Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

ban talking about non-games

It would maybe be a good idea to at least make an effort to not turn the Vita thread into the second anime chat thread when there's already a perfectly good one in the anime forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

Yes. Typo.

No I'm not going to edit it.

I'm disappointed there hasn't been an anime remake of Baldur's Gate 1 released for the Vita, now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Midjack posted:

It's OK but I like the other Extreme VS games more.

Apparently it doesn't have any multiplayer? That's kind of a huge dealbreaker if true. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Anora posted:

Is there a place I can look through their eshop while not on a console?

You can just go to http://store.playstation.com/ and browse the PS store that way.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Baal posted:

Anyways, I finished Muramasa and overall the game was alright, but it suffers a lot from kind of overstaying its welcome. The combat is fun and fluid for a while, but you sort of get everything you need out of it very quickly and Momohime's side just has a lot of really bad or unfun boss fights. She as a character is also just not very interesting, she's just a waifish princess and Jinkuro is basically the actual character the story is centered around and even he never really receives a great amount of character. Kisuke's side is a lot better because he's just more proactive as a character and his side characters also just have more to them in general like Yuzuruha and Torahime. He's also just got better boss fights and it helps his last boss isn't some tired gimmick.

I liked the Momohime side of the story, so I'm glad to hear that Kisuke's side is even better. I should get around to doing his side.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

KomradeX posted:

How necessary are grips for the vita? I was listening to the Oddworld episode of Watch Out for Fireballs abs they mentioned it was a little difficult with out the L2 and R2 buttons, so I was wondering what you goons think of its worth getting?

Vita games mostly don't use the rear touchpad, and those that do have specific rear touchpad controls (instead of just mapping virtual buttons to areas of the touchpad), so this is only a concern if you're playing a lot of PSX games.

The L2/R2 grip is essentiually just a couple of rubber bits that hit the rear touchpad when you press the physical L2/R2 buttons, so it's entirely possible to play without one. I find it much more comfortable than playing the Vita without the grip regardless of whether or not I'm playing something that uses the L2/R2 "buttons," but I have big hands.

It's still Japan-exclusive and something you have to import at a high premium if you want those two extra buttons, though. Most Vita grips are just a plastic shell that makes it more comfortable to hold.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jan 26, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

KomradeX posted:

Okay so I was planning on picking up a bunch of the PSClassics so can I just map those buttons to the rear touch pad or will it be to tough to hit those while playing normally?

You can map them to the rear touchpad and it's relatively easy to hit those, yeah. It's just more convenient to have physical buttons, for me anyway.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Anora posted:

So Vita Mem cards are about as plentiful as fountains of youth near me. Do you need a mem card or does the Vita have a built in hard drive, like even just for saves of games from a disk?

You need a memory card. There's no on-board memory and cartridges can't hold data.

Amazon will have them if you're in a country where Amazon sends stuff. Ebay, too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Baal posted:

I'm gonna make some stuff for this thread's OP instead of another thread, how everyone's cool with that

:yeah:

I don't know why you'd remake the thread when you can just edit the OP. This thread is okay.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Portugal does not have its own Amazon instance

No, but most sellers on Amazon.fr or .co.uk will ship to Portugal, which is why he said "check the closest Amazon instance." :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

a variable titty girl

As long as she has gerwalk and battroid modes, it's all good.

The Colonel posted:

sweet, she looks cool

:same:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 28, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yechezkel posted:

Someone complained about how barebones Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force was. Well, more stuff is going to be added to it:

Thankfully, by the time it comes out over here, we'll have all this stuff built into it, and maybe they'll have managed to add online multiplayer in their Gundam multiplayer fighting game. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, I'm guessing that it's that factory resetting puts it in whatever state is causing the PS Store bug to occur.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I don't know how you can post in the Games anime chat thread and not recognise Nico's girlfriend.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Looper posted:

i don't recognize your av either :>

My av is not Nico's girlfriend, it's

https://a.pomf.cat/mybuix.webm

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Now I'm sad that NASA's HQ doesn't have the remains of the shuttle program built into it, that would be a pretty impressive-looking building.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Baal posted:

The speed looks fine yeah.

:same:

Game looks pretty good, I hope it gets released here.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
PSN is apparently down today, according to the trending news items list on Facebook.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

quote:

But part of what makes [Senran Kagura] stand out from some other similar titles is that, odd as it might seem, the storytelling – independent of the fanservice – respects the characters deeply. It cheers for their victories, salutes their resolve, applauds their cleverness, laughs along with their jokes, and sympathizes with their troubles. As a localizer, it’s on me to make sure all of that comes through in the English script, and to make it clear that, for all the creative camera angles and jiggle physics – “like two angry jellyfish having a fight in a rubber blouse,” as one reviewer put it – there are hearts and minds behind those angry jellyfish.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's from the latest XSeed localisation blog post, incidentally: http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/138508318880/senran-kagura-estival-versus-localization-blog

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

he's right

They are, but it's said in a way that is funny.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

The box on amazon says it has 1 gb of internal storage which seems unspeakably and absurdly tiny. So obviously if I want to get digital games and things in the future I want to buy an actual memory card. For now however I just want to play the physical version of Cold Steel, so I'm wondering if a memory card is a requirement to even play it or if I can wait to get one when I actually get around to buying other games.

There's no patch out yet, at least in Europe, so yes, that 1GB will probably hold your save.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Txn posted:

Well then, time to get the bundle while I can. Thanks.

Also, Grand Kingdom will launch on June 21th.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/694943874813300737

It's out on 17/06 in Europe, too: http://gematsu.com/2016/02/grand-kingdom-launches-june-21-north-america-june-17-europe

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

oblomov posted:

Edit: I am also bitter that 3DS is not region free. Thanks Reggie!

Fortunately, it's functionally region free if you take the 30 seconds needed to install homebrew. :v:

(But yes, it's incredibly dumb.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

oblomov posted:

Well.... time to do some research. For scientific purposes and not in any way to convert my old XL to region free homebrew to import KB6.

This thread contains good info, as well as people who can help you if you're stuck: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759546

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gabby_Jay posted:

How many buttons does it need? Can it be played with the vita sideways?

One, and a stick/d-pad, so conceivably yes.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I legit love that the start to nearly every Ys game involving Adol is "Adol got on a boat, and the boat wrecked somewhere cursed."

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mithaldu posted:

bootlegging is a hell of a drug

Why would you put Naoto in Mugi's place when Yukiko is the P4 equivalent of an ojou. :wtc:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, I wouldn't really call it a hunting game either. It's good, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bloodychill posted:

More cyberpunk is always welcome! This looks kinda neat.

It's really good, like a 2D, SNES-era Deus Ex. Bunch of bugs at launch in PC but those are fixed now, so hopefully the Vita version is free of them and runs well.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Joiseybot. :love:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

i just woke up

I can't believe Endorph got a fact about cute anime girls wrong.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's a shame we'll never get an English language release of KanColle, really.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PrinnySquadron posted:

I've got the game on the way along with taiko and that touhou dungeon crawler so i'll probs give a quick write-up. From what I've heard it's pretty much the browser game though.

Apparently the combat actually involves moving units around a hex map now. I do hope it's less grindy/time-based than the actual browser game, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Schrodingers cat posted:

This is vaguely reminding me of how the last thread ended.

The last thread didn't end because of people discussing a Japanese video game released on the Vita, though. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

This looks kind of fun, except for the costume break mechanic.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Takoluka posted:

If you're good at it, you'll never really experience that mechanic, and there's a special costume for each character that removes costume destruction altogether.

Yeah, it looks like you can just avoid entirely by not taking too much damage.

The numbering for the Neptunia games is confusing. I know that Re;Birth 1-3 are remakes of Neptunia, Neptunia Mk.2 and Neptunia Victory, but why is the next game in the series Neptunia VII? :confused:

e; VV

Takoluka posted:

It's Victory 2, or V Roman Numeral 2.

It needs a hyphen, then, because right now it's Neptunia 7. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 21, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motto posted:

Victory Gundam's a thing, but that's about it.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-178_Gundam_Mk-II :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

HGH posted:

EDIT: Oh it's a VN adaptation of an anime.

It's not, actually, it's an original story that runs in parallel with the anime, with game-specific characters.

Also, the Psycho-Pass anime is super good, so I really hope this VN is also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Pretty hilarious, but it's kind of a shame. :rip:

What are some actually good 3D beat 'em ups on the Vita, then? Musou games aside.