Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak +3, Danger +1, Savior 0 Superior 0, Mundane -1

My own lab... words cannot describe how much I've been looking forward to this when Dr. Payne told me I'd be getting one. I mean, my situation is kinda lovely, but it did come with a superpower. It just needs a lot more thinking and tinkering than most other powers... but that also means it's harder to predict. So, in other words, right up my alley. And, considering my power actually gives me an 'biological overview' of the insect I'm, uh, inspecting, I've been able to come up with some ideas...

Besides, this also gives me something to do that isn't dying from boredom or keeping the rest of the team from having a normal life. ... well, poo poo now I'm already in a bad mood again.

But anyway, not only did I get a lab, I also got permission to request insects at my leisure. Which... is kind of amazing. Right now, I've got a little breeding ground for Darwin's Bark spiders set up. With just a little bit of time, I should be able to improve the costumes of the others a lot. if I got this correct, I should be able to make bulletproof clothing that is nowhere as heavy as kevlar. According to online sources, anyway...

And, other than that? One of nature's lovely inventions, Paraponera clavata. Bullet ants. A single sting of those is usually enough to incapacitate a normal human being. In situations that require it, these should prove incredibly useful. Especially since I can have wasps or whatever give them an airlift.

But, eh, all of this will take time. I guess I could hang out a bit with Mongoose a bit. Both her and I will probably need armored costumes first. Might as well go ask her for the measurements while I'm at it.

Turning my computer (specially made, of course. Wouldn't want it constantly being damaged by tiny parts of my chitin getting into the inner workings or whatever...) off, I shut off the lights in my room. Looking around just reminds me that my night vision is actually pretty drat good. Which is interesting, considering quite a few of insects have bad eyesight, right? It actually gets me thinking, what creepy crawly am I actually supposed to go after? I mean, I can climb a wall like a spider can, but those got lovely eyesight. And no chitin armor. Hm... maybe it's not styled after an actually existing bug. Oh well.

Anyway, time to get out of this lab and go meet up with Mongoose. As I ascend the stairs from the basement, I'm beginning to wonder if putting my lab in the basement was just a coincidence or if Dr. Payne's idea of humor. Oh well...

Now that I'm in the hallways, I realize just how empty this place ISN'T. She thinks my insects are the only ones in here, but there are so many places they're hiding. Like, in the wall, below the computer rooms desks, hell, there's even like 3 different spiders hanging out in her room right now! But, eh. I'm not about to tell her that. She'd probably just make me do pest control in my spare time, and screw that. I've got my own stuff to do.

Finally arriving at her place, I knock on the door. As I do, I wonder why she didn't just put our rooms closer together. Some sort of safety distance, maybe? I mean, my power doesn't really do collateral damage all that much, but I guess I'm glad there's a lot of, you know, building between me and Aurora.

quote:

[
Name: Lurker / Natalie Jäger
Look: Female, White, Chitinous Flesh, No Costume, Insect Eyes
Mask: The Transformed
Abilities: Plant Insect Affinity, Superhuman Senses (See, hear and feel through controlled insects)

Stats:

Moves:
Not Human Enough: When you directly engage a threat in a terrifying fashion, mark a condition to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

Coming for you: When you mark a condition, Take +1 forward against the person you most blame for causing it.

Be the Monster: When you frighten, intimidate, or cow others with your monstrous form, roll +Freak. On a hit, they are thrown off and make themselves vulnerable to you, or they flee. On a 10+, choose 1. On a 7-9, choose 2.
- You frighten others you had not intended to scare.
- You hurt someone or break something you shouldn't have.
- You feel like more of a monster afterward; mark a condition (GM's choice).

On a miss, they react with violence, hatred, and paranoia, and you suffer the brunt of it.

We drew attention and ire from plenty during the fight. One important person in particular now hates and fears us. Who is it?

Relationships
___________________ comforted you when you were at your lowest.
___________________ knew you before you changed.

Influence
You try not to care what other people think, even if it isn't going too well. Give Influence to one teammate.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Morning. You look... distinctively awake. Been up for a while too, huh? I've been in the lab for like two hours already. I just don't seem to need as much sleep anymore, which I guess is kind of nice... ... Oh, that's really cool! You know, I like company here. It's not like I can go for a walk without causing a public panic. Eh, whatever. Want to check out the lab Dr. Payne provided for me? I'm actually working on something cool. Going to need your measurements for that though. Or I guess we could eat breakfast?"

Man, I'm always so... energized? I guess? when talking to Aasimah. I guess I'm just super excited to still have a friend at this point.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"I'm... still not sure, to be honest. I mean Nat works but it also feels like lying to myself. I just feel like... I dunno, like ... I guess like the old me is just... gone. Eh, before I ruin the mood again... I really like the Institute. But I guess I'm just really biased. I mean, I'm the only one of the group which can't just go into the public freely. And Dr. Payne even got me a lab and is supplying me. Frankly I don't think I'm the right person to ask that."

Having arrived at the lab, I walk towards my little spider pen and inspect their progress.

"See those spiders? Those are Darwin's Bark spiders. Their silk is stronger than steel while being much lighter. Should even be bulletproof! I'm currently working on making armored costumes for you girls... and guy, I guess. So I figured, the two of us probably need one of these first, but who'd need one after that? Aurora?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Haha, yeah."

After a moment of stunned silence, I reply.

"And, uh, how do you intend to do that without causing a mass panic? There are waaay too many people for me not to get noticed. Just take someone else..."

Ugh, seems like the insects are acting up because of my mood again. Oh, great. Come on, calm down, ladies, stop skreeing!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 10, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Location: Prometheus Institute | Potential: 0 | Conditions: Afraid

"I... I really don't think this is a good idea... I mean, won't they recognize me from the battle? ... But, fine, I guess. Have it your way. But if this goes wrong, I'll make sure everyone knows it's your fault. Because I seriously do not agree with this."

Rejecting Influence (Mongoose): 2d6 6

Marking the condition Afraid.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 10, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I had continued to work on my little pet project until she returned. And once again she doesn't seem to think very far ahead at all...

"Yeah, sure, let's freak out even more people than we're already doing. No, thanks I'll take the cab..."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

'Oh, jolly. Two different prejudices at once. You sure are a model citizen of America, boy... ... gently caress all of this. I really should have just never come here... Not only did the obvious happen, I also dragged Mongoose into my own problems just by being here... I... I gotta get out of here. Before this situation gets even worse...' Lurker thinks to herself. Without responding to the idiotic boy, she just turns right towards the exit again and runs away, until she's somewhere out of sight and alone.

Not-so-bravely running away. This should clear afraid at the end of this scene I guess?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

The beeping on the phone is welcome distraction. Talos. The immortal warlord that seems to have a beef with Astraea. ... Hey, he's immortal right? Nobody will mind if I let out my frustration on him...

Is this the end of a scene for the purpose of clearing afraid?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Well, that was... certainly a light show. Granted light shows usually don't blow up an entire building but... still. And of course there's a loving news crew, completely incapable of comprehending the danger to their own lives. ... 'I sure wish this wasn't as common as it seems to be...' Lurker thinks to herself. Also there's the fact that she's freaking terrified of Talos right now, despite her earlier intention of letting her anger out on him... Up close he's just so... imposing.

A solid wall of swarming insects blocks off the news reporters from the battle (also covering their lenses with insect bodies so they can't actually film anything), and most importantly keeps Talos unable to see them. Lurker steps through it, the insects part to make way for her.

"Please leave. This is too dangerous for you to remain this close. Don't worry, we are here to protect you." she tells them. It would probably have more of an impact if she wasn't shaking from fear, but... maybe it works?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 12, 2016

• Locked thread