Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Hey, can we send Roethlisberger to Detroit next? Maybe he'll decide to hang it up too.

Hang himself I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hang himself I hope.

The rope would break.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Petite Dinklage posted:

Come to the Packers Calvin

It is your only hope

Please :getin:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God damnit :(

Good for him, he'll always be one of my favorite Lions, but jesus christ, gently caress this loving franchise, Calvin should have had a ring.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

GobiasIndustries posted:

God damnit :(

Good for him, he'll always be one of my favorite Lions, but jesus christ, gently caress this loving franchise, Calvin should have had a ring.

I'm still mad the speculation of trading him to Carolina mid-season never panned out. Mayhew might have saved his job if he pulled the trigger on that one, assuming there was a trigger to pull.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Are there any Millen draftees left on the team now?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Dan Orlovsky and Manny Ramirez, both of whom left for a few seasons and came back

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Nobody in the league
Nobody in the league
Cory Redding, on the Cardinals
Nobody in the league
Dan Orlovsky
Nobody in the league
Calvin about to retire
Drew Stanton, on the Cardinals, better than Carson Palmer
Manny Ramirez
Gosder Cherilus, on the Bucs
Cliff Avril, on the Seahawks
Jerome Felton, on the Bills

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Megatron just gets rebuilt and comes back stronger than ever as Galvatron....right?

:ohdear:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

It's incredible how the Lions are such a depressing organization to play for that it causes all-time greats to retire before their time is up.

Jamizzy99
Jul 4, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE loving LIONS DID IT AGAIN JESUS loving CHRIST

Can't you though?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

maybe he'll come back and ring chase with another team, changing his nickname to "galvatron"

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Since now it's basically confirmed I'll ask again: Is Megatron a HoFer?

He didn't play quite long enough to end up at the top of receiving lists, he does have a few records to his name but the hall is severely backed up already. he had a few seasons being considered the best in the league but I'm really unsure if he has quite enough to get in. Certainly not first ballot.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Febreeze posted:

He didn't play quite long enough to end up at the top of receiving lists, he does have a few records to his name but the hall is severely backed up already. he had a few seasons being considered the best in the league but I'm really unsure if he has quite enough.

Probably not

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hang himself I hope.

It's gonna own for the few years after Brady retires, and rapey Ben shits on New England until he retires

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

We can always hope for him to come back and play with the Patriots.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Febreeze posted:

He didn't play quite long enough to end up at the top of receiving lists, he does have a few records to his name but the hall is severely backed up already. he had a few seasons being considered the best in the league but I'm really unsure if he has quite enough to get in. Certainly not first ballot.
Nine years...Five Pro Bowl nods and three All-Pro nominations at wide receiver? Probably not. If he were to play for a couple more years and put up numbers like he did this year he'd more than likely be in.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

At least the Lions can't destroy the will of the all time best TE since Gronk is too much of a meathead to give in to malaise

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

will_colorado posted:

Megatron just gets rebuilt and comes back stronger than ever as Galvatron....right?

:ohdear:

But he goes batshit crazy and can never get the job done. At least in one timeline. In others..

Does this make Aaron Rodgers Rodimus Prime?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intruder posted:

At least the Lions can't destroy the will of the all time best TE since Gronk is too much of a meathead to give in to malaise

Did people decide that he has surpassed Gonzalez? Because that's a tough bar to pass in terms of longevity and production.

Speaking of perseverance in the face of one's team never going anywhere...

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Of course he's a Hall-of-Famer, you tits. The single-season receiving record is pretty drat big.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Dan Orlovsky and Manny Ramirez, both of whom left for a few seasons and came back

There's also Dan Muhlbach, the long snapper who Millen signed as an UDFA.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Did people decide that he has surpassed Gonzalez? Because that's a tough bar to pass in terms of longevity and production.

Speaking of perseverance in the face of one's team never going anywhere...

He's already like, 3rd in TDs from a TE. Gonzo is stuck at 111, Gates has like 104 and is on his last legs, and Gronk is like 28. He's going to demolish that record.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

He's already like, 3rd in TDs from a TE. Gonzo is stuck at 111, Gates has like 104 and is on his last legs, and Gronk is like 28. He's going to demolish that record.

Gronk is going to be 27 going into next season (currently 26) but he's also catching passes from Brady compared to whatever the hell the Chiefs had, I guess like Trent Green some some chaff

Gates at least had Flutie, Brees and Rivers

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Gronk won't have Brady forever. Assuming he is going to hit the wall like most QBs, Gronk will probably have 2-3 seasons of Brady left and then go into his 30s with whoever.

He will need to play into his mid-30s to reach Gonzales level stats. No question though, Gronk is a better TE than Gonzales.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGwnlaUtqa4

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Of course he's a Hall-of-Famer, you tits. The single-season receiving record is pretty drat big.

Antonio Brown probably breaks it this year if he has a healthy Ben all season.

Passing/Receiving records have started to lose some value with how the league has changed, the record isn't as impressive as it would have been years ago

I'm not saying he's not a HoFer, but his case isn't that rock solid

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Two amazing WRs named Johnson with overlapping careers hamstrung and ultimately destroyed by playing for terrible teams

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

Two amazing WRs named Johnson with overlapping careers hamstrung and ultimately destroyed by playing for terrible teams

I don't think Calvin overlapped Keyshawn at all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wouldn't apply to Keyshawn anyway he has a ring then got to play for the Parcells Cowboys

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

How does it make you feel that Finnegan is going to have a ring but aj80 won't?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A lot like a bunch of QBs not named Warren Moon having one

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Intruder posted:

Trent Dilfer :tizzy:

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Intruder posted:

Warren Moon won a Super Bowl ring as a broadcaster for the Seahawks :unsmith:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Three. Andre, Calvin, and Chad.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Josh Gordon drat near did that in 2013 only playing 14 games while receiving passes from Brian Hoyer, Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell.

Megatron is awesome but he doesn't have the longevity, which sucks for him. There really is a logjam of great wide receivers trying to get in.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Febreeze posted:

And the receiver logjam is only going to get worse over the next few years.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TyroneGoldstein posted:

And the receiver logjam is only going to get worse over the next few years.

And anyone with eyes could tell you that Megatron was better than all of them

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Yoshifan823 posted:

Three. Andre, Calvin, and Chad.

Chad Johnson kinda made his own bed. Yeah he was stuck on some bad Bengals teams, but he was traded to a Super Bowl team and was too dumb to pick up the offense. Then he got another chance in Miami and got himself arrested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

Wouldn't apply to Keyshawn anyway he has a ring then got to play for the Parcells Cowboys

Keyshawn has a ring?

Oh wait, gently caress I keep forgetting he was in Tampa with Gruden.

• Locked thread