Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Okay someone who actually read the books and will dare admit it answer me one question: If all those wizard people had ties to the British government, why didn't they just ask the Prime Minister to send a couple strike bombers and naval cruisers and tactically nuke the evil wizard and his whole army from dozens of miles away? Or provide SAS strike teams to back them up?

Pretty sure one squad of SAS with assault rifles would have made that last battle scene way the gently caress faster. But not as fast as an AC-130 overhead.

I don't know maybe it'd been smarter than sending in a bunch of school children with laser guns magic sticks.

Mowglis Haircut posted:

Alan Rickman, giant of British film and theatre, dies at 69

http://gu.com/p/4fym5?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Look what you did op

Yeah gently caress you OP, now Hans Gruber is dead.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

They didn't :confused:

They had their own special shadow government specifically for Wizard poo poo, I don't think they interacted with the actual British government at all

Plus most of the rules of their society revolved around making sure non-magic people didn't know about their existence, which means they had to deal with their own poo poo themselves

The movies made it absolutely clear the Prime Minister was 100% aware of magic and the threat it posed.

I got dragged to literally all of them over the years. This point stuck with me because I seriously hoped they'd do something to help. Was that movie only?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

learnincurve posted:

Because muggle technology won't work around magic, they addressed this in the Goblet of Fire. (Reeta Skeeter bugging story line)
Look at all these people missing out on Steven Fry's audio book narration.

That makes some sense I guess.

Though now I'm sad that we didn't get an entire battalion of solemn British soldiers fixing bayonets rather than let a bunch of high schoolers and their teachers fend for themselves.

• Locked thread