Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Jukeboxblues posted:

made me inhale doritos dust
you are under its power now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asclepius Hot Rod
Apr 5, 2009
Perhaps your great grandfather was an explorer of some renowned, made a name for himself in exploring the farthest deserts of Araby and the remotest corners of darkest Africky.

Perhaps he produced off-spring with some vile emanation of these foul regions of the earth.

Perhaps... you have a little negro blood in you?

THE HORROR.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Is eldritch the same thing as eldridge?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

a hole-y ghost posted:

i'm not sure i want to let everyone know when cthulhu rises from his dreamless slumber

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

a bone to pick posted:

My gums bleed every time I brush my teeth, must be an eldritch horror following me around

A creature so vile that in my tongue the best I could pronounce it's name would be Ghen'jahvitus.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

oh please a horror beyond time and thought has better things to do then bother with the rancid monkey flesh you call your life
its probably just cheeto farts

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Mariana Horchata posted:

PM Gatekeeper, he seems to be an authority on magicks and may be able to help u

I dare not drag another unwillingly into my waking nightmare!

I had a very eventful day. Update coming soon!

Asclepius Hot Rod posted:

Perhaps your great grandfather was an explorer of some renowned, made a name for himself in exploring the farthest deserts of Araby and the remotest corners of darkest Africky.

Perhaps he produced off-spring with some vile emanation of these foul regions of the earth.

Perhaps... you have a little negro blood in you?

THE HORROR.

:ohdear:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

CJacobs posted:

Did you guys know that a person who was alive in the early 1900s was racist!? shocking!! Here's 10 things YOU didn't know about HP Lovecraft that'll BLOW YOUR MIND! Not the least of which the cthulu mythos ha ha thanks I'll be here all week

I bet he didn't even respect women either.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Official Update #2:

I managed to sneak out of the house at some point to get some supplies. I first went to a book shop and asked if the had any books about banishing aliens back to their dimension, and the woman wouldn't give me the time of day. I suspect as a seller of knowledge that she does not want to be captured and studied by the creature, so that it would learn more about this planet and perhaps lead to better exploit it. Wise indeed.

I then went to walmart to collect some essential items. I was stopped by another crazy gypsy woman outside walmart though. She smelled as offensive as she looked, musty cheese and yogurt assaulting my nose holes. She warned me of Them, those that would dare enter this world and take everything from us. Was she crazy? Or was I so blind as to ignore the warning signs when they first reared their cyclopean heads? We spoke for a short while longer, as long as I could tolerate a filthy, inbred gypsy, which worked out to be 30 seconds.

I did however buy a small trinket from her, in hopes that it may aid in warding off dangers. I wore it begrugingly on my Naruto shirt, but could feel the stares of strangers as I wore this small effogy proudly on my chest. I must have looked insane to those that did not understand. I did get a few thumbs up from those that wore similar idols. I nodded and smiled to those people, as they must be hunted, or at least once hunted, by the unspeakable and indescribable horror that currently persues me.

I returned home with enough supplies to last me about a week. I sit now in my basement fully aware ofits presence upstairs in the living room, howling and cackeling, perhaps at the very notion that it has trapped me down here. I will have to do something drastic soon, lest I be driven mad.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

> summon jolio

you do realize its Jollo and not jolio right?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Try not standing in the dark corners, op!!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jukeboxblues posted:

Official Update #2:

I managed to sneak out of the house at some point to get some supplies. I first went to a book shop and asked if the had any books about banishing aliens back to their dimension, and the woman wouldn't give me the time of day. I suspect as a seller of knowledge that she does not want to be captured and studied by the creature, so that it would learn more about this planet and perhaps lead to better exploit it. Wise indeed.

I then went to walmart to collect some essential items. I was stopped by another crazy gypsy woman outside walmart though. She smelled as offensive as she looked, musty cheese and yogurt assaulting my nose holes. She warned me of Them, those that would dare enter this world and take everything from us. Was she crazy? Or was I so blind as to ignore the warning signs when they first reared their cyclopean heads? We spoke for a short while longer, as long as I could tolerate a filthy, inbred gypsy, which worked out to be 30 seconds.

I did however buy a small trinket from her, in hopes that it may aid in warding off dangers. I wore it begrugingly on my Naruto shirt, but could feel the stares of strangers as I wore this small effogy proudly on my chest. I must have looked insane to those that did not understand. I did get a few thumbs up from those that wore similar idols. I nodded and smiled to those people, as they must be hunted, or at least once hunted, by the unspeakable and indescribable horror that currently persues me.

I returned home with enough supplies to last me about a week. I sit now in my basement fully aware ofits presence upstairs in the living room, howling and cackeling, perhaps at the very notion that it has trapped me down here. I will have to do something drastic soon, lest I be driven mad.

>check inventory

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

katlington posted:

>check inventory

14 large bottles of mountain dew, three bags of cheetohs, 7 bags of doritos, 1 case of dr pepper, three extra large bags of M&M's and a bottle of orange juice (so I don't get scurvy). Should be enough to make it through the first half of the week.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

>examine spellbook

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Seasonal Candles posted:

He was a gigantic pussy so scared of the world that even a frickin type of geometry was terrifying to him

Yeah, that was pretty disappointing. One day I got to wondering what exactly non-euclidean geometry might be, so I googled it.

Oh. :geno:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Go read Charles Stross' Laundry series of book for information on how to deal with Lovecraftian monstrosities and technology.
The first thing you'll need to do is download the Scorpion Stare app for your phone.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

ghlbtsk posted:

op is a fhtagn

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Go read Charles Stross' Laundry series of book for information on how to deal with Lovecraftian monstrosities and technology.
The first thing you'll need to do is download the Scorpion Stare app for your phone.

A picture of op's mom will suffice

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

2 chapters into the atrocity archives, theres a lot of internet memes

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a hole-y ghost posted:

this is what lovecraft was warning us about

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Official Update #3

I heard some screams coming from my mothers bed room not long ago. I ventured out of my basement in fear the beast had turned on her. I was correct in my assumption as I flung open the door. What I witnessed would shatter the sanity of a normal man, but as we all know, I am far from normal. I saw the beast, pinning my mother to the bed. It must have been trying to eat her as he was ihis true form, without any clothing on. His mouth must be located somewhere where our stomachs would be, as he was continuously thrusting it her. He was covered with a thin layer of what I can only imagine as mucous. His snail like feature bobbing around as it ate.

I fled the room, for there is little I could do for mother. Assuming she wasn't already dead, she would be forced to be a legless freak who I would be forced to look after, truly a fate worse than death. I also think this beast has stolen my mothers phone and has been texting me for hours. I have fled to a public Library to post this in safety. The inhabitants of this place are strange. One man even ate rancid meat out the trunk of his car like it was nothing. I am scared and alone, so I might chance returning home soon. I may be able to make it to my basement, or as I have recently dubbed it "haeven", before the beast can snatch me.

This could very well be my last post. It was nice knowing you guys.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i really prefer Arkham Horror over Eldritch. they say the game mechanics are "more refined", but i say that is just an excuse to remove half of the components in the base game, and stick them in expansions. you get a lot more game for your money when you buy Arkham, just my two cents

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

katlington posted:

2 chapters into the atrocity archives, theres a lot of internet memes

I suspect Charles Stross is a goon.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

I suspect Charles Stross is a goon.

Okay, no. I can't read a book by this man.

Jim Butcher is a giant loving nerd and his wizard can't shut up about Star Wars for five seconds, but this is too far.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Jim Butcher is p cool though. I met him once and he was chill and funny.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
lmao no u arent

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Try assaulting the beast with salt from the Dead Sea. The mystic resonance might be enough to destroy it. Sorry about your mom.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Peztopiary posted:

Try assaulting the beast with salt from the Dead Sea. The mystic resonance might be enough to destroy it. Sorry about your mom.

Do they sell that at walmart?

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Sometimes. If you can find sea salt you're set.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

you can make your own sea salt using regular table salt and any home aquarium

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

katlington posted:

you can make your own sea salt using regular table salt and any home aquarium

This sounds like something I can manage. Do I need to have fish in there?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Iä gay

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jukeboxblues posted:

This sounds like something I can manage. Do I need to have fish in there?

no, take any fish out first :eng101:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i 5vd this thred. the op was solid. good jokes

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Minor update

I poured a whole container of salt into the aquatium as walmart were fresh out of sea salt. Is the salt suppose to vanish and leave the water all murkey? I was freaking out for a bit. :ohdear:

Additionally the beast is gone for now. He also reserrected my mother somehow. I suspect it is to spy on me. She keeps talking about him and how he is going to be a big part of our lives. I believe she is now fully under his control and the only way to save her is to slay this monster. She said he is coming over for dinner again tomorrow night, so I will have to have my master plan ready by then. Anyone know how long the transmutation takes with this salt?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

it should be good to go! just strain out the salt and bob's your uncle

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Stay away from corners, in fact move into a cylindrical house if you can.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I am not being pursued by dogs but I do appreciate the advice.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Say Nothing posted:

Stay away from corners, in fact move into a cylindrical house if you can.

Didn't we already cover the whole 'non-euclidean' geometry thing? How can you hang a portrait on the inside of a cylinder? You'll end up dead or insane before you manage it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Jukeboxblues posted:

I am not being pursued by dogs but I do appreciate the advice.

Between this and the crippling fear of black people, this is a very well-researched thread. Authentically Lovecraftian. Too many people just wing it with "nameless babbling horrors!" and tentacle monsters, but you've done your homework!

• Locked thread