Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
How are the player character animations? The whole game is third person and Ubisoft usually does a good job and making some detailed animations. The animations in Blacklist and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier were pretty outstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Brutakas posted:

How are the player character animations? The whole game is third person and Ubisoft usually does a good job and making some detailed animations. The animations in Blacklist and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier were pretty outstanding.

They're very slick, just have a look at the many videos posted in thread.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

katkillad2 posted:

This feels like Fallout 4 all over again where the opinions of the game turned to poo poo weeks before release and anyone got to play it. I liked Destiny and I liked Mass Effect 2, so sounds like I will probably enjoy this game.

I will say it doesn't look nearly as good as that first trailer we got though.

Opinions on The Division soured a long time ago. There's tons of gameplay videos to watch, it's not nearly as secretive as FO4 was.

I have no doubt some will like it, maybe even myself, but I have major concerns.

Also I'd argue people were right about FO4 not being great but that's another thread.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
So some beta keys have been going out but I didn't manage to get one. Anyone have any spares for PS4?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Puddin posted:

So some beta keys have been going out but I didn't manage to get one. Anyone have any spares for PS4?

Just pre-order on Amazon, wait for the beta to finish, then cancel it

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Jerkface posted:

Just pre-order on Amazon, wait for the beta to finish, then cancel it

Oh yeah I forgot you could do that.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The gameplay videos so far remind me a lot of Ghost Recon Phantoms, an F2P game that I was playing a couple years ago. F2P fuckery aside, the mechanics were actually pretty drat slick and if the movement/firing in Division is similar it should at least be an entertaining run-up-slide-into-cover-pop-out-and-shoot-mans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzuFhGhHzUA

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I can still walk into Gamestop and preorder for a beta code right ?

Orv
May 4, 2011

buttcoinbrony posted:

The gameplay videos so far remind me a lot of Ghost Recon Phantoms, an F2P game that I was playing a couple years ago. F2P fuckery aside, the mechanics were actually pretty drat slick and if the movement/firing in Division is similar it should at least be an entertaining run-up-slide-into-cover-pop-out-and-shoot-mans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzuFhGhHzUA

It seems a lot more deliberate to me. Sadly, because before they ruined Phantoms with F2P nonsense the shotgun flanks in that game were amongst the best I've ever seen.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Reverse Centaur posted:

I've seen this in two different videos now - an inability to shoot down at a target from above unless they're far away. Angry Joe was complaining about it and you can see it clearly here at 07:12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTaTvtsF1s0
Hah. Finally got around to watching this. That part is so bad. You can almost hear the dev's squirming.

:stare: 'Has uhh, Joe found a bug there?'
:monocle: 'There's uhh.. Height requirements. Yeah.'

:fuckoff:

buttcoinbrony posted:

The system they're using was originally in the more recent Splinter Cell, and Future Soldier games. Phantoms was basically FS' multiplayer sold seperately, but without the loving atrocious netcode and matchmaking that killed the player count before it could get off the ground.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Apparently the beta is the exact same content as the alpha. Quite disappointing, I was hoping we'd be able to upgrade our BoO a bit more or unlock more skills.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, I'm ok with that.

I'm mainly going to use to tune up my Xim4 set up on my PS4.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
I pre-ordered this with my fat apology discount from GMG for getting me Battlefront late. I never actually got to try it at the conventions I had been to but it got me pretty interested when I first heard about it. Personally I find the fact that the setting is more realistic than something like Destiny to be a draw. The NPC health I think I can live with, considering it is an item based RPG shooter, not a classic Clancy game where they go for realism. The videos I have seen make the movement and environment look pretty good, and for me, having the main game be single player content is a plus.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Man, I'm so conflicted. I Pre-ordered but I'm a PC guy and there is no footage of PC shenanigans. I'm so conflicted.

The game looks like fun, enemies are very bullet spongy on some of the videos I've seen(DevilDogGamer's videos in the Dark Zone), maybe that was because they were considerably higher level then the player? Don't get me wrong, I do not mind the bullet sponge stuff however there should be limits.

Everything I've been reading/seeing on the game is giving off a Destiny vibe. No trading, lots of grinding for your epics, very limited content while you wait for DLC's.

I canceled my pre-order until I see way more PC footage and more details of content in the game. If things are not as doom and gloom as it seems I would consider picking this up after release.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 22, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

NuckmasterJ posted:

very limited content while you wait for DLC's.

My assumption is that after the initial launch I'll play it in bursts around new DLC or other activities, so I'm OK with that. I don't need to play it 20 hrs/week for a year to have a good time with it.

Ideally the Destiny and Division DLCs will be out of phase, so I can switch back and forth.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

TG-Chrono posted:

lol assault paramedic
Worked for Roland in Borderlands 1.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They just announced that the Division at launch will only be taking place in the lamest part of NYC

Ohhh...you'd be silly to think they didn't carve up the rest of Manhatten Island for DLC. Come on, Central Park "darkzone"? "Downtown DLC"?

It writes itself!

Plus the current "endgame" level is 20. Usually games like this go up to 40-50.

The reason they've been so quiet on the "end-game" is they don't want a pre-launch backlash for carving up the game into DLC.

I'm hoping I get into the beta, but I won't pull the trigger until I have some post-beta PC performance impressions. Let's face it, the game isn't going to change dramatically between the beta and release. Ubisoft earned some cred with 'Sassy-creed Syndicate, but I'm not preordering. :colbert:

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 22, 2016

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
Some videos surfaced today (Jackfrags among them) that talk about the PC version. WAY more customizable HUD and graphics, prettier and more details city, and lots of bells and whistles. Apparently a large part of the dev team are PC gamer nerds so they made sure to get their prefs in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY7U1X6lP9E

Definitely looks like PC support wasn't an afterthought but a focus. All in all, he likes the game and although they didn't take screenshots or video of the PC version, he said it was good.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

he1ixx posted:

Some videos surfaced today (Jackfrags among them) that talk about the PC version. WAY more customizable HUD and graphics, prettier and more details city, and lots of bells and whistles. Apparently a large part of the dev team are PC gamer nerds so they made sure to get their prefs in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY7U1X6lP9E

Definitely looks like PC support wasn't an afterthought but a focus. All in all, he likes the game and although they didn't take screenshots or video of the PC version, he said it was good.

RPS is saying similar stuff in the pre-ramble interview/preview: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/22/tom-clancys-the-division-interview/

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Snuffman posted:

Plus the current "endgame" level is 20. Usually games like this go up to 40-50.

Incorrect its level 30.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So this game intrigues me and scares me at the same time. The setting is awesome to me, it's an MMO and has a good feel to how systems work.

What I'm curious about and also understand we may not know are:

1) Highest level you can be in this game? Answered. 30.
2) How big is the world map? Anything I can compare it to in size?
3) How does loot scale with level? If say level 30 is max level, is every single level 30 weapon going to do the same damage? Hell, can I just get a basic overview of loot anywhere?
4) Party System: how many bros can I dominate with?
5) Clans/guilds: I think I read these won't be on launch. I hope that's wrong or I am just thinking of a different game completely.

Cheers.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So this game intrigues me and scares me at the same time. The setting is awesome to me, it's an MMO and has a good feel to how systems work.

3) How does loot scale with level? If say level 30 is max level, is every single level 30 weapon going to do the same damage? Hell, can I just get a basic overview of loot anywhere?
5) Clans/guilds: I think I read these won't be on launch. I hope that's wrong or I am just thinking of a different game completely.

Cheers.

2. You can compare it to a map of new york (http://imgur.com/gallery/flefHhN/new)

3. I believe from what I remember that the loot scales to the level of the enemy killed. Weapons in the same class and level will have different damage along with um built in perks if you will. They will also have differing qualities.

4. Four people in a group

5. no clans or guilds yet mentioned.

A youtuber has alot of info in his vids.

Edit: The forums keep eating the link but look up Arekkz Gaming

wjs5 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 22, 2016

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Cheers.

Some extra info.

2) A guy took the map and broke it up and said it overlaid comparably to the GTAV downtown area. He wasn't sure how the verticality and underground stuff expanded it though. They haven't demoed the subway stuff that has been shown in other videos and we have seen some buildings you can enter that contain encounters and stuff but who knows how many buildings actually do that.

3) As mentioned, the loot scales and, when you're not in the Dark Zones, the AI scales the bad guys to your group as well. Solo will have a different AI difficulty and density as compared to rolling with a full group of 4.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
This game seems to have a lot of things that I've been looking for in an online game. The setting is cool, and shooting mans is often fun. If Ubisoft wasn't involved I would be totally hyped for it. As it is, I'll wait and see, but I won't pre-order if I can control myself...

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013
At the minimum, this should scratch the MMO shooter itch since Destiny has nothing interesting announced and upcoming so far.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thanks for the info guys. So about Fallout 4 size is good, I can handle that. And I'll check that video out now. I need to dive deeper into this and see what I'm gonna do with this game.

Seems very cool though.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Screenshot from PC beta apparently. Max settings

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I wonder how if they will be able to create a good variety of guns, mods, clothing and also enemies. Given the setting, they can't go too crazy with the designs, but that also can make things look pretty boring.

About the bullet sponge subject, I'm a little torn. I think in a group environment it can be a good thing that makes healing and support skills more meaningful. On the other hand, in single-play, it can get old pretty fast.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Pigbottom posted:

I wonder how if they will be able to create a good variety of guns, mods, clothing and also enemies. Given the setting, they can't go too crazy with the designs, but that also can make things look pretty boring.

I imagine with the guns there will be however many base guns, that will then just be rolled through your standard gray/green/blue/purple/orange item rpg scheme. Similar with items, and then add to that the weapons mods, probably run the same way with x amount of visual variants.

With enemies I'm afraid it will mostly be recolors and add/subtract pieces of gear but frankly that is how these kinds of games are done. Creating a massive amount of variation in designs would just take ages in asset creation and they have to draw the line somewhere.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
This reminds me the gun types will be shotguns, smgs, assault rifles, lmgs, dmrs(think like sniper rifles...), and a handgun of sometype(unlimited ammo).

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Snostorm posted:

At the minimum, this should scratch the MMO shooter itch since Destiny has nothing interesting announced and upcoming so far.

You obviously haven't heard of CRIMSON DAYS.

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013

TG-Chrono posted:

You obviously haven't heard of CRIMSON DAYS.

Nothing INTERESTING announced so far. Doubles crucible? No thanks!

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Well I've added my name to the beta waiting list. For some reason I'm a bit of a sucker for Tom Clancy games.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Well I've added my name to the beta waiting list. For some reason I'm a bit of a sucker for Tom Clancy games.

This is not a tactical shooter though, probably the most un-Clancy Clancy game.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

TG-Chrono posted:

ahemcoughcough

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

H.A.W.X.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I stand by my factually incorrect and inaccurate shitpost.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
For anyone interested in a beta key it looks like NCIX is doing a give away: http://www.ncixus.com/go/?The-Division-Beta-Giveaway

Gone already :(

Mr Apollo fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 23, 2016

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Mr Apollo posted:

For anyone interested in a beta key it looks like NCIX is doing a give away: http://www.ncixus.com/go/?The-Division-Beta-Giveaway
Already gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Mr Apollo posted:

Already gone :smith: Has anyone gotten their actual download codes yet? My Uplay account is on an old email and I'm afraid of missing it.

• Locked thread