Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Should the fact that the beta is linked to pre-orders be as big of a red flag as it feels like?
Looking at the game it seems pretty good and I know there are some glaring glitches like people moving without the walk animation happening but I'm gonna forgive that as something they'll fix when they get down to the final polish. The only things I'm worried about is it having the same endgame problem where you do the initial end content including expansions for the first 'season' and move on, then find that when you go back for the next season you're way under levelled and, understandably, the older content isn't getting much use which happened to me with Destiny.
My other concern is the Dark Zone stuff, while I'm cool with other teams possibly being hostile I wish games would stop encouraging players to act like antisocial douchecanoes to their teammates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

MagnumOpus posted:

As silly as those ideas sound, I think it's far more hilarious that people are getting bent out of shape over it.

While I would probably stick to playing with goons or people from the WoT clan I'm in I think that it's a pretty good idea so you can avoid teaming up with people that act like douchecanoes.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I've been playing a bit today, even braved the Dark Zone and survived a guy attacking me, most people seemed pretty chill which actually surprised me a little, maybe it's just too much GTA V. Influenced my expectations. There actually seems like a decent amount of content for 3 days of play even if there's only three or so story missions there's a bunch of other side tasks too including a chained mission set, which I think is a nice idea.
Any Xbox players that want to team up my XBL id Wraith108

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 28, 2016

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

I've heard the 'bullet sponge' thing all over the place, do they at least go down faster if you shoot them in the face or some poo poo?

Yeah, shooting them in the face when you start an encounter with an ambush on same level enemies using good guns usually lets you take one or sometimes two down before they get to cover, also some of the Burners have big flamethrowers, those explode after a few seconds if you put a shot into them and take out their buddies.
Are there any Xbox one players interested in roaming about the Dark Zone that I can trust not to act like a douchecanoe and shoot me in the back?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
You do get suppressors for weapons but beyond that I don't think there's much active stealth, there's no abilities and I don't know if there's a "backstab" type mechanic, though running from cover to cover before attacking works well.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
You can't do mixed tier groups, I was with an 8 and a 5 but we got split when we went to the DZ

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Vatek posted:

The subway is kind of odd, there's clearly loot crates placed down there but I never once saw a group of NPC enemies spawn down there. Then again, NPC spawns in the dark zone are kind of weird in general.

Probably the only time I've ever thought "I'm sure glad I'm getting this on the xbox and not on the PC".

The subway appears to be on two levels, there's what I assume is the 'station' part, which is empty but further down is the 'platform ' there's actually burners down there, I think I was fighting them 6 at a time and some were even bosses.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Is it worth keeping the beta on my Xbox or is the open beta more likely to be a separate download?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I am another who enjoyed the pump shotgun once I got it, they are great short range face melters. I kind of hope they have another base version with a box magazine, although I can just use the mods that increased the reload speed instead of magazine size.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

CrashCat posted:

I am absolutely dogshit at modern shooters and always on the bottom of my team, but I felt right at home in The Division.

I'm the same, I don't mind the likes of CoD single player campaigns but I suck at any kind of really fast paced PvP.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I think they seem to have done some rebalancing in regards to damage, not sure if I'm doing more or the mobs take less to put down, now soloing a small group with a semi automatic DMR is something I can do if they're not yellow. But I'm using mostly different guns this time. Does anyone feel like their progress towards getting better gear has been faster than it was before? I'm already carrying what I think is a full set of guns, one in each category, and most if not all are blue, plus all my armour is also blue admittedly most of the mods on the guns are green and I do not quite have enough to have all of them ready to go without taking something off another weapon first. Though that's only a real pain with the large suppressors since I like running an assault rifle with a DMR and only own one.
Also, taking out a flamethrower by putting one round into the tank will probably be entertaining for a good long time. Speaking of which, does anyone know which faction the guts with big backpacks full of ammunition that cooks off if you hit it are from? I've not seen one yet in this round of the beta.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

OxMan posted:

How do you switch between grenade types on ps4, tutorial tip says hold x but that does nothing.

On Xbox you tap a direction on the d-pad to ready a grenade and hold it to pick one from a radial menu.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So, when does the Beta actually finish? It's still working on Xbox One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
It's into the last hour now there's a timer counting down to the server shutting, not many people about though since I guess most people thought it was finished already as I did.

• Locked thread