Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey, here's the Smackdown thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

And Mauro Ranallo is commentating!

And it's John Cena and he's not injured yet!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Will the new announcer be any good?
They've got him paired with Jerry and Byron.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Only watching this to see how Mauro does.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
John :cry:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm surprised Del Rio is still healthy with all the gas he's on.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

THE SHOCKMASTER

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
THE SHOCKMASTER?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

There were more camera cuts than punches in the corner.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
i like this guy who's not Michael Cole. put him on Raw too please.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I like them advertising the Hateful 8 for this PG product

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006
I already like the new commentator better than everybody else.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I like how Mauro's got this whole "MY BROADCAST VOICE IS LOUDER THAN YOUR BROADCAST VOICE" thing going on.
Also, he actually sounds like he gives a poo poo about the product.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Jerry seems to be acting like a heel

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
Having someone commentating that sounds like a real Big Boy broadcaster actually makes King and Byron Saxton bearable.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

achillesforever6 posted:

Jerry seems to be acting like a heel

came here to ask this too, actually. First time watching smackdown in a very long time, and only because of Mauro, is King normally slightly heel?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Mauro sounds like JR if he didn't have a hick accent and it's kind of disturbing

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Push Kalisto

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Okay. The replay was better.
The camera cut they originally had during the pin made me think it was only a two count.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

spongeh posted:

came here to ask this too, actually. First time watching smackdown in a very long time, and only because of Mauro, is King normally slightly heel?

I haven't watched Smackdown outside of isolated segments in years, but he's definitely a face on the PPVs.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Becky looking good tonight

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Commentators doing a wrestler's little dance to get them over is an instant death blow.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

makoto20 posted:

I already like the new commentator better than everybody else.

For sure. I'd much rather him on Raw over Michael Cole. Mauro is legit.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

One day Mauro's descendant will welcome Phillip J. Fry to the world of tomorrow.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

spongeh posted:

King was full blown heel for years until the Kat got fired and he walked out over it and Heyman took his spot. Then when he came back he was face for some reason and that lasted for years, especially for the heel Cole years. Then after that he was kind of a dementia-addled Grandpa, and I guess he's heel again now that someone that can handle it as well as JR is back.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Good Mauro video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZVRR9fdbjw

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Thauros posted:

I haven't watched Smackdown outside of isolated segments in years, but he's definitely a face on the PPVs.

I actually forgot King is still on the PPVs, and had to go look one up on the network because I didn't believe you, I have zero memory of anything he's ever said, just Cole and JBL

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006
I just hope he's never at the same table as JBL because JBL will make it his personal mission to sabotage him with inane bullshit and a louder voice.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NEW DAY CRASHES MIZ TV. :vince:

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
How "in" is Cole with the boys in Titan Tower? Like is he important in any real way? If Mauro keeps it up is it possible to see Cole knocked out of his Raw announcing role? Or at least PPVs?

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

new day and the miz are in the same place. good things are happening on my tv and i like it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

WE ARE NOT ROOTY TOOTY BOOTY.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

gtfo of my new day segment Dolph

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GOLDUST

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Dolph Ziggler killed all the good in the room

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

And Golddust interrupts Dolph Ziggler! Whose music will play next?

e- I was only half joking, but sure enough, here comes Neville.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

How "in" is Cole with the boys in Titan Tower? Like is he important in any real way? If Mauro keeps it up is it possible to see Cole knocked out of his Raw announcing role? Or at least PPVs?

Not a chance. Reminder that Joey Styles got lots of heat for calling matches and not ~*~*~*telling stories*~*~*~ when he replaced JR in 2005.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

R-Truth joke segment incoming

edit: thought i was joking, didn't read spoilers

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Miz has actually been pretty entertaining in these segments lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

And Golddust interrupts Dolph Ziggler! Whose music will play next?

e- I was only half joking, but sure enough, here comes Neville.

WHAT'S UP

Are we just cleaning out the locker room so everybody gets on before Kevin Owens and the Divas?

• Locked thread