Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

jhcain posted:

I just noticed - 28 posts, and it's GOLD. I sure hope I don't let you down!

Yup, can't argue with that. :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

jhcain posted:

My original thought was to do the ecoboost 4, but there are some predicates that make it a little weird. Transmission options are few (Miata?) and they're not as easily packaged as some other options.

I think your no-adapter-needed RWD transmission options on the MZR/Ecoboost are going to be the Miata, RX8, Ranger, and now the Ecoboost Mustang. Best gearbox for the money out of that is probably the Miata, I'd expect the Ecoboost Mustang is still too rare in junkyards to have cheap partouts yet.

I honestly would get a kick out of doing a Cosworth Vega with an Ecoboost or Ecotec, but you'd definitely spend more for less cylinders with any domestic option.

• Locked thread