Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Whoa, that is a rough-looking interface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Does Pandemic have asynchronous multiplayer like Carcassonne?

Pass and play only.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Eschatos posted:

I figured out how to utterly break Ascension. Not something that's likely to happen in a real game, but combine Wandering Askara + Serpentcall or Temporal Eye/Tablet of Time's Dawn + Reclamax and Hedron Link Device along with a decent amount of draw and you can maintain an infinite combo of additional turns.

Got to nearly a thousand points before discovering that you can't stack up a dozen extra turns in a single turn, only one per turn.

http://www.pockettactics.com/features/the-most-epic-ascension-turn-in-pocket-tactics-history/

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

KamikazeJim posted:

These guys fuckin love Ascension for some reason. It's about as random as Deckbuilding gets, and we actually have better games on iOS like Dominion, Puzzle Strike and Tanto Cuore The Perpetual Game of The Month, but Ascension is still all the rage.

I really have no desire to play paper Ascension, but the game is pretty perfect for asynchronous multiplayer.

It's light and random, and there's just enough strategy per turn that you have to think about your play, but not so much that it takes up any real amount of your time. Fits nicely to play 4 or 5 turns at work. If things don't go your way and your opponent flops into a way superior hand, no biggie. They'll give you a remarch.

I've tried playing crunchier games a sync and there's just too much game state to re-remember and too much strategy to quickly make a play in between bouts of being a responsible adult, and nobody wants to be the player who constantly holds up everyone's turn.

The app is kinda ugly but it's solid behind the scenes where it matters.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Bottom Liner posted:

Don't support Kickstarter.

Things to support on Kickstarter:

Projects that you support that would not otherwise get made.
Projects that have rewards that you know would be impossible to get outside of the Kickstarter.
Projects that you just really want to give money to for some reason and don't care about rewards.

Things not to support on Kickstarter:

Everything else.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Yeah I wasn't very impressed with the game itself and the app is janky. The scoreboard cracks me up; it's somehow so slow that you can watch it load player names and score and then sort itself in realtime.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Man, Playdek has really taken a bit of a fall, hasn't it?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Rhaegar posted:

The Ascension DLC never goes on sale anymore. :(

I think Playdek got themselves in a bit of financial trouble with their idea to make a Kickstarter tactics game.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/8/10937186/development-has-stopped-on-unsung-story-studio-tells-kickstarter-donors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Is that the third developer now? What a shitshow.

• Locked thread