Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

The saga of The Indigo Galleon continues. Will the elusive ship finally make it's appearence?

Just two short days ago you were heading to a bar for some well deserved relaxation. Then Lomon, the man just released from eons long imprisonment, had a total freakout. "Why is that thing still there?! It was supposed to be just a temporary fix!"
"Can't we just go get those drinks? Just what's your problem old man?" Said the reader stand-in. To which Lomon responded by pointing his finger to the horizon and hollering out:

"That is the problem! Up there, on the mountain! Its a pressure valve. We found out that the mountain is a volcano about to blow up so we built a valve to let out the pressure in a controlled manner!"
"That's cool. So why is it keeping us from those drinks?"
"It was just a quickfix! It wasn't meant to last for decades, let alone centuries! And look! There's no smoke coming out of it, that means its plugged! That thing could blow up any minut-"

The sky was covered in pitch black volcanic ash within minutes. The smoke blocked out the sun almost entirely causing temperature to plummet and the weather to get crazy. According to Lomon this isn't a temporary thing, if nothing is done then everything within wide radius of the mountain will quickly become uninhabitable wasteland. Everyone will die. He then agreed to go for a drink.

Getting far, far away from here is the sanest option, altough there is also something else you could do. Lomon believes that the Vent Tower can still be fixed. It should be simple if someone just got in there. He also believes that it must have been abandoned in a hurry, so all sorts of ancient treasure and work equipment should still be there just waiting to be looted. Whichever you choose, the route would take you close to the mountain. Its the fastest way to safer lands. So you set off towards the mountain. Lomon didn't come. He was way too drunk, but he did say he'd certainly see you again if you don't die on your trek. He then disappeared without a trace through magical teleportation. That, or possibly he just fell under the bar table.

--

Its been two days since then and you are lost. Yesterday it started snowing and it just hasn't stopped since then, making it impossible to see even the towering mountain. You are currently trudging through knee deep snow with only a vague sense of where you are going. You could wait for the snowstorm to settle down a bit but the air is getting colder. Very much so. Freezing to death is a real possibility. You'll most likely need to find some sort of shelter and soon.

Isn't that convenient. There's a mystery house. Too bad there's a wide, icy river between you and it. Some huge chunks of ice float along its surface.

"GOOOOOOAAAAARHHH"

And from behind you comes another one of those. Its not the first one you've seen. They are mostly humanoid and huge. You estimate that if one would stand straight on it's hind legs it'd be twice as tall as a human. They are seemingly unbothered by the cold and they are out for your blood.

The only other thing that's obviously visible is what seems like a forest little further away. Its not that distant, but in this weather even a short trek is made long.

Neram:
Do you have your Ornithopter with you? If so I'd assume you are flying it. Can it carry a passanger in addition to the pilot? (I'm not sure since I don't have Mounted Combat.) If you are flying it you could use it to scout a wider area if you get higher. However that would be extremely risky in this weather. What particular thing you hope you could locate?

Aziza:
How did you and Rory meet the others? Was it back in town or in this frozen wasteland? Also, killing Rory & Co might be called off but there was one unrelated person you were also after in this region. Who is it, what remarkable thing did they do to earn the emperor's wrath?

Desiderio:
Why are these monsters trying to kill all of you? It must be something the group did recently.

Sammi:
Back in Golar Han, when the Vent Tower failed Lomon said he could see a certain piece of it fly off and fall somewhere around here. (He didn't even use a telescope or anything. He just stared really intensely. It was kinda creepy.) He said that if you came across the piece it would both help and endanger you. What is it, and what are the risk and reward involved?

Rory:
Aziza was sent here to collect the bounties on your heads. She might have given up on that but she mentioned another bounty hunter that also took the job. Someone you know of, real tricky one. Someone who wouldn't let even what seems like the end of the world to deter them. Who is it, and what makes them real dangerous?

Also everyone:
Do you personally think its a better idea to just leave this catastrophe zone or do you want to risk it in the Vent Tower?

Also, what do you do?

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; On snow plains, Feeling cold, (flying?)
Aziza------: HP: 19/19 Armor: 0; On snow plains, Feeling cold
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; On snow plains, Feeling cold
Rory--------: HP: 27/27 Armor: 1; On snow plains, Feeling cold(just a little)
Sammi-----: HP: 23/23 Armor: 0; On snow plains, Feeling cold
Please check that I've got your numbers correct. Also please keep including your info in your post headers, I'll just compile them in my posts for convenience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
I've not use this header in forever.

Rory Watchtower
HP: 27/27 Armor: 1 XP: 8/10

"Look, more of them are showing up to party!" The giant man said. His own return was much more welcome than that of these creatures. The last time they fell upon the group he'd beat them off with a fallen tree, though no one doubted Rory pulling a fresh one from the ground. Rory's personality was mostly unchanged since his departure from the group before, though he looks different now, more majestic, as though his divinity was starting to shine.

On the other hand, his armor looked more worn than ever, it actually looked tired, if you could say that about a suit of armor. Likewise, Rory's helmet now has a large crack running through the steel right above his left eye and running upwards over his head. Parts of the crack were hastily mended back together and the ostentatious horn on the left side was similarly broken off. Despite everything, Rory still had his signature sword, though it had many more miles on it, and he now had an over-sized, though somehow fitting for Rory, gauntlet on his left arm. It was scrawled with runes and his right gauntlet, still normal, was modified to have a matching set of runes on it as well. It looked like the right side was done recently, perhaps the work of a skill artificer, while the left side looked ancient.

"I've got this one." he bellowed, turning around to face the oncoming nightmare, flexing his hands as though he were grappling with a sparing opponent. The fight refused to leave Rory's eyes, he was always ready for the next challenge. When the opportunity to climb into a volcano arose to nab a bunch of treasure, he was all over the idea. It also helped that Rory came to the area looking for one of the gravestones of Tovarish. He had many times viewed the map of gravestones and there was definitely one in this area, though it was not marked with a grand circle as some of the other ones he'd been to had. He absently looked at the ancient gauntlet as he remembered his visit to the desert spire. It had looked so much like the Watchtower did in his memory, though it seemed smaller by comparison.

As the others continued on, Rory turned and lumbered at the nightmare creature stalking them in the dark. Completely undeterred, he slammed into the creature, nearly bare handed and bashing at it with his gauntlet-clad fist.

Hack and Slash "wiv ma fists!": 2d6+3 8
Damage; hand, blunt: 1d8 6
just gonna bash it up to start.

Jvie posted:

Rory:
Aziza was sent here to collect the bounties on your heads. She might have given up on that but she mentioned another bounty hunter that also took the job. Someone you know of, real tricky one. Someone who wouldn't let even what seems like the end of the world to deter them. Who is it, and what makes them real dangerous?

I'm going to need a moment to think of something, my first thoughts were to someone we used to know...

Teonis fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 13, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Aziza
HP: 19/19 | Armor: 0 | XP: 0/8

pre-emptively calling a Shapeshift, not rolling it because I'm changing back first thing, this is just flavor.

Sweat. Fear. Ash. Blood. Each scent and hundreds more stand out like signal fires on a dark night. The wolf trudges back and forth following scents when the monster attacks. In an instant the wolf turns and charges full bore at the monster, between one step and the next the wolf's dark fur gives way to darker curls, only the eyes stay the same. With literal magic, clothing, knapsack, and weaponry appear from thin air.

I launch myself up the side of a rock pile, flinging myself at the beast in a fury.
Hack & Slash 13
choosing to add +1d6 damage
damage 4 2 piercing

quote:

How did you and Rory meet the others? Was it back in town or in this frozen wasteland? Also, killing Rory & Co might be called off but there was one unrelated person you were also after in this region. Who is it, what remarkable thing did they do to earn the emperor's wrath?

a. After meeting Rory, we stayed on in Golar Han for a little while, he'd spread the description of Sammi and Luca around, and we were chasing down leads. The spirits got real anxious the night before we actually met them. It felt like my vision, like the wolf almost caught the rabbit. So then the big guy and I are grabbing some food the next day, and who should walk right into the same fuckin bar...

b. I was also on the trail of one of the emperor's elite assassins who had gone rogue. I don't know what he did exactly, don't much care, but let's say key members of the senate are dead or missing and the price on him would put me up in Virtue's fanciest hotel with all the luxuries for a couple years.
How could I say no to that?

c. The spirits of this place are shrieking in agony, every fiber of my being is telling me to tend The Mother's wounds, but The World Spirits have given me my order, I am to protect the rabbi-uh erm, Sammi from what is pursuing her. So wherever Sammi goes, I will stand beside her. This disaster is a horror, but it pales before what would happen if Sammi were captured.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 13, 2016

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Neram Katikeram
HP: 17/17 | Armor: 1/1 | Load 2/7 | XP: 6/10 | Tick Tock | Give Me A Moment: Hold-1

Jvie posted:

Neram:
Do you have your Ornithopter with you? If so I'd assume you are flying it. Can it carry a passanger in addition to the pilot? (I'm not sure since I don't have Mounted Combat.) If you are flying it you could use it to scout a wider area if you get higher. However that would be extremely risky in this weather. What particular thing you hope you could locate?

Neram holds steady to the Ornithopter's controls, as he sits in the pilot's seat - still wearing his suit - Sammi behind him in the passenger seat. "Brace yourself, I doubt this will be comfortable." remarks the ancient figure clad in a suit of technomagical armour as he adjusts the throttle, causing its spinning blades to move faster and faster, and for the craft to ascend higher up. Being all too aware of the impending danger to his comrades below, the old man would see if he can find an easier way for them to cross the river, even if the beast was defeated, it would be far too cold for them to swim. Perhaps they might be able to make it across acrobatically via the large chunks of ice, but that would be daring and stupid.

Neram concentrated on all the myriad controls that lay in front of him, as well as the environment around him, sensing and preempting the flows of air and the conditions of blinding snow, and attempting to combine the various details, as well as the possible actions he could take in order to manoeuvre the craft in a survivable manner, while being able to take advantage of the view, the myriad details racing through his mind.

Defy Danger (Intelligence): 2d6+3 10

Jvie posted:

Also everyone:
Do you personally think its a better idea to just leave this catastrophe zone or do you want to risk it in the Vent Tower?

The ramifications of Vent Tower undergoing its final stage would put us on a... dark time line. It would be better for everyone that it be prevented.

For reference:
pre:
Ornithopter
A one-man flying vehicle, to be piloted with great precision and a whole lot of panic.
Large, Control +1, Flying, Vehicle, 1 Passengers

Whoah! (Pilot Move)
When you Defy Danger to escape certain death while in an Ornithopter, add the Ornithopter’s 
Control stat to your roll.

Observer Seat (Passenger Move)
When you Discern Realities while riding high in an Ornithopter, add the Ornithopter’s Control stat to your roll.

Light Ride
An Ornithopter cannot carry cargo beyond the regular weight its occupants can carry. It cannot be equipped with 
further equipment aside from a very light weapon mount.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Desiderio of the Antipodes!
HP: 22/22 | Armor: 2 | XP: 5/10 | Handsome

quote:

Why are these monsters trying to kill all of you? It must be something the group did recently.

Desiderio groaned at the monster's roar, and turned, yet again, to charge it, a blade in each hand.

Desiderio (of the Antipodes, yes, you've heard of him, surely) was never one to shy away from a fray, and especially not when it came down to monstrous creatures, abominations upon the earth, &c. It was just that there was always another one of them, and it was getting repetitive. Surprisingly enough though, their appearance wasn't his fault. As it turned out, it was his father's.

The Mad Warlock, by virtue of his profession (to wit: diabolism), had a very complicated web of debts owed and favours accrued with various infernal lords and factions. The Lords of the Pit were understandably anxious by his unexplained disappearance, as were the Mad Warlock to finally (and provably) die, a cascading sequence of obligations and oaths would would wreak havoc in the society of the Lower Planes. With the world to all appearances ending, this anxiety was ratcheted up to positive terror. As such, they had dispatched their agents to track down anyone who might be able to tell them where Desiderio's father had gone.

Desiderio had, of course, told them that he didn't know. Unfortunately, the demons being lies made flesh, they were unable to bring themselves to accept a simple truth, offered freely. As their insistence grew, so too did the violence of their methods. Add to this the rude reception they received from Rory and Aziza when asked whether they knew where the Mad Warlock was, and, well, you got a group of demonic agents with their boney noses put seriously out of joint.

As the snow and ash crunched beneath his boots and he closed with the monster, dodging around Rory and Aziza, he wondered if perhaps it was the weather that was dampening his normally sunny demeanour. Ever since the Vent Tower had burst, creating the apocalyptic weather they were suffering though, he had felt a bit down at the mouth. It was just so dreary and grey. He had been a vocal supporter of Katikeram's plan to enter the Tower and try to do something about it. The concept of a grand quest was, he hoped, something that would lift his spirits.

Lunging over Aziza's flashing spear, his own blades cut and pulled at the howling pit-monster.

Hack and Slash: 2d6+2 7

Damage: 1d8+1d4 10

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 13, 2016

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

The fiend from below accelerates to a mad gallop. The snow makes it hard to see. Rory can barely make out it's awkwardly sized limbs flaying around, closer and closer, and hear it's heavy breathing, ever louder. Finally you crash into each other. It feels kinda like running to a stone wall. You aren't really feeling steady afterwards but neither is it, and you easily get a chokehold on it and start hammering on it's head. Huge cracks appear on it's skull with each blow, by the third one the head caves in a bit and black goo bursts from it's eyesockets. However before you can finish the job it throws it's head back, wrenching itself quite painfully free of your hold, and smashes it's elbow to your side.

Rory takes: 1d10+3-1 12 damage.

You can use Sally to protect you here with her Sentry ability retroactively just this once. See OOC thread. It would reduce that to 9 damage at the cost of 1 Voice.

Just then Aziza lands spear first onto the creature's shoulder. Her blade goes deep into it's torso, causing it to fall down onto it's knees and elbows. It quickly raises a hand to her, but quicker than that Desiderio slices it's throat open. A gush of black goo spills from the wound, and the creature weakly smashes it's raised arm down in Desiderio's direction, throwing Aziza off it's back violently into the snow. It misses him by a wide margin, but the motion brought it's broken face right in front of Desiderio. It's jaw falls slack, and from the dark void within echoes a scream of deep pain and a horrible stench. You feel something pass through you.

Desiderio takes a debility of his choice.

Aziza takes: 1d10+3 13 damage. What are the odds?

Then its over. The fiend collapses before your eyes. Its dead. The thing's flesh melts into bubbling black goo before your eyes, melting a patch of snow and leaving behind a steaming pile of bones from several different creatures. One of them catches your attention. It's a human femur and its glowing. Glowing usually means magic. Another sound pierces the screeching of the wind, sounds like the scream of another one of these. Its still far away but it probably heard this one dying. The snowstorm is getting stronger so you can't tell where its coming from.

Meanwhile up in the air Neram brings his craft higher up. You manage to dodge the worst of the horrible weather, and the ornithopter remains in your control even though ice is building up in the machinery. From up here you can see an iced over section of the river a little further downstream. It should be thick enough to support people since you can see two shapes moving across it, smaller than the one the others are fighting. You can't tell what exactly but there's definitely something living there. Then a very strong gust of wind hits you, no dodging that one, the weather up here is even nastier than down below. You could see any approaching threats from up here but the ornithopter will very soon ice over unless you get closer to the ground. Will you do so? If you do, what area are you going to approach?

Everyone:
A particularly cold gust of wind smashes into you. Unless you find some sort of warmth the cold is very soon going to start impairing your ability to act. Also, people on the ground, feel free to act on the info about the ice bridge. Neram & Sammi would obviously inform you, or you might just guess that there is one. You don't need to wait for Infinite Oregano and Arashiofordo3 post to justify knowing it.

What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; High up, Piloting, Very cold
Aziza------: HP: 6/19 Armor: 0; On snow plains, Very cold
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; On snow plains, Handsome, Very cold
Rory--------: HP: 15/27(?) Armor: 1; On snow plains, Very cold(starting to feel it)
Sally-------: Voice 3/3(?) On snow plains, Very cold
Sammi-----: HP: 23/23 Armor: 0; High up, Very cold

Jvie fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 14, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Aziza
HP: 6/19 | Armor: 0 | Shape: 1 | XP: 1/8

Normally I'm all for picking up potentially valuable trinkets, but glowing femurs found in the boiling wreckage of a hellbeast!? No. Just noooooooo.
"Everyone! follow me!" I shout over the gusting winds.
With that I call upon the World Spirits once more, my body giving way like smoke on the wind and revealing a Raven.
Shapeshift 5 +xp
The Raven takes flight unevenly in the high winds, making a wide loop and coming back towards the scattered people, it squawks loudly. DANGER! COLD! FOLLOW! but the people are too dumb to listen. The Raven lands on the shoulder of the Big One, and Squawks again, as loud as it can, in the Big One's ear. FOLLOW ME OR DIE STUPID MAN-THING!
The Raven takes off once more, keeping close enough that it's black feathers might be seen and guide the others as it leads them to the ice bridge and away from the stinky-dead thing.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 14, 2016

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Rory Watchtower
HP: 18/27 Armor: 1 XP: 8/10

As Rory and the beast wrestled, a sharp whistle cut through the air like a blade. Snow was blasted aside by an unnatural wind just as the nightmare wrestled control form Rory and jabbed at him with a sharp, bony elbow. The whistling sound struck the thing's arm sending its blow just off course enough to reduce the impact into Rory's stomach. As the others piled in to finish off the beast, Rory looked up to and gave a sideways grin to his long time companion, "Thanks, love." He said to her, the thing melting into goo behind him.

He ran back to Sally's side in the snow and scooped her up in his arms, where she hugged into his massive body for warmth. If only her sister were here, Lucy would call forth a flame to repel the forces of cold. Instead, she settled for the warmth of the great northern warrior, and her partner.

During their travels, Sally had continued as promised to record the glory and exploits of Rory, the next god of war, as he walked in the footsteps of Tovarish himself. Just as his legend grew, their companionship did as well, Sally found herself drawn more and more into the giant's story, a participant as well as the writer. In return, Rory never disappointed, battering his way into the legends with brute force and incredible acts of strength and bravery. On some empty pages, she'd already begun compiling his story. Though it was rough and far from completion, it already shone with stories that rivaled heroes of the past, and what was even more amazing was her involvement in the story. She was no longer just a skald, but his companion, too.

Rory grinned at the woman in his arms, her cheeks were burning red and he liked to believe it was from his surrounding her and not from the frigid cold. Speaking of which, it seemed like this blizzard was taking an ugly turn, now even the great northman himself was beginning to feel the sting of frost. "Hang tight to me, Sally-girl," he said, teasing her with a pet name, "Looks like there is shelter ahead for us to warm each other in."

SQUAWK!

His doting on her was interrupted by a strange out of place raven. SQUAWK, it shrieked again.

"The hells you want, bird-brain?"

But as it landed bravely on his shoulder, it rudely delivered its message again. FOLLOW ME OR DIE STUPID MAN-THING!

By Amalia-in-the-sea. Was this damned thing that shape-changer again? "You've got to stop with the animal thing before I roast you on a spit, half-pint! Why don't you blow off somewhere? I'm sure you'd live quite nicely as a snow-bunny or something." Ignoring the bird-brained druid. Rory continued running with the others towards the river. He could see up ahead that the clockwork-man was flying his deathtrap directly towards an ice bridge that had frozen of the top of the icy waters. Not necessarily the safest way across, living in the north taught you to never trust ice over moving water. If it turned out too dangerous, he'd have to make his own way across.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG
HP: 23/23 | XP 4/11 | Imagination: 0

Sammi huddled into her fur cloak deeper, her gloved hands holding tightly to the copter's frame as the winds howled around them. The fight below was over before she could chip in. Probably for the best. Even with Cog's power at this hight she wouldn't want to risk firing on a wrestling match between Rory and whatever the hell that thing was. Magical most definitely. She watched as Rory embraced Sally with a slight pang of jealousy. Not for ether of them specifically, more for what they had with each other. She wanted someone who would hold her tightly and warm her in this awful blizzard.

It had mostly started one time they'd all been staying in the same inn. Somehow everyone else had managed to sleep through the incredible sound of Rory and Sally's night time adventures. Sammi, having thought there was some kind of attack going on from the noises Sally had been making had brought out Cog and together they'd looked through the thermal imaging setting of her Monstrous eyes...

Sammi now slept with earplugs tuned to filter out those sounds, and faced away from their wall. Gods, even now the thought of it made her dreadfully embarrassed. She hadn't been able to look eather of them in the eye. Not that she'd done much of that to start with. At least now her cheeks were glowing enough to ward off the biting winds. Hell if she got any redder she could use her face as a beacon for the party down below! Haha, ha, haaaa...

She brought her attention back to the present as the winds made yet another attempt to dislodge her. She knew she'd be fine. Cog could fly after all. Though she was just as susceptable to cold, and her clothing was not exactly meant for dealing with this kind of weather. Too many holes, too short a skirt and an open back. She might as well plunge into the ice waters now and save nature the effort. Cog at least seemed to agree.

*// Oh gods it's cold! Can't you close that gap in the cloak?! //* Cog asked. It may have been Sammi's imagination, but she could have sworn she could hear her teeth chattering.

'Sorry, but I'd have to let go of the frame for that. I don't know how much longer we'd be in the air for after that. Not with the winds being what they are already... Sammi replied, adjusting her grip on the safety handles with numb fingers.

*// Ahhgh! Stupid mountain! Stupid snow! Stupid volcano! //* Cog cursed, Sammi could do little but agree.

At least they could look out for that vital piece of the mechanism.

It had been described as an Ethiric Capstone Converter Filter. Cog and Sammi had understood the principle almost immediately. The Volcano had been locked in a portal feedback loop. It had actually been erupting for centuries, getting reset again and again and again. The capstone took the energy of the explosion of titanic force and used it to power the reset mechanisms. Effectively, as long as the volcano kept erupting, the mechanism inside would rewind and reset as though nothing had ever happened. But time and heat get the best of everything. Especially the kind of heat that could melt stone. Slowly the eruption had started to melt through in spots, until the backwash of energy fired the converter out into the sky. If they could find it, they could potentially put it back in place. The problem being, that they would have to venture to the mouth of the beast, as that was where it's setting point was located. Presumably the mechanism was garded within a sealed environment safe from the usual heat. But they'd need to get in there first. Not only that, but the converter was charged with the energy of the eruption, but it had not been able to send it back into the system before being ejected. It was a bomb with the force of an eruption behind it. Sitting out there somewhere, waiting to be discovered.

If they could get their hands on it, then maybe they could convert it to another purpose. Maybe even cancel out the eruption, but that could have catastrophic effect on the surrounding lands. Huge earthquakes and the like. It was difficult to tell what they could do. Not until they could get up there and assess for themselves.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 14, 2016

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

quote:

"Hang tight to me, Sally-girl," he said, teasing her with a pet name, "Looks like there is shelter ahead for us to warm each other in."
Sally chuckles as you set off following the raven. "Just watch out for any more elbows big guy." Then suddenly the raven is gone. Something must have taken it down, but its not obvious where that something is.

Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the fact that The World Spirits are so dismayed by this place, but the result is that the raven didn't manage to react in time. One moment it(you) was soaring free, the next squeezed and trapped. Something then yanks you towards the ground with great speed. You smack into something, and feel fingers slam shut around you. The hand turns you around and you see, well you see something.

Namely enough teeth to fill your entire field of vision.

"Ss'wha? Just bird?" Your world starts spinning again as the thing throws you over it's shoulder. You land safely in the snow, thankfully without sinking in. You finally have a chance to think of what just happened. (As much as a raven can think anyway, but Aziza should probably remember this as well.) You are caught in a net, it's material is odd, very sticky. Moving your wings is out of the question but your feet are sticking out of the net and free. In front of you is the back of your captor, a figure about a head shorter than a human, clad from head to toe in thick robes and scarves full of very exotic looking patterns. Despite that it is shivering from cold. The only really inhuman feature you can see from down here is that in the place of it's right arm the creature has a long, bony tube sticking from it's shoulder, like a cannon. "gently caress." The tooth creep raises it's left hand up to it's maw. "Yeah D is here. ... Nah, dead already. loving pasted it. I said we needed more to grab him. ... Dunno. ... Yeah, great. Teleport it in. Location? Lemme see... maybeh..." The demon starts mumbling uncertainly and it's voice gets too quiet to hear from where you lay. Shifting your shape would end up in the net breaking. It would however cut deep into your skin before that. Maybe there's no need for that? You are still pretty close to the river and Desiderio and Rory saw the general direction you ended up in. They are however moving against the wind and have bad visibility. The demon is going to see them before they see it.

From far above Sammi and Neram see what looks like a person to emerge from the snow near Rory and Desiderio and seemingly shoot something in their direction, altough the raven is too small for you to really see that it was just captured. As you look down you also realize where you are, Lomon showed this place on the map, the Capstone must have fallen somewhere very close. It should be also leaking enough heat to not get covered by snow. One could certainly locate it if they had some more time to look around. Unfortunately you hear just now the characteristic chrunch of a jammed flight gyroscope. Unless something is done to defrost the ornithopter you must pick a spot and begin landing.

Aziza:
Here are the moves for Raven form:

quote:

Raven (Neither is applicable while you are in a net. Sorry.)
-Fly to a safe spot.
-Get up to someone's face and distract them from what they were doing.

Everyone:
Please declare what gear you are choosing. (See OOC thread.)
What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; High up, Piloting, Very cold
Aziza------: HP: 6/19 Armor: 0; By the tooth demon, Raven, trapped, Very cold
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; On snow plains, Handsome, Very cold
Rory--------: HP: 18/27 Armor: 1; Nearing ice bridge, About to be seen by the tooth demon, Very cold(starting to feel it)
Sammi-----: HP: 23/23 Armor: 0; High up, Very cold

Sally-------: Voice 2/3 with Rory, Slightly cold

Jvie fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 15, 2016

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Neram Katikeram
HP: 17/17 | Armor: 1/1 | Load 2/7 | XP: 6/10 | Tick Tock

Hmm. The strangeness occurring about the mount seem excessive, either there is a malefactor at work here who has orchestrated this, or the deleterious energies released by the mount have caused some kind of planar instability. Neither of which are a particularly welcome turn of events. Or it could be coincidence, being around these people definitely causes coincidences to occur far too often.

However such pondering will have to wait, as more pressing matters are at stake. The capstone should be nearby, and be an inviting target. Ordinarily it'd take a bit of time; but then again Neram has all the time in the world, as he reflexively released the last measure of temporal energy that he had clung to tenaciously previously, and gave himself the time needed to find something, before the contraption would start to suffer; and if he finds something useful enough (especially the capstone) he will attempt to land there.

Spending the last Hold from Give Me A Moment, using the You notice something you can use to your advantage. option:

pre:
Give Me A Moment
When you slow time to a crawl to give yourself a moment to react, spend 1-Tock and hold 2. You 
can spend 1-hold to do one of the following:
• You walk around - move somewhere within Reach of you.
• You notice something you can use to your advantage.
• Roll +INT to Defy Danger instead of what the GM tells you to roll.
For reference:
pre:
Ornithopter
A one-man flying vehicle, to be piloted with great precision and a whole lot of panic.

Whoah! (Pilot Move)
When you Defy Danger to escape certain death while in an Ornithopter, add the Ornithopter’s 

When you Discern Realities while riding high in an Ornithopter, add the Ornithopter’s Control stat to your roll.

Light Ride
An Ornithopter cannot carry cargo beyond the regular weight its occupants can carry. It cannot be equipped with 
OOC: Also taking a potion and bag of books

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Aziza
HP: 6/19 | Armor: 0 | Shape: 1 | XP: 1/8

I chose First Aid twice, so I have 4 uses for later

The tooth monster thing seems to think the Raven is only a bird. So Raven will act like a bird. It squawks and struggles, but a part of Raven uses it's sharp eyesight to scout for advantages.
Discern Realities 11
What is about to happen?
What should I be on the lookout for?
What here is useful or valuable to me?

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Sammi&Neram
The ornithopter is rapidly losing altitude, but from Neram's point of view the landscape is still enough for him to scan the area carefully. Surely enough you notice it. Past the river, past the house there's a snowless spot with steam rising from it. Your personal flow of time speeds back to normal and you aim the ornithopter at the site. Very soon you notice that something is already there. Three short figures in garishly colored thick clothing surround the device. Oh dear, one of them is kicking it. Its lucky to still have it's foot. As you approach they jerk their heads up and stare right at you. Each of them raises an... arm, at you? They look look weird. There's a flash and a loud crack followed by a hail of pellets striking the ornithopter. They are firing at you! Neither of you took any serious hits this time but your vehicle is a bit banged up, and the shots keep coming.

Aziza
"gently caress. Shaddap I'm thinking." Suprisingly the demon's words aren't aimed at the raven but rather at whoever its communicating with. By your squirming you've gotten to the demon's side and can see it's speaking into a black cube in it's hand. "Like, bit north of me, no south, wait, urg. I'll just write it in." Red symbols slide around the object's surface as the demon moves it's fingers over it. "loving piece of garbage."

What is about to happen?
From the sound of it the demon is about to have something teleported here to help it. Something stronger than the fiend you already killed.
What here is useful or valuable to me?
The cube. You could use it to tell the demon on the other end to send the reinforcements wherever you want. By observing this guy use it you've gotten the general idea of how to do it. It'll just take a small application of smarts.
You also notice something sunken in the snow right by you. A cylindrical copper colored container about a meter long with a carrying strap. This guy must have dropped it off his shoulder to aim properly. Its very fancy looking.
The other muscular demon. You haven't heard of it since you killed the first one, but it could arrive at any second. You can also see Neram's contraption descending. That means no one is currently in position to notice it before it is upon you.

While you squawk like an idiot perform reconnaissance Rory emerges from the blizzard. "gently caress!" The demon shoves the cube into a pocket, swings up it's gun arm and fires. It sounds more like a wet cough than a cannon.

Rory:
Something sticky suddenly wraps around you. A net? With your legs restrained you have little choice but to tumble over. Snow is thrown aside as you hit the ground, revealing treacherously slippery ice beneath. You roll down the incline towards the river with Sally still held in your tied arms. Its very romantic but also very uncomfortable for both of you. "Whooa!" You manage to stop just before falling in, just barely. Your legs are still on solid ground but everything up from that is on a precarious ice ledge over the river. The ice creaks worriesomely. Its about to break off the river bank. Getting back on solid ground without that happening would be tricky even without being tied up in a goopy net. You could certainly tear it apart but in this situation such movement would also break off the ice and send you floating down the river on it. By looking back in the direction you rolled down from, you can see the colorfully clad demon point it's gun arm at you.

Desiderio:
You can now clearly see the whole situation described above.

Not to scale.

What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; approaching capstone, under fire, piloting, very cold
Aziza------: HP: 6/19 Armor: 0; by the tooth demon, raven, trapped, very cold
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; on snow plains, handsome, very cold
Rory--------: HP: 18/27 Armor: 1; at river, trapped, very cold(starting to feel it)
Sammi-----: HP: 23/23 Armor: 0; approaching capstone, under fire, very cold

Sally-------: Voice 2/3 with Rory, trapped, Slightly cold

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

HP: 22/22 | Armor: 2 | XP: 5/10 | Handsome

As the demon's last breath past through it's cut throat and washed over Desiderio, he flinched back but not before he felt it pass through him.

where is he
tell us
is he alive
show us where he is

He squinted his eyes and then opened them wide, as if trying to clear his sinuses. He then blinked and slapped the heel of his hand to his temple, wincing, but the dismebodied voices kept whispering in the space between his ears.

you can't hide him
we'll find out
everyone talks

Desiderio shook his head briskly, but to no avail. He looked over to confer with Rory, but, alack and alas, he saw Rory and the toothsome Ms. Fir tumbling towards the river, enmeshed in some sort of net.

"Watchtower!" he shouted, his voice caught in the wind. He cursed silently, the words only audible to the voices whispering in his brain, and slung the grapnel at his belt at the bound pair underhand, dug his heels in and tried to pull them back.

There was, of course, the creature that shot them.

But one thing at a time.

you're such an rear end in a top hat

Defy Danger +STR: 2d6 7

Taking a debility to WIS.
Taking a potion and a first aid kit.
Marking 1-use of adventuring gear

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Aziza
HP: 6/19 | Armor: 0 | Shape: 0 | XP: 1/8

As the demon focuses on Rory. The Raven unleashes a Squawk that shifts into a scream of rage as I snap the netting, hitting the ground with a thud and just as rapidly gaining my feet, swinging my spear at the grotesque monster, and hoping the element of surprise is with me.
Hack & Slash 10
avoiding their attack
damage 6 2 piercing

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Neram Katikeram
HP: 17/17 | Armor: 1/1 | Load 2/7 | XP: 6/10 | Tock Tock

Neram did not appreciate the sudden presence of attackers, continuing to fight them in the air would likely leave him and Sammi at a disadvantage, since they appeared to have ranged weaponry. "Hold on. I'm... not sure what this will happen to you from your perspective. Try not to vomit." he uttered as he adjusted his helmet, and concentrated, grounding temporal potential throughout the frame of the ornithopter.

Spending one tick for one tock to Time Skip, himself, his machine (and Sammi), to land immediately.

pre:
You can spend 1-Tick to do one of the following:
• Fast Forward: When you or an ally are waiting for something to happen, it happens immediately. 
• Time Skip: Move yourself anywhere you could get to by mundane means within Near range. You get 
there in an instant.
So Neram found himself once more in the lurid proto-realm of possible futures, pushing temporal potential in order to force himself forward, however slightly. Pushing through the shades of maybes and maynots, he navigated the ornithopter down to the future-position it could hold on the ground, all the while ignoring the other shades that were not immediately important, this 'realm' required focus and drive, or the potential would be lost and you would end up skipping less time than you anticipated. In particular, Neram chooses a spot adjacent to the house, providing cover against the attackers, so that Sammi and Neram can decide on the future course.

Then normal time resumes, from everyone else's perspective Neram and the ornithopter suddenly appear on the ground, stopped. Or to those that cannot see them: They vanished.,

Climbing from the ornithopter, Neram surveyed his immediate surroundings, he disliked having to suddenly drop blindly, but needs' must.

Though the thought occurs: What did Sammi see, if anything?

For reference:
pre:
Ornithopter

Whoah! (Pilot Move)

Light Ride

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG
HP: 23/23 | XP 4/11 | Imagination: 0

Holy gods! WHEN DID WE GET ON THE GROUND! WHERE DID THIS HOLE COME FROM IN MY CLOAK?!!! Cog? What happened?!

*// I... you don't what to know... anyway! Bad guys! Left, over there next to the steam cloud! //*

-'O-Oh, you're right! Wha- what do I-I-? S-Sorry, stupid question.'- Sammi thought in reply. Channeling the Wyrd, consuming it's power. Calling for the strength born from her magic. Calling for Cog.

- - -
My Closest Friend +INT: 2d6+3 6
+1XP
1 Imagination Held. Cog is slow to wake.
Over active Imagination: Near
- - -

But the cold wasn't just affecting Sammi. Even her powers seemed frozen as Cog struggled to pull herself into the real world with a groan.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Aziza:
The net cuts into your skin painfully but finally breaks as you assume your normal form.

Aziza takes: 1d6 1 damage.

The demon barely has time to notice anything before your spear smashes against it's head. A few spiky teeth fly off in an arc and the creature falls over, sinking good ways into the snow. You are certain that it is dead, but it's horrible maw still keeps opening and closing aimlessly. You quickly pick up the communication cube from it's robe, but not before pulling out a pack of toothpicks, a pair of scissors and a whole lot of pocket lint.

If you use the cube to send a message, say what you are trying to accomplish and roll+INT.

Desiderio:
Your throw is perfect, now to just pull them back. Unfortunately it turns out that Rory is very heavy. You really need to give it your all before he finally gets onto solid ground. The rope falls from your exhausted hands. Oh well, you'll get over it with a quick breather. Or would, if it wasnt, so. drat. Cold.

You've lost body heat and take -1 ongoing until you manage to warm up somehow.

Rory:
You're free. The net is easy to break now.

Aziza, Desiderio and Rory:
The wind turns, allowing you to see the ice bridge cleanly now that snow is not constantly flying to your eyes. Its quite a mess. Embedded in the ice are several trees, probably thrown into the river by the wind, and the skeleton of a small fishing boat. Near the far end of the bridge stands a figure dressed in very thick winter gear, pointing an arm tube at you. Its another demon like this one.
"Stop! Not a step further! Just tell it already! Tell it! Tell it!" You can just barely make out it's manic screeching over the blizzard. There's still significant distance between you and it, and it can shoot. On the other hand, there's a bunch of things to use as cover on the way.

Earlier Neram and Sammi saw two demons on this bridge. Lets say Aziza also saw that much while flying. Now only one is visible.

Neram and Sammi:

Sammi has lost body heat. Take -1 ongoing until you manage to warm up somehow.

You've landed by a massive pile of snow the wind has blown against the wall of the house. Its a solidly made wooden building, with bright light shining through the windows above you. As you get closer to it's corner the Capstone comes to view. The visibility is bad but you can more or less make out the three minor fiends flail about in confusion. Then one of them returns it's attention to the Capstone. You can feel the ground rumble lightly as the demon disturbs the device.
Suddenly a door on the wall slams open very close to you. A bit of blissfully warm air wafts over you, and then something flies out onto the snow. Its... yet another of these little demons? No, just the upper half of one. The legs get thrown out right afterwards and the door slams shut. The creature must have been bisected with great force. Even the bony gun arm has been shattered.

What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; at house, very cold
Aziza------: HP: 5/19 Armor: 0; very close to bridge, very cold
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; very close to bridge, handsome, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)
Rory--------: HP: 18/27 Armor: 1; very close to bridge, very cold(starting to feel it)
Sammi-----: HP: 23/23 Armor: 0; at house, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)

Sally-------: Voice 2/3 with Rory, trapped, Slightly cold

Jvie fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 16, 2016

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Rory Watchtower
HP: 18/27 Armor: 1 XP: 8/10

The moment his feet tangled, Rory turned his body so he'd land on his back, protecting Sally from being crushed. Somehow the netting he'd become stuck in snapped around him, binding just not his legs, but his entire body, leaving him bound as he slid down the icy hillside. "gently caress! Hang tight!" He called out as he found himself unable to slow his slide without use of his limbs. He torqued his body and tried to dig his heals into the snow the best he could, watching the icy shelf grow closer and closer.

"gently caress!" He shouted again, looking up the hill to where Desiderio has just snared him with a line. The hook was snagged on his shoulder and yanked hard when Desi pulled. Almost comically, Desiderio began skiing down the hill behind them, pulled by the bulk of the giant. "I don't think now's the time, baby," he said to the woman in his arms, "but you always wanted to try ropes."

Slowed by Desiderio's antics, Rory flexed and pushed back against the bindings. Immediately, Sally grunted in pain, being crushed against the net by Rory's bulk as he fought to break the bindings. Rory's strength was frightening and Sally had never been on the receiving end of it before. If she were actually forced to fight him, she could only imagine the force he could bring down, and the heartbreak to go with it. The pressure was unbearable, it was becoming too much. Suddenly, the crushing weight was thankfully released when the popping sound escalated, signifying the destruction of the net. And not a moment too soon it would seem!

Their slide down the hill came to a stop before they reached the edge of the ice. Had it not been for Desiderio's aid, they would probably have plunged into the icy waters, still tangled in the netting. Kicking his way free of the net, Rory could see Aziza take down the creature that has apparently snared him, good work on her part, but there was another one waiting on the ice bridge for them. "Sorry, Sally-girl, the rope tricks will have to wait. Hang tight while I finish these bastards off!"

"Wait!" She called, but it was too late for her to argue, however, as Rory had already taken off running through the snow again.

As he crashed unceremoniously through the snowdrifts, she could hear his voice boom through the wind. "You keep safe, I can take anything this ugly rear end in a top hat can dish out!" The giant called from up ahead, charging down the riverbank, directly into a barrage of cannon fire from the horrible demon.

Idiot was the only thing she could think as her lover left her through the snow. They'd fought a war side by side! Well, more like a safe distance from the destructive giant, but he was becoming more and more protective of her of late. She was far from helpless! Had the giant forgotten that she has the powers of a monster? That she'd saved him from the destruction of a sand-palace and mended his wounds through battle after battle. She'd even fought off those witches that had drugged him and tried to siphon off Tovarish's power. She had to get back by his side, but the only way across the river was the ice bridge.

Meanwhile, on the ice bridge, Rory battered his way through a hail of ballistics until he was right on the demon, staring at it's face. "Hello rear end in a top hat!" He taunted in his bravado as he slugged the creature in it's face, or what seemed like a face. He then proceeded to grab it by the collar and deliver a series of headbutts from his cracked helm; a literal bell ringer ad the metal clanged against the creature.

Defy Danger (STR): 2d6+3 10 to break the net.
Hurl Sally: 2d6+3 6 (not sure if you need a roll since I'm not throwing her at something.
Is that all you've got?: 2d6+1 8
Your lack of reaction infuriates or terrifies your enemy.
Hack & Slash (Fists): 2d6+3 7
Damage (hand, Blunt): 1d8 6

Taking 1 Healing Potion and 1 First Aid/Booze

Teonis fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 17, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Aziza
HP: 6/19 | Armor: 0 | Shape: 0 | XP: 1/8

I quickly strip the dead demon of anything apparently of value, even scooping up the tube with the shoulder strap it had left laying in the snow.
I look over the runes covering the small cube and attempt to send a message.
Trying to distract or redirect whatever is on the other end to either not send reinforcements or to send them into the river.
Defy Danger (INT) 12

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Neram Katikeram

Neram scrutinised his surroundings as he climbed off of the ornithopter. Perhaps the enemy of an enemy can be a friend? Or at least an ally. The others were over the bridge, and the lack of continued attacks on where Neram and Sammi were now located indicated that the attackers either had lost sight of the two, or were sneaking up on them.

Although the old man did not have the luxury of time, he needed answers, but he needed to be careful. Whomever lay within the house was probably friendly, but they might just attack anyone who enters, whether they are these creatures, who someone more friendly.

So it was Neram looked around and attuned his senses to the environment, as he sheltered against the winds the best he could by standing adjacent to the house.

Discern Realities (Wis): 2d6+1 12

Asking the following questions:
- What is about to happen?
- What should I be on the lookout for?
- What happened here recently?

For reference:
pre:
Ornithopter

Whoah! (Pilot Move)

Light Ride
[/quote]

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG
HP: 23/23 | XP 5/11 | Imagination: 1
Tags: Near

Cog stumbled out of the copter. Her physical form flickering in and out, like video tearing, but on a human body. The cold was not helping anything at all. She huddled behind a tree and watched in mute horror as the two parts of the demon were dumped outside. WELL! NOT GOING IN THERE!

More immediately, there was the horrible killy chilling cold. She had an idea about that, but it would only be a temporary fix for now. But cold fingers do not lend themselves to delicate work. Cog began clicking parts together, her fingers soldering wires, and fitting the small disk shaped object together. She clicked the thermal heat regulator onto her chest and activated it.

- - -
Jury-Rig (+INT-1): 2d6+2 9
- Draws attention
- Operates with a strange quirk
- - -

Thermal energy glowed around her and Cog sighed in utter contentment as the glowing power flowed around her and banished the awful cold. Although it did have the unfortunate effect of lighting her up like a Christmas tree. She readied her weapon. A simple propulsion rifle. Not fancy, but given her lack of power right now, she had to work with what she had.

"Master! Are you okay?"

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Picture of a Gunner Imp in winter gear.

Aziza:
You rife through the creature's clothes some more but only find a gross half eaten chicken, feathers and all. This might be a demon from the depths but apparently its too minor one to really own anything of note. Other than the cylinder that is. That is fancy. As you pick it up you can see the shiny metal is engraved all over with serpents and weird symbols. It should open up somehow but its hard to tell the details in this blizzard. Good thing its not too heavy. While it is about as long as you are you should still be able to carry it well enough.
Moving on, the symbols on the cube seem to correspond to the surrounding terrain in some manner. Making sense of the map is made pretty hard by everything sliding around the cube's surface but you manage to locate what seems like the river and push down on that. Almost immediately there's a loud boom and an explosion of steam erupts from the river, thankfully far enough from the ice bridge to not threaten that. The copious amounts of steam and snow keep you seeing what exactly arrived there, but soon one thing comes into view. A massive red hot tentacle rises sluggishly from the water. Its about two meters thick, with a skin like cooling magma. It's movements are slow and pained but it still has some strength left, and it could reach just about anywhere from there.

Neram:
What happened here recently?
The big muscular demons were already chasing you but these imps weren't well prepared for your arrival. They must have been investigating the Capstone and just put up an improvised ambush when they noticed you. One of them must have also wandered into the house recently and gotten killed inside.
What is about to happen?
The imp investigating the Capstone is clearly not qualified to be touching it. It is only a matter of time before it manages to disturb the containment coil, causing the Capstone to emit a massive shockwave that will tear all three of them to shreds. Unfortunately the device will also be damaged in the process.
The three imps at the Capstone are still a threat. The house also contains something capable of tearing them in two. You manage to get a look through a ground floor window. Seems to be a kitchen. Nothing out of ordinary there, but just for a moment you can see someone walk past a door of the room. A shirtless, bald and extremely muscular man. Doesn't seem armed. There is also something odd about the house itself. The inside is clearly heated but you can't see any chimney on the building. Now that you think about it you saw nobody in the doorway when it opened. The door closed itself.
There is nothing else on this side of the river that threatens you.

Sammi:
You feel better as soon as you activate your regulator. Although it also becomes clear that its not quite calibrated correctly. Your body is getting heated but anything you touch is getting heat leeched from it. In effect if you touch anything it will be stuck to you with ice.
The glow is also a problem. You hear the imps start shooting again now that they have an obvious target.

You and Neram are under fire.

Rory:
I'll wait for your edited post before updating your situation.

What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; at house, under fire, very cold
Aziza------: HP: 5/19 Armor: 0; very close to bridge, very cold
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; very close to bridge, handsome, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)
Rory--------: HP: 18/27 Armor: 1; very close to bridge, very cold(starting to feel it)
Sammi-----: HP: 23/23 Armor: 0; at house, under fire, glowing, sticky touch

Sally-------: Voice 2/3 with Rory, Slightly cold

Jvie fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 17, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Aziza
HP: 6/19 | Armor: 0 | Shape: 1 | XP: 2/8

I see the tentacle emerge from the river, and begin sprinting towards the bridge, tube bouncing painfully on my back and spear slung over my shoulder. The Big Guy, his girlfriend, and the Braggart were struggling at the edge but seemed capable of protecting themselves, I decided then that I should track Sammi and assist her, in all the rush Neram's flying machine has disappeared. Between one step and the next the Raven emerges and takes flight.
Shapeshift 6 +xp
The Spirits hate me! :mad:

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Neram Katikeram
HP: 17/17 | Armor: 1/1 | Load 2/7 | XP: 6/10 | Tick Tick

Hmm. The possibilities of what lies within the house could be many fold. However the most likely candidates are either a wizard of some kind, or given the hulking figure it might well be... a witch. Or a hag or similar, the differences between either a witch or a hag is one of those things that are matters for debate, but regardless the figure is more than likely a servant of some kind, rather than the spellcaster who presumably heats the place magically and expelled the imp by the door magically.

Neither of the latter ideas of what lies within the house inspires Neram with confidence, and now the other imps have started attacking again, at least they have ceased touching the stone, for the moment.

For once (especially due to the incompetence of his comrades), Neram was forced into action - not something he liked. Having lived as long as he did, he could avoid most things that might trouble him.

Concentrating, Neram wrenched arms together - but did not utter a word.

Spending 2 tock for 2 tick for Time Stop, spending the +1 from having Discerned Realities on this roll

Time Stop (Int): 2d6+3+1 8

From Neram's perspective the world dramatically shifted in colour and tone before going entirely grey. A warped bass hum combined with the distant sound of a clock slowing down and stopping heralded this, as the world stopped around him.

pre:
Time Stop

When you completely stop time, spend 2-Tock and roll +INT. On a 10+, choose two. On a 7-9. 
choose one. Regardless, you can Time Skip during this move for free, as often as you like.
•  You interfere with someone else's action - tell us how
•  You deal your damage to someone within range
•  You aren't in harm's way when the flow of time returns
Choosing You aren't in harm's way when the flow of time returns

Neram hopped about from point to point as he looked about the place. Quickly and invisibly, first he went over to the group of imps to see if there was anything interesting or specific he could make out, quickly scouting out the area, and the capstone, and their position - secondarily Neram returned to the house, at first looking in through all the windows, before going inside to see what lay within - assuming what he saw outside would not be too harrowing or otherwise indicative of something terrifying or whatnot. Once this was complete he returned outside, closing the door behind him and he returned to his original position, the pellets left suspended in the air.

Would if Neram could do this for longer and do greater things, but he was already taxed by many things, suspending time is not an easy task. And yet no-one thanks you for it.

Then time resumed.

To the outward observer it would look like nothing had happened. Well, except possibly intermittent foot-prints as Neram skipped his way around. But presumably those were always there, right?

For reference:
pre:
Ornithopter

Whoah! (Pilot Move)

Light Ride

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

HP: 22/22 | Armor: 2 | XP: 6/10 | Handsome
| TLaHA: 2

Desiderio couldn't remember a time when he had been so cold. Shivering miserably, he shook himself violently all over, forcing warm blood into frozen limbs. He was on a daring adventure, Serpent-drat it all! He was going to behave as a daring hero! And now it was time to cross that bridge and get inside that house where he dreamed a warm bed, a hot meal and a charming and friendly young lady might all be found. But first- to the attack! He pushed himself forward, dodging the imp's fire as he ran towards the river's edge.

Using True Love and High Adventure- Desiderio has come up with a daring plan to get to the cabin! Spending 1-Hold on Defy Danger
Defy Danger +DEX: 2d6+2 6 boo +1 xp. I guess the first stage of the plan has not gone to...plan

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG
HP: 23/23 | XP 5/11 | Imagination: 1
Tags: Near

Cog ducked back as bark flew from the Demon's shots. The sold trunk of the tree was more than enough to stop the rounds. But even so, she knew she needed to move. She checked around, letting her eyes cycle through vision modes check for any nearby enemies. What she instead saw was her allies attempting to make it over to her side of the river. Oh no! Rory! Sally! Desi! Azi! They needed a way across and fast.

Sorry Sammi, this was probably going to suck.

Cog dashed out of cover when there was a lul in the shooting. Running for the river. They needed a way across? She'd give them one! Pulling out parts from the pouch and the air Cog crafted a cylinder as she ran. Pouring all the power she had into it! Completing and priming the device just as she reached her destination!

- - -
Create simple devices and inventions quickly, and machines of a wondrous and impossible nature at GM's discretion from the Wyrd: Making a god drat bridge!
Spending 1 Imagination for +Control to next Monsterious Acts roll.
Side effect: The environment warps and changes dramatically and uncontrollably
Monstrous Act - Make a bridge +Wyrd, +Control: 2d6+4 12

- - -

Cog pushed the power sustaining herself out through Sammi's hands as she skidded to a halt and slammed the bridge-bomb into cold icy ground. The discharge of Wyrd roared into life as metal columns grew out of the ground, a mercury like tendril of living molten steel leapt the gap biting into the other side of the gap with a hiss. The metal spread further, a stark contrast to the otherwise pristine snow. Burying itself deeper into the ice, growing outwards with it's own 'roots', Increasing it's grip on the earth. The architecture of the bridge formed, a full carts width and a half across, with solid metal railings to stop the unwary slipping over the edge. Even then the foot guards would provide at least a measure of protection. The perfect, far less risky, way across!

Sammi panted as the cold air hit her lungs again. She was stunned. She'd never tried anything quite so big before! Which meant there had to be a cost somewhere. A cost other than being suddenly out in the open and glowing very brightly without any kind of cover. She dived for the columns, hoping their bulk would give her the protection from the inevitable weapons fire her stunt would bring. She felt a certain sense of accomplishment. And looked back to her Master, wondering just what he would make of what just happened!

- - -
Just to give an idea of what I've done and why. Sammi wanted to aid the others, but sadly you can't aid more than one person at a time. So narratively it made far more sense to make a bridge for everyone, that it did to make a bridge for just one person. If you prefer I can also roll to try and aid Desi, because I don't think I've updated my Hx to include Aziza.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Rory:
Bits of jagged ammo from the imp's cannon keep hitting you as you dash over the ice bridge. The thing has vicious aim for something with no visible eyes, but for the most part the clouds of shrapnel break against your armor or leave just superficial wounds. Then once you are halfway across the bridge another imp emerges from the snow right in front of you. Must have been hiding to surprise you. You promptly eat another blast at point blank range-

Rory takes: 1d8+2+1-1 8 damage. The +1 damage is from there being two attackers.

-and keep running. The ambusher imp stares at you like a deer in headlights.(Again for something with no eyes.) You barely even notice going over it. You are about to reach the other end now. The other imp frantically tries to get another shot off but you are already upon it. The punch leaves it reeling and helpless to dodge. It seems like a done deal but the imp suddenly unhinges it's jaw, turning it's head into a gaping tooth lined deathrap. Too bad you're already committed to this headbutt.

Rory also takes: 1d8+2-1 5 damage.

It ends with the fiend dead and most of it's teeth missing. Hopefully not sticking out of your face.

Did Sally follow you here?

Desiderio:
You are a bit behind Rory, which is good since the imp's fire is focused on him, but also bad since the giant tentacle slams onto the ice bridge before you've made it across. The water ahead of you bursts in a cloud of steam as the glowing appendage sinks taking most of the bridge with it. Then, out of the cloud emerges something, the end of Cog's bridge smashes into the ice just in front of you, anchoring itself tightly. Very convenient. You continue along it, passing through the mess of steam and snow filling the air. Theres just a bit left before you reach Sammi, but just as you emerge from the steam cloud you hear the bridge creak. As you glance behind you a hulking horned beast bursts out of the cloud right behind you. Its the other big demon. It has followed you! It leaps at you wildly but misses, sliding past you. It is now between you and Sammi and clearly intent to punt you off this bridge.

Neram:
Two of the imps at the Capstone are in the middle of shooting at where you were, the third one has it's fingers shoved into the device's exposed innards. Aside from them there's just snow and a couple of trees here. There's nothing particularly weird visible through the house's windows. Mainly its just the kitchen and a couple of bedrooms. Inside seems pretty mundane as well at first. You pass the buff man you saw earlier. From the front you see he's wearing spectacles, and looks oddly cheery even though demons just tried to invade the house. In fact his grin is downright unnerving. Then you notice something. There's an eye on the wall. And there's another. Whatever else might be here the house itself is clearly not normal. You keep seeing eyes embedded in the architecture as you move around but the one other thing of interest visible is an old white haired woman upstairs. You find her sitting on a bed with a blanket over her shoulders. She's got sharp, thin features and a worried look in her eye. It doesn't seem like she was doing anything when you stopped time. You think you recognize her. The seemingly living features of the house most certainly aren't connected to her. They're nothing that you'd expect from her, but she could still be a threat if you cross her. You return outside and resume the flow of time just when Cog plants her bridge. The house is currently hiding you from the imps.

Who is the woman and what do you think she's doing out here?

Aziza:
You succesfully take flight and make it across the river. However just as you notice the trouble Desiderio is in the wind throws you off course and sends you plummeting. You're going to crash into the house! You're just about to smash against a second floor window when it just opens up, giving you a relatively safe landing onto a thick carpet. The warmth is an immense relief but you can also hear the window close behind you. Before you can contemplate escape a pair of eyes opens on the room's wall. The planks twist apart also revealing a large mouth next to the eyes, big enough to eat a human whole.

The wall face yells "MEAT!" and several wooden arm-like appendages sprout from the floor around you. The house itself is alive it seems?

Sammi:
Your device worked and the bridge has taken root. You however soon notice a guard rail emerge from the snow, back on solid ground. A few more thin support poles follow the suit and break the surface of the snow around you. The bridge structure has spread chaotically under the snow, growing railings and metal spikes haphazardly all over. Only a few are tall enough to be visible but there must be a lot more hidden under the snow.

You are more or less safe from the imps here, but leaving this cover would be quite dangerous.

I'm giving Desiderio +1 to his DD from your bridge this time. However in the future I'd like a separate roll for Aid as well. Changing the fiction to benefit someone is meaningful in itself, and I'd say that getting to change the result of their roll is separate from that.

Everyone:

Trying to move quickly in the snow around the house is quite risky due to the hidden obstacles.

The cold is really getting at you. Everyone but Sammi and Aziza now take -1 ongoing until they warm up.

What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; at house, under fire, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)
Aziza------: HP: 5/19 Armor: 0; in house, surrounded, raven
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; on new bridge with a big Demon, handsome, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)
Rory--------: HP: 5/27 Armor: 1; not far from the house, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)
Sammi-----: HP: 23/23 Armor: 0; at new bridge, under fire, glowing, sticky touch

Sally-------: Voice 2/3 with Rory(?), very cold

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

| TLaHA: 1 | Painfully cold (-1 ongoing), Confused (-1 WIS)

As the demon slid past him, Desiderio whooped in surprise and returned his sabre and dagger to their sheaths. A wide grin spread across his features, cracking the icicles in his moustache, his breath gusting out between gleaming teeth in billowing clouds.

This, this right here, was something he knew. He remembered his youth in Hebralia, when he was left in the care of the Church while his mother warred at sea and his father inked deals in blood. He remembered the games he played with the other children in the stockyards, the sacred traditions. The bull-dance.

"You stand in my way, grandfather, but I must dance!" he screamed into the wind at the creature, as it hooted in apparent confusion. He laughed wildly, more than a little delirious with cold. He continued the ritual challenge. "You will be my partner, though my feet are light and your horns are sharp!"

He looked to the demon's antlers. They were magnificent, a mighty ivory rack. Perfect.

as per Plan of Action, the demon's antlers are exactly what Desidero needs. Spending one hold from True Love and High Adventure, Daring Devil (+1 from Plan of Action, +1 from TLaHA): 2d6+3 11
• You end up exactly where you want to be
• You don't attract unwanted attention

He dashed forward, laughing madly. Snow stuck in his hair and his moustache and he dived between the demon's grasping hands, then gripped it's antlers and pulled himself up. Still cackling, he braced his boots and kicked off in one smooth motion and careened through the air, arms cast out in a perfect swan dive and landed with Rory. He spread his arms, blades once more in his fists and shouted, whether to his friends, his enemies, to the voices in his mind or the entire world which loved him:

"Desiderio....of the Antipodes!!!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG
HP: 23/23 | XP 5/11 | Imagination: 3
Tags: Near, Forceful, +1 Damage

Sammi looked back in time to watch Desi soar through the air. It was actually pretty awe inspiring. She almost forgot she was getting shot at. Sadly such forgetfulness was quickly forgotten at the storm of sparks from the bullets fired in her direction. She looked around to work out where everyone else is. Just in time to spot a very confused and quite angry looking demon lope out of the mists. Sammi froze, although this time not from the cold. She really hoped that it would ignore her and move on.

Then she remembered she was glowing like a wizards wand waving contest (a phrase she had so far completely failed to realize was referring to dicks, and not wands). So there went any hope of not getting noticed. These things were fast, really fast, and Sammi was no sprinter. What with her well thought out combination of heavy boots and a shin length dress. It would overtake her in seconds in all of this snow. With running out of the question, and no time to make any gadgets, she looked to the only option she had left.

"CoooogggGGGGGGGGGG!!!" She started screaming as the beast began it's slow approach, warming itself up for the pounce.

- - -
My Closest Friend +INT: 2d6+3 10
Imagination set to 3
Monstrous Act - Move with great speed and dexterity with Jump Jets and Rocket Boosters +Wyrd: 2d6+2 7
- You need to put yourself at risk to get results.

- - -

With a flash of light and a pulsing roar, Cog sprang to life as the creature lunged! Bursting up into the air with speed, grace and style. Her jump jet boosters propelling her towards to house, leaving a blue light trail at her passing. The house was perfect! Cover, a *possibly* soft landing, and the advantage of being able to use the upper windows to get a good shooting angle of the remaining demons. There was no way this could go wrong!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Aziza
HP: 6/19 | Armor: 0 | Shape: 0 | XP: 3/8

The Raven squawks in terror, wings flapping to try and get away when suddenly bird is replaced with woman as Aziza stands ready, her spear held in a firm defensive stance!
Defend 4 +xp
haha oh what the christ

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Neram Katikeram

The old man shivered slightly, under his armour. The cold was beginning to take its toll. All the while, far too many complications were occurring, and Neram had to make a choice regarding what to do. The house was weird and strange, although warm - Neram did not trust anything that had such a deceptive appearance, and with only so much information to go on Neram could only plan so far ahead, for the moment. The imps were still there, and worse - one wa still tampering with the capstone. It had to be dealt with before it was too late, damaging the capstone would jeopardise future successes.

Neram's keen eyes peered about, noting down the differences in texture and appearance of the snow surrounding the house. At the very least given the cover of the house (for the moment), the ancient clockmaker could take a moment to think, plotting out the route amongst the debris caused by the excitable Sammi (or perhaps it was Cog, truth be told Neram saw them as the same person... ish, different aspects of a greater whole - and perhaps that was correct, in a sense) before she dashed away to assist the others.

His features creased with determination, the old man began to move about initially, using the rapidly-thought-out path he had determined.

Defy Danger (Intelligence): 2d6+3-1 11

As he had some initial successes he took a brave step and increased his positive temporal potential, causing from his perspective to once more shift to a lurid faux-realm of possible futures, however this time he was largely free of the potential futures of others, asides from in the farther distance - but Neram definitely paid no attention to that as he moved through the paces, refusing to use the more acrobatic capabilities of his suit because it would be much harder to plot a course from such a distance.

Spending one tick for one tock to Time Skip to a better position.

Those that have seen Neram's suit might sometimes ask: What is powering it? It appears ostensibly clockwork however it has no place to wind it up, nor has Neram been witnessed doing so, however in an internal component (that is sometimes visible from certain angles) there is a pale white glow - this is Neram's novel power source, something that he only discovered after all was said and done, after he did what he did, and after he had inevitably (and unintentionally) cursed his home city to division and strangeness. Temporal energy, that is the suit itself taps into the limitless sands of time in order to give it mobility, but more importantly at this moment - power a hidden weapon that Neram had incorporate into the suit, it was after all originally designed as a suit for nobility that would commission him for such strange armour, but it was radically changed after Neram became puissant in such strange ways.

With that in mind Neram coalesced energy into the vessel upon the suit's right forearm, causing a cap or barrel of some kind to open and reveal a brilliant, pale white light, Neram calmed his mind as he maneouvred to the appropriate place (as he could see fit) before he left this pseudoplane of time, fading back into the regular timestream. To outside observers Neram moved towards another side of the house before disappearing and suddenly reappearing on the other side. With his hidden weapon pointed at one of the imps: The scavenger tampering with the capstone.

Neram exhaled as he fired, causing a bolt of pale white energy to shoot forth, moving swift and peculiarly, the falling snow's path being distorted strangely as it passed.

Volley (Int): 2d6+3-1 11

Damage (Piercing 2): 1d6 4

The bolt unerringly launched for the imp who was crouched over the captone. They would have to die.

Energy Cannon is tags: Near, Piercing 2, 2 ammo.

As Neram peers straight at the imps, as he watches the bolt of temporal energy make its way inexorably towards the meddler, the old man is struck once more by the prophetic nature that resonates with his powers, although the specific reasoning as to why his natures manifested in such a fashion is more mysterious - perhaps they are spawned from a paradox, the nature of Mutivu - or as Vinveli (a strange man who Neram and Sammi retroactively never met) labelled enigmatically as 'The King Clad in Crimson', was forever shrouded in mystery - and could plausibly be paradoxical, or something far stranger. Regardless of such things, Neram gained some keen insights in those fractions of moments.

Spending 1 tick for 1 tock to use Oracle.

For reference:
pre:
Oracle 
When you go into battle, spend 1 Tick. Name one person who’ll die OR one person who’ll live. 
Don’t name a PC; name NPCs only. The GM will make your vision come true if it’s even remotely possible.

Who did Neram see die in this fleeting moments of true clarity? The capstone-meddling imp, of course. But the vision was was fleeting and blurry, the notion as to how specifically eluded the old man, however he hoped that it was either he or one of his comrades who would do the deed.

For reference:
pre:
Ornithopter

Whoah! (Pilot Move)

Light Ride

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Rory Watchtower
HP: 5/27 | Armor: 1 | XP: 8/10 | Painfully cold: -1 ongoing

As Rory finished bludgeoning the demon into paste with his helmet, he turned just in time for the ice bridge to be leveled by some kind of molten tentacle. The entire thing went up in a cloud of steam and ice, showing him with cold water and hot air. It was the first time Rory noticed how cold it was now. Had the wind always carried that chill on it? He had to admit, this frozen mountain was a lot like the winters in the Northland. He flexed his muscles and shrugged off the cold wind blasting him, but it was suddenly unlike back home. He looked at himself, and saw the damage he'd endured, the blood he'd lost. No wonder he couldn't get warm with his insides so exposed to the cold.

No sooner was he done did Rory hear the roar of challenge. It was a literal roar from another one of those nightmare-beasts. He was eager to get somewhere he could get patched up, but he never was able to turn down a challenge, even a roar. Rory began moving along the riverbank, towards where Cog had built some kind of super-bridge. Where was this thing when they needed it? However, as the creature was bearing down on Desiderio, Rory heard a voice on the wind, calling his name. Suddenly, the voice hit him like a ton of brinks. It was a sonic wave from Sally.

In his hurry, he had rushed ahead of her to kill his foe, which was not uncommon. However, this time it had left Sally on the wrong side of the river, the only way to cross blocked by a creature made of bone and darkness. He would have to get the thing off the bridge before she could cross. Running to a nearby tree, Rory gripped the trunk and hauled the entire thing out of the ground. Like a massive caber, he hurled the entire thing through the air. End over end, it tumbled, undeterred by the wind due to its sheer weight. He watched as it crashed into the creature, smashing into it and tumbling over the side of the bridge. That should take care of it blocking the bridge at least.

Rory got moving again, towards the others near the end of the bridge, he wanted to meet up with Sally as soon as he could, and to make sure the beast was dead. As he started across the snowbanks, it became painfully clear that throwing an entire the tree was a bit over the top. His shoulder blades ached with a soreness he'd not had in a long time; nothing that wouldn't get better in time, but an inconvenience at least. He'd have to ask Sally to give him one of her massages later on.

Sally Fir
Voice 2/3 Loyalty: 3 Cost: Fame and Glory

Rory had blazed off so quick, Sally found herself left in a cloud of snow. After she had climbed free of the netting, she immediately took off after the giant. However, what Rory failed to see was a monstrous tentacle arm protruding from the river, sizzling the ice around it into steam. "Rory! Above you!" She called as the thing came crashing down onto the ice bridge. It had looked like the north-man had made it across, the demon he was after was certainly on the far side. However, the second demon, who had tried to ambush Rory was not so lucky. As the brute left it stunned, it was instantaneously crushed by the massive tentacle.

As the steam billowed out, Sally watched as Desiderio sped his way across an iron bridge, one that had appeared with a sudden, powerful display of wyrd. Cog's doing, certainly, and Sally could feel the wyrd creeping through the ground around the bridge and back towards the time-warmed monster-girl. No sooner had the bridge touched the banks did Desiderio run across it. Sally hurried to do the same, but was cut off by a massive shadow moving between the now flurries as they fell. It was another nightmare and it had chased the boisterous man of the Antipodes.

Glancing back across the river, she had to get Rory's attention. It seemed he was in the process of using his helmet to make butter of the twisted creature in his grip. This kind of display was the exact thing that broke his helmet in the first place!

Running to the foot of the bridge, still behind the monster, Sally called out to the giant. "Rory!" she could feel the wind slice away her words into nothing. It was going to take something more. Drawing on her own wyrd-fueled abilities, she blasted the air with a shout of power. "RORY!" she called again, the sound like a wall of force. It had worked, as the giant dropped the limp body and proceeded towards her. However, once Rory got a glimpse of the monster on the bridge, he instead turned for a nearby tree. Oh, not again. was all the skald could think as the tree sailed through the air.

Hack & Slash Hurl: 2d6+3-1 8
You strain a muscle, take -1 STR ongoing until you take a second to stretch.
Damage (Tree): 1d8 4
Sally uses dragon shouts in my head-canon now

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Desi:
As you fly through the air you come across a tree doing the same. For one unreal moment you can't be sure you aren't seeing things. You pass over it by a hand's width and feel the naked branches scrape your side. The wind howls in your ears. Finally the world greets your feet and you hear the tree crash into the bridge behind you.

Rory:
The guard rails are ripped apart as the tree sweeps over the bridge. Your mark goes unceremously over the edge with it and plops into the river. Oh, Sally is right there? Good thing she wasn't hit. She runs to the bridge's end and towards you without encountering any trouble. However after a moment the creature's skull breaks the surface of the water. It howls and scoops the river with it's arm, throwing water around in a wide arc. Its clearly not a graceful swimmer but its making steady progress with it's frantic splashing. There's only a short stretch of water left between it and the river bank.

Kati:
Your shot streaks through the air, through the imp's clothing and throws up a puff of dust as it finally hits the ground. The imp slumps over, you must have hit something, but it still has the strength left to yell something. You can't make out the words over the wind, but their tone is hateful. It slings it's gun arm in your direction, screams a particularly loud curse, and fires. At least it's not messing with the device anymore. And the two others are not firing at you either! They seem to be still aiming back to the ornithopter.

You've got a bunch of gunshot about to hit you. How do you intend to survive this?

Cog:
Two of the imps are firing at you. The glow makes you an ideal target and committing to a dash through the air makes for a predictable trajectory. There is little chance to dodge.

Cog takes: 1d8+2+1 6 damage.

Azi:
The moment you change form the arms stop for a moment. The wall face blinks in disbelief. Sadly there's little chance to escape, you are surrounded. "Even more meat!?" The mouth twists into a grin and the arms slam onto you.

Aziza takes: 1d10 2 damage.

"Just! Stand! Still!" You manage to dodge most, but one gets a painfully tight grip on your arm. There's no just shaking it off, its hard as wood, but if you don't manage that you won't be able to dodge whatever's coming next. "There! Stop squirming. You don't want me to starve you selfish thing?"
Just then the window is kicked open and Cog tumbles to the floor. That's nice but she's still by the window and you in the middle of the room, surrounded by the floor arms.

Cog:
"My window! That hurt!" You hear a creaking sound, and manage to notice just in time a candle holder twist and reach out from the wall just behind you. It stretches and opens up like a venus fly trap, clearly about to encase your head in it's metal filigree.

What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; near Capstone, under fire, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)
Aziza------: HP: 3/19 Armor: 0; in house, grabbed
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; not far from the house, handsome, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)
Rory--------: HP: 5/27 Armor: 1; not far from the house, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)
Sammi-----: HP: 17/23 Armor: 0; in house, glowing, sticky touch

Sally-------: Voice 2/3 with Rory, very cold

Jvie fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 22, 2016

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

| Painfully cold (-1 ongoing), Confused (-1 WIS)

The percussive sound of the imps' blasting snapped him to attention. He had no doubt that Watchtower could handle the brutish demon; the northron seemed to have cornered the market on 'brutish', after all. Instead, he saw his old friend Katikeram under fire. The old man's armor seemed to be taking the brunt of it, but fear for his greybeard friend seized his heart.

Running past the house (and apparently not having any idea there was anything amiss inside), Desiderio snatched up a sled leaning against the wall and leapt onto it, flying down the hill at the imps at a frightening pace, snow blowing in his face, death in each hand and laughter in his heart. If they weren't in the middle of a blizzard, this is what the imps would hear:

"HA-HA-HA-HA!"

Sled and general downhill orientation for the capstone from Plan of Action, Daring Devil (+1 from background+Plan of Action): 2d6+2 13
• You end up exactly where you want to be
• You don't attract unwanted attention
• You show off and feel fantastic about it - take +1 forward

Can I snap into these imps, or do I have a reaction coming to me first?

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Neram Katikeram
HP: 17/17 | Armor: 1/1 | Load 2/7 | XP: 6/10 | Tick Tock | 1-Hold for Give Me A Moment

The old man's eyes closed as he inhaled deeply and the world.... slowed. His thought processes on the other hand remained as fast as he they were usually. Speaking of which the presence of Yratha was most unusual, he thought. It was not something that he expected at all, but in the midst of this fight there was little to be able to do but react to things. Yratha was a former student of his from decades ago, when she was a young woman, Neram had previously attempted to teach his art to others, but generally such successes are few and far between, few seem willing or able to make the sacrifices necessary for such at thing. Yratha was a promising student but the reason why Neram abandoned her was because she was too.... eager, too... pragmatic, too... power hungry. She delved into the more forbidden aspects of time magic that Neram was not remotely as eager to deal with. Neram would only use or learn such things if it was absolutely necessary, rather than a route to power. So it was one night he just vanished, and any evidence of his passing was gone, a clockwork rose was all he left as a symbol for their time together - but he would teach her no longer. Perhaps it is this cowardice on Neram's part that has caused her to be here and now. After all someone who seeks power like that so readily is not one to give up so easily, even if she has not made advances in time magic, she may well have sought other sources of power - she was quite gifted from what Neram recalls, she could probably delve into fell arts if she so wished.

But enough about her, she would have to wait until more immediate concerns were dealt with, thought Neram as the world almost (but not quite) stopped before him.

Spending 1 tock for 1 tick to use Give Me A Moment

pre:
Give Me A Moment
When you slow time to a crawl to give yourself a moment to react, spend 1-Tock and hold 2. You 
can spend 1-hold to do one of the following:
• You walk around - move somewhere within Reach of you.
• You notice something you can use to your advantage.
• Roll +INT to Defy Danger instead of what the GM tells you to roll.
Neram used the moment as he saw the salvo of pellets flying towards him to find a position where he could avoid such a hazard entirely, and allow him to return fire, should he succeed.

Using 1-hold to Roll +INT to Defy Danger in this situation.

Defy Danger (Intelligence): 2d6+3-1 9

Emboldened by this, Neram returned fire, launching forth another hissing bolt of temporal energy at the imp that he had wounded before.

Volley (Int): 2d6+3-1 11

Damage (Piercing 2): 1d6 6

Once more another bolt of temporal energy shot forth straight towards Neram's chosen foe, the snow falling around it repeats its motions going down several times before it actually reaches the ground.

Energy Cannon is tags: Near, Piercing 2, 2 ammo.

For reference:
pre:
Ornithopter

Whoah! (Pilot Move)

Light Ride

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
so hey my computer chose tonight to die. I will try and keep up posting and hopefully I'll be back up and running soon.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Neram:
You move out from under fire in slowed down time, however as your perception of the world starts speeding up you notice a few more pellets appear from the blizzard just before your eyes. Their spread must have been greater than estimated, those bits could hit your face. You could still dodge but that would in turn hinder your shooting. As far as you can tell you are caught between two potential timelines. One in which you get hit, and one in which you use a significant amount of your weapon's power for a trickier shot to finish the imp while moving.

Choose one. Either way the imp is dead.
Take d8 damage
Expend 1 ammo

Desiderio:
You slide down the hill, dodging the bizarrely placed guard rails riddling the incline, and curving around to the imp's side. You can hardly see anything in the blurred scenery but the occasional flash of their guns. Your ride suddenly becomes very bumpy as you reach the patch of ground thawed by the capstone's heat. The sled has come to it's road's end, and almost throws you off as it bounces around on little rocks. But there they are, the shooters. One of them gets speared through the head by a white streak and falls over just as you reach the group. The remaining ones snarl at your arrival. They try to back up enough to shoot at you, but seem quite prepared to lash out if you get close.

What do you do?

Status Box posted:

Neram-----: HP: 17/17 Armor: 1; near Capstone, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)
Aziza------: HP: 3/19 Armor: 0; in house, grabbed
Desiderio-: HP: 22/22 Armor: 2; at capstone, handsome, painfully cold(-1 ongoing)
Sammi-----: HP: 17/23 Armor: 0; in house, glowing, sticky touch

Sally-------: Voice 2/3 with Rory, very cold

Error 404 posted:

so hey my computer chose tonight to die. I will try and keep up posting and hopefully I'll be back up and running soon.
Don't worry. It happens. I had to deal with a bunch of broken parts over the holidays as well. I hope things work out for you.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sammi / COG
HP: 23/23 | XP 5/11 | Imagination: 3

The shots clipped Cog as she flew through the air, and she yelled out as the sparks flew, her preoccupation with escaping the antler demon had left her guard down. Her armour hasn't totally formed and she felt the bolts slice her. She twisted to try and make herself a smaller target. That was when she hit the window.

- - -
Wounding the Monster +Control: 2d6+2 6
+1XP
-1 Imagination
Under Urge: Fear.
Undergo a strange mutation until Imagination 0

- - -

"A-Azi!" She yelled. The house was alive! Oh gods, THE HOUSE WAS ALIVE! AHHHHHHHHH! She still had her boosters out, she was going to use them. First to grab Azi, them to exit this place at top speed.

- - -
Monstrous Act - Move with great speed and dexterity with Jump Jets and Rocket Boosters +Wyrd: 2d6+2 12
- - -

She shot over to Aziza, Enclosing both her and herself with her defensive plates, trying to cut the one arm still grabbing onto Aziza's arm.

- - -
Monstrous Act - Blast foes with high tech weapons and gadgets: 2d6+2 5
+1XP
-1 Imagination
Under Urge: Fear.
Undergo a strange mutation until Imagination 0
- - -

That was what she wanted to do anyway....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

| Painfully cold (-1 ongoing), Confused (-1 WIS)

Desiderio spun and whirled, laughing as he struck with his blades. Warmth! His boots stamped through the slush, the heat of the Capstone melting falling snow around them in a globe of mildness that made his joints thaw and his knuckles loosen. Once the riff-raff was dispensed with, this would be a lovely place to have a little rest!

Hack and Slash: 2d6+2 12, poo poo, rolled with +2 rather than +1 due to the cold, should be 11
Damage: 1d8+1d4 6

• Locked thread