/22 on a user, and CPU INTs were dialed down a degree). For many of us, these sliders won't really matter but it's a pretty big boon to newer players to reduce the CPU game frustration. These have no effect on user games.
* Quarters will be 6 minutes with no run down.
* I am undecided on how we should approach Coach vs Owner, and I'm going to let us debate prior to the game's release. Last year Owner was pretty broken and many teams couldn't resign any Free Agents unless they relocated to a big market to actually make cash. Being a Coach negates that, but removes Hot Dog Vendor Simulator 2015 and relocation ability. We eventually went with the mantra of do either or, and it worked out well. I'm leaning that way this year.
* Cheesing isn't tolerated here. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that. Let's be good sportsmen in here. Includes, but not limited to (going for it on 4th downs deep in your own field, nano blitzes, or abusing no huddle. If you have to think that a play you're using may be cheap or laughed at in the real NFL, you should probably not run it.)
* Running up the score aggressively on users is frowned upon.
* Changing teams is allowed, but only in the offseason. Once the season begins you are stuck with your team until the next preseason. No jumping teams mid-season.
* Pubbies can only join this league if an existing member will vouch for them and risk their place in the league. While we have had some pretty good pubbies in the league, we've had a few utter shitheads and we'd rather just keep them out.

CPU Games
Get them in, get the W. I don't care if you need to restart to get the W, but please don't restart just to pad stats or shake off injuries. If you blow them out, that's fine, but let's not restart 8 times to get your QB 900 yards. A new feature this year will allow me to assign a W to any matchup, so if you can't play a CPU game this year, we can discuss as a league if a sim or assigning a W is appropriate. Which will help keep CPU teams out of the playoffs, as in the past few years we've had people lose playoff spots to CPU sims.

Trades
Trading with the CPU is enabled until Week 4. Exploit the logic at your own risk!. We can discuss this as the year goes on or before we even start, but most of us shouldn't need to trade with the CPU. Generally, the overwhelming majority does not like this being available as it can and will be abused.

Team Priority
Any returning goons from last year's league get their first dibs on keeping their old team, or taking a new one. I will post the team list as it was at the end of our last season.

If there are disputes, and I know at least one (dave vs jabro for the Giants), please work these out amongst each other. I am not making any decision as to who will win a dispute on a team.

If you are not returning to a team, please post. With 32 teams, everyone should get a team that can play to their preference, and it's never guaranteed everyone will play beyond a season so some teams can and do open back up.

Schedule:
I aim to advance us on a 3 schedule, no questions asked. If all games are in before that advance period we may advance, but to start off we'll go with 4 days. Please let Dubious know after 24 hours if you can't get a hold of your opponent and we will work from there. If everyone is done before hand, we will advance early. If you are the last person we are waiting on then you have 24 hours. So if everyone is done in 12 hours except for 1 person then he has 1 day after that to finish up their week or the league will advance. If you are playing the CPU then we expect your game to be done within 48 hours unless you mention it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - Havoc904
PSN: Havoc904
Alt contact: PM

Philadelphia Eagles - Ty1990
PSN: tylerdonchez
Alt contact:

New York Giants - Sharzak
PSN: Sharzak
Alt Contact:

Washington "Professional" Football Team-
PSN:
Alt contact:

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Afterfather
PSN: notescobar
Alt contact:

Atlanta Falcons -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Carolina Panthers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New Orleans Saints - D_I
PSN: Vermars
Alt contact:

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

St Louis Rams - davecrazy
PSN: dpcv8
Alt contact:

Arizona Cardinals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Seattle Seahawks -
PSN:
Alt Contact:

NFC North
Green Bay Packers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Minnesota Vikings - Calvin Johnson Jr.
PSN: rufioj
Alt contact:

Detroit Lions -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Chicago Bears -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC East
New England Patriots - flickmaker
PSN: flickmaker
Alt contact:

Miami Dolphins - human being Guy
PSN: thenardpuppy
Alt contact:

Buffalo Bills -
PSN:
Alt contact:

New York Jets -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Jacksonville Jaguars -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Houston Oilers - Dubious
PSN: dubious
Alt contact:

Houston Texans -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC West
Oakland Raiders - Paperback Writer
PSN: Paperback75
Alt contact:

Denver Broncos -
PSN:
Alt contact:

San Diego Chargers -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Kansas City Chiefs -
PSN:
Alt contact:

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - Traxis
PSN: xtraxisx
Alt contact:

Baltimore Ravens - Oberst
PSN: McShurto
Alt contact:

Cleveland Browns -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Cincinnati Bengals -
PSN:
Alt contact:

Dubious fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 7, 2016

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Claiming Minnesota unless someone REALLY wants it, then I'll take detroit.

alt: ill get a notification on my phone if you message me

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yeay new thread.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
New York Giant Footballs please and thank you!!!
Online id is Sharzak
Edit--you actually mention at the bottom of your OP that two people are fighting over this spot already. They're not in the list so I'm confused.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 7, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
title rules

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Claiming Minnesota unless someone REALLY wants it, then I'll take detroit.

alt: ill get a notification on my phone if you message me

Join as Vikes in SASFL and Lions in bizarro!

No one ever plays the vikes in SASFL besides that horse race gambling goon, and he's not posted in these for years

Sharzak posted:

New York Giant Footballs please and thank you!!!
Online id is Sharzak
Edit--you actually mention at the bottom of your OP that two people are fighting over this spot already. They're not in the list so I'm confused.

He copypasted most of the old OP, so dont worry about that now. Giants are open in this league: SASFL (training camp rosters); however I have reserved them for resident NYC poster davecrazy in BIZARRO LEAGUE (week 17 rosters), which I haven't made yet because the roster isnt out yet. Join as the Jets in bizarro for double NYC fun

@paperback - bills were already claimed

OK I'm done posting about bizarro in here. I'll post the thread when I'm done with work don't tell dubious I'm on the clock right now

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

drat. Jets then. Part of me wants to just do Raiders but I'm gonna resist.

E: wait, is Pittsburgh taken? They'd be my first choice

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 7, 2016

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I'll take the Raiders in Bizarro if Paperback doesn't!

Also, I'm pretty happy with my team and the various free agent pickups. Chris Ivory is like a mini Beast Mode, constantly breaking tackles. Tolbert compliments him great as well. After coming off a season with old man Steven Jackson and Joseph Randle at fullback, it feels like Night & Day.

My rookie QB is alot more accurate then I expected as well. I was surprised he was still sitting there at the end of the 1st round since he was one of the few quarterbacks that scouted positive for my system.

Finally, I love all my linebackers. They were consistently all over the ball and knocking the crap out of anyone they could find.

It was a hollow victory playing against the CPU since ShortThug left :( That Cardinals offense really got screwed by retirements as well, losing Carson Palmer & Chris Johnson. Now they have Matt Barkley leading with Stepfan Taylor starting at HB. Their offense only gained 39 yards.

I was really looking forward to a NFCCG to see if I could come close to bottling up the run. Oh well, hopefully ShortThug is back next year!

Great to see some new people signing up for the league. It was an odd year having only Ty and I in the NFC East since it is usually a bloodbath.

Just added it up, 8 user games this year, woooooooooooooooooooo

Havoc904 fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 7, 2016

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Updated team listing.

I'll invite the new folks tonight.

@megatron, the Vikes are a pretty good, well balanced team in this league. I played them in Week 1 and they have an Adrian Peterson - Lamar Miller 1-2 punch at running back with great lines on both sides of the ball. You should have a good time.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Link to bizarro

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759125&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Dubious, you'll have to tell me how to set the xp sliders for maximum benefit

@Ty1990 - I sent you a pm

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oberst posted:

Dubious, you'll have to tell me how to set the xp sliders for maximum benefit

Crank it to 300% and forget about it imo. I did a season by myself with that setting and i actually got to develop guys who weren't starters. If we're shooting for two seasons, it's the best number anyway.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Yo Dave I'm available all day, ready to try out this new (and improved?) Defense.

Edit: Todd loving Gurley, that is all.

D_I fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 7, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yeah when your HB goes for 311 combined yards and 4TDs and the defense gets 4 INTs it's going to be a long day.

GG

Rams 45 Saints 17.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Advance is Sun/Mon? See Dubious

:siren: WEEK 2, 2016 :siren:

:911: AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK :911:

Vermars @ Vietcampo
McShurto @ DrunkenPanda18 (auto RIP?)
Paperback75 @ flickmaker :siren: AFCCG rematch

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Free for about an hour and a half flick

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Paperback Writer posted:

Free for about an hour and a half flick

Play at 9 central?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

flickmaker posted:

Play at 9 central?
Yeah cool. Let's see how you guys are without Brady!

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
You guys streaming?

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Offensive line went to poo poo. 6 sacks allowed. Gave up a 90 yard td on a 3rd and long. And a kickoff return td? Jesus. Jimmy G tried to battle back but came up just short.

Raiders 17, Pats 7

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

The king is dead! Raiders beat the Pats 17-7 at Foxboro.

Not a stellar performance by my offense, save for a couple deep balls to Amari. Aldon Smith and Justin Tuck got after it with some key sacks forcing punts instead of FGs and 1st downs. And minimized Gronk to 8/56.

gg flick, let's hope for another playoff rematch

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Hey Vietcampo when can you do this?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

D_I posted:

Hey Vietcampo when can you do this?

I can play now, tomorrow after 1130 cst, or sunday after 1030 cst if we haven't advanced yet.

Sorry i work the closing shift on weekends. If not i don't mind taking a loss.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

VietCampo posted:

I can play now, tomorrow after 1130 cst, or sunday after 1030 cst if we haven't advanced yet.

Sorry i work the closing shift on weekends. If not i don't mind taking a loss.
I can do either of those, ill be on tonight so we should be able to get it done.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

D_I posted:

I can do either of those, ill be on tonight so we should be able to get it done.

Hey man, i'm not gonna be able to play until 1230 cst now tonight.

If you're still up and able to play, let me know. Otherwise we may have to play tomorrow after 1030 cst or before noon if that works?

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Hey man, i'm not gonna be able to play until 1230 cst now tonight.

If you're still up and able to play, let me know. Otherwise we may have to play tomorrow after 1030 cst or before noon if that works?
hey I'm up right now and should be on later tonight if you don't see this.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Dubious dead, RIP

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

D_I posted:

hey I'm up right now and should be on later tonight if you don't see this.

should be systems go for tonight at 1030-1100 cst.

Apologies for last night, came home and family was celebrating my pops birthday early.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Got my invite, thanks. I'm getting loving wrecked by the Browns which does not bode well. I've started over I think four times now and need a break. Cromwell is regularly breaking 2-3 tackles and ODB is dropping tons of passes.

What roster is this using? I don't seem to have Will Tye or my head coach. Feels like a different team to the regular Play Now mode--Randle and ODB drop a lot of balls and Eli is less reliable. At least Vereen constantly gets dumpstered in the backfield so there's consistency there.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

VietCampo posted:

should be systems go for tonight at 1030-1100 cst.

Apologies for last night, came home and family was celebrating my pops birthday early.
alright ill be on at 1030

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Falcons win 28-14 vs. Saints. With a rare turnover free game from me and a big game from high profile free agency signee Matt Forte and a quality game from Matt Ryan.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Oberst posted:

Dubious dead, RIP

god is dead

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Dubious posted:

god is dead
sorry bro.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Advance is Wed? See Dubious

:siren: WEEK 3, 2016 :siren:

:911: AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK :911:

Sharzak @ tylerdonchez
McShurto @ Havoc904

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Havoc I see you're on if you want to play in a few minutes

Just looked at the Cowboys oline. 4/5 starters are 90+ :eyepop:

Oberst fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 12, 2016

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
How come I can't promote my 81 ovr center to starter? Doesn't look like he's injured or anything.
Also Tyler I'll be free some of tomorrow afternoon and pretty much all day Wednesday what works for you?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Ty is on auto for a bit. Ill make sure it is set in the am.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Oberst posted:

Havoc I see you're on if you want to play in a few minutes

Just looked at the Cowboys oline. 4/5 starters are 90+ :eyepop:

Hows your schedule look tonight? I was tired as hell, ended up passing out at 8:45 and then slept like a rock until this morning. Missed most of the Championship game :(

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Havoc904 posted:

Hows your schedule look tonight? I was tired as hell, ended up passing out at 8:45 and then slept like a rock until this morning. Missed most of the Championship game :(

Clemson dead. Thats all that matters

I should be free post 830 est. I'll be down to play pretty much whenever after that. I'll post if something changes

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
:laffo: CPU Teams are initiating trades now. The Bengals straight up traded me Giovani Bernard for Johnthan Banks. Most of the other CPU teams were only offering 7th Round picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
yea i turned them on for a few weeks because some people had poo poo poo poo poo poo drafts.

Turning them off in an advance or two.

• Locked thread