Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

I reverse GISed it and he's apparently the cartoonist from some paper in Arizona. So yeah, you're probably right.

Steve Benson is the political cartoonist for the Arizona Republic. Typically his cartoons attack the right-wing nutjobs that run rampant here. This cartoon was a surprise. Now I'm wondering if he was trying to say that while Bowie was of our time, his voice and music are timeless??

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

Young Americans had both Luther Vandross and John Lennon as backup singers, and now they're dead.

Under Pressure was a duet with Freddie Mercury, and now he's dead.

Let's Dance had Stevie Ray Vaughan on guitar, and now he's dead.

Now Bowie's dead. COINCIDENCE?!? probably.

Cartouche posted:

You left out Bing Crosby.

And Klaus Nomi.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Master Twig posted:

So I see Don Henley died. That's a bummer. Didn't see a thread for him, so I figured this one would do.

Joe Walsh, dipshit.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

Which musician will be repossessed next?

Dale Griffin of Mott The Hoople and Mic Gillette of Tower Of Power. Lesser known, to be sure, but still, this has been a bad week for rock n roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

Which musician will be repossessed next?

Bernie Worrell is in a bad way. https://www.youcaring.com/bernie-worell-501298

• Locked thread