Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
loving lol

R.I. official resigns after using man dressed as elderly woman in news conference

Boston Globe posted:

CRANSTON, R.I. — A city official who wanted to include an elderly woman in a photo op about a snow shoveling program persuaded a middle-aged man to dress up in a wig, earrings, lipstick and a dress.

The man stood next to the mayor of Cranston at a news conference touting the program and wore a name tag that said ‘‘Cranston Senior Home Resident.’’

WJAR-TV uncovered the ruse in reports this week.

It is unclear why officials decided to use a stand-in for a woman during the Jan. 5 news conference, which was held at the senior center where the man worked as a van driver.

Sue Stenhouse, the city’s director of senior services, organized the news conference. She resigned last week, according to Rob Coupe, the city’s director of administration. Stenhouse, a 2006 Republican nominee for secretary of state, did not return messages requesting comment.

Coupe refused to explain what happened, saying it was a personnel matter.

‘‘He says to me, ‘Elaine, do you have a wig that I could borrow? I have to get dressed as a senior,’’’ Elaine Mancuso said. She later realized why he wanted it.

‘‘I said, ‘Oh, my God. He wanted it for that.’ I probably would have given him a better wig if I had known.’’

Riptor fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
scandalous

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
fetish

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
which one is the man dressed as a woman? I'm dead serious.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
what the fuckis this? were too good for links now?? is that soooo 2015?

a bone to pick posted:

yeah i feel you on this. i only saw the left one cause im on my lappo and thought "oh yeah, wow, there it is i guess" and then i found the article (must share this with me colleagues) and realized i had done a microaggression :(

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 15, 2016

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

quote:

The man stood next to the mayor of Cranston at a news conference touting the program and wore a name tag that said ‘‘Cranston Senior Home Resident.’’

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

rhode island is horrible 100% except for this news story

GJ rhode island

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

Stupid human being retard, the one that says "Cranston Senior Home Resident" like the article says.

Did you try reading? Did you try trying? Give me your milk money.

God.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Insanite posted:

rhode island is horrible 100% except for this news story

GJ rhode island

narragansett shandy is surprisingly decent but yeah you're right

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

oh the tan uncle fester in a wig? gotcha.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bryan Cranston is a really good actor.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Wish more politicians would do this. If anything it's an awesome idea and should be mimicked when possible

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Don't worry. They'll give him a show on public access. :unsmith:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lmfao this is the best news of all time

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
this is seriously some Veep poo poo right here

hydroxyethane
Jan 15, 2016

by Shine
It's not a god damned ISLAND!!!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
guys stop making fun of my dad he has a hobby that he enjoys and you are just jealous catch him at the music hut preforming barba streisand and you wont be making fun of him then

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
he is so brave he should get woman of the year award

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Brave... and Beautiful.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

hydroxyethane posted:

It's not a god damned ISLAND!!!

well the island portion of it is. the full name is something like mr. rogers happy plantation and rhode island, which is just off the coast

Aug 4, 2010

why would they do that

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gee i dunno why dont you ask your avatar

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

www posted:

why would they do that

Daniel Hillard is an eccentric actor who specializes in dubbing voices for cartoon characters. Daniel is a kind man and a loving father to his three kids Lydia, Chris, and Natalie, but Daniel's wife Miranda sees him as a poor disciplinarian, and a bad role model. After Daniel throws an elaborate and disastrous birthday party for Chris, Miranda reaches the end of her limited patience, and files for a divorce. Daniel is heartbroken when Miranda is given custody of the kids and he's only allowed to visit them once a week. Determined to stay in contact with his kids, Daniel discovers that Miranda is looking for a housekeeper, and with help from his brother Frank, a makeup artist, Daniel gets the job, disguised as Mrs. Iphegenia Doubtfire, a Scottish nanny. Daniel pulls off the ruse so well that neither Miranda nor his children recognize him, and in the process, he learns some parenting tips. Daniel also has to deal with Miranda's new boyfriend, a jerk named Stu Dunmeyer.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

im gaye posted:

Daniel Hillard is an eccentric actor who specializes in dubbing voices for cartoon characters. Daniel is a kind man and a loving father to his three kids Lydia, Chris, and Natalie, but Daniel's wife Miranda sees him as a poor disciplinarian, and a bad role model. After Daniel throws an elaborate and disastrous birthday party for Chris, Miranda reaches the end of her limited patience, and files for a divorce. Daniel is heartbroken when Miranda is given custody of the kids and he's only allowed to visit them once a week. Determined to stay in contact with his kids, Daniel discovers that Miranda is looking for a housekeeper, and with help from his brother Frank, a makeup artist, Daniel gets the job, disguised as Mrs. Iphegenia Doubtfire, a Scottish nanny. Daniel pulls off the ruse so well that neither Miranda nor his children recognize him, and in the process, he learns some parenting tips. Daniel also has to deal with Miranda's new boyfriend, a jerk named Stu Dunmeyer.

ugh i hate Stu ughhh

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
u think ms doubtfire had to clean the sheets after his wife made whoopee with stu?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Stunning.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
this is so stupid i don't really know what to say.

but that's for sure one foxy senior citizen.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

this is a funny + good news story and i approve of it

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

should've hired Dinklage to play a baby to kiss

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Men say women shouldn't wear make-up, put on too much themselves.
Typical.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Since I have never heard any piece of news in my entire life regarding anything that has ever happened in Rhode Island, I am now convinced that it is a fictional tax shelter for the Illuminati.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

This is Frank Reynolds right

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

way to be transphobic WJAR-TV

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

she is a beautiful lady and i would like to fondle her penis and balls

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

this is amazing

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO

It was a drive by fruiting!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why? I read the article and I still don't know why they used a fake old lady. Apparently the snow was fake too.

quote:

Snow seen in front of the senior center during the event was also apparently a pretense, according to the Providence Journal. The paper reports the “snow” was actually a pile of ice shavings from a nearby ice rink.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

Ok. I wasn't the only one.

• Locked thread