Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

cbirdsong posted:

I feel like Galaxy Trucker should be in Goon Favorites instead of Ascension. Ascension is a bad game with a great port. Galaxy Trucker has one of the best adaptations and is a fantastic game. The only mark against it is the clunky online play.

Edit: And Dominion deserves a mention along with all the horrible caveats about its model. It plays reasonably well even though it's insanely expensive and requires an internet connection.

The separate iPad and iPhone versions is a mark against it as well, but yeah, it's pretty great. I bought the iPad version when it first released and am unwilling to rebuy it on my phone. But if anyone wants to play on iPad I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Zigmidge posted:

I resent this thread title.

Yay! I win a point!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Hauki posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Star Realms iOS was a passable port. It definitely fills the same niche for me as Ascension although it's less painful to play in person, so the relative value of the app may be lower.

Yep. That app is totally fine. Let me know if you wanna play a few games. Same name as here.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Notorious QIG posted:

Reminder also that Ascension isn't meant to be played Dominion-style with all the expansions active at the same time. Run it in blocks (Chronicle/Return, Storm/Heroes, Vigil/Darkness, and Realms/Champions) and you'll have a much better time.

There you go, ftfy.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

jubelio posted:

app size limitations are still way off hahaha

Are they? The Hearthstone installer on iOS is a 1.04 GB download. I know most US carriers won't let you pull down a 50+ MB app over mobile data, but is there a limit in the AppStore itself to how big something can be for even wifi download?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Come back, Gerry P. Jon Bravespear!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Nybble posted:

IMO the game would still work without the cartoons, but I can totally see how it would turn people off or distract from those mechanics.

So what you're saying is that there might be a decent deckbuilding game buried somewhere inside Tanto Cuore? :q:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

TACD posted:

Baseball Highlights 2045 is out, for those who were keen! It's iPad only though.

…and offline only, evidently.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Fat Samurai posted:

Wait, no asynchronous play with random internet people? How's the AI?

Reportedly not very strong right now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

If anyone else in this thread (who isn't on the GroupMe) is playing Zeitgeist Royale right now, we have a clan for the board game goons because all half dozen general goon ones are full up. Befriend Fire Sauce on GameCenter and then PM me or post here for a clan invite.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Castles of Mad King Ludwig just dropped on iOS. Little buggy for me on an iPhone 6 (had to go to campaign to get into the tutorial) but I'm enjoying it

Can you confirm/deny that there is online multiplayer in that app? The app store description seems like it could go either way. It mentions Game Center support and says "challenge your friends" but then doesn't explicitly mention online. So that could be GC achievements and local "friend challenging". I'm not interested if there's no online, and $7 is too much to find out for myself.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

Any idea how Twilight Struggle runs on an original iPad mini? If it doesn't run well I'll just get it on Steam, but I'd prefer iOS. Similar things like Pandemic run just fine, but not sure since this is new and a smaller dev.

GroupMe people are reporting poor performance on iPad 3. The original Mini had iPad 2 guts. So you might wanna go Steam on this one.

Also, Playdek are about the biggest dev in iOS board games so not sure what you mean by smaller. Compared to whom? And TS is a bit more complicated than Pandemic as well.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Lord Wexia posted:

Any kickstarter backers still not get their code? I should have just waited for release rather than backing the kickstarter I guess.

Nope, and I was thinking the same thing. What a great reward for helping them get the project accomplished. I'm probably done with using Kickstarter as a preorder for something that's in no danger of not getting produced. gently caress this poo poo.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Funso Banjo posted:

There's not a lot of things I would say creepy anime is better than.

But Dominion base art would be one of them. Good game, awful awful art.

I respectfully disagree.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Fat Samurai posted:

Mails to Playdek support requesting refunds bouncing back is very fitting.

https://twitter.com/Playdek/status/757789269180030976

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

jeeves posted:

What's the brew-ha-ha about the TS kickstarter?

They couldn't actually deliver promised copies of the game to non-US backers.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

the panacea posted:

Anyone here who can give me an opinion on Heroes of Normandie?
It looks interesting but I don't want to waste 15 bucks.

Alex Connoly says it's a 5 out of 5. I haven't tried it personally.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

ChikoDemono posted:

Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small is available for $4.99. Expansion is $2.99

http://appshopper.com/games/agricola-all-creatures-big-and-small

Is this a personal endorsement of the app's quality or merely an announcement of the release?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

It was an error.

https://twitter.com/pockettactics/status/793815219432718337

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Well this could be interesting…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

jeeves posted:

Which board game apps allow for multiplayer over the internet? I'd love to play my friends some games, but most of them seem to only allow for like pass and play stuff. This makes sense, as you don't have to host servers or poo poo for pass and play, but it is disheartening because I'd love to play ReallyBadChess or such with friends remotely.

In addition to everything in the OP like Carc and all, Splendor was recently updated to add proper online.

• Locked thread