Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bloodychill posted:

At this point, the portion of people who want to buy Axiom Verge but couldn't play it on PS4 or PC has got to be pretty small.

I'd rather have it on a handheld and don't particularly feel the need to play it otherwise, personally. it'll probably be a ps+ game someday anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Any big rooms had super crazy slowdown. I actually managed to get it to basically completely freeze and just hitch forward every few seconds in the run below where I dared to have more than like 2 pets. That game barely ran on PC at times either though.

there was definitely slowdown on the vita version, but it's not spelunky ice caves levels or anything. it's also pretty inconsistent since I can go entire runs without slowdown sometimes. livable, but the vita version definitely isn't the best one. tho it wouldn't be even if it ran perfectly since afterbirth doesn't even have a release date for consoles/handhelds last I checked

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Megalixir posted:

They're discontinuing the Vita TV.

https://t.co/0pV1uqgXGz

I still mostly use mine over my Vita itself so i hope this doesn't lead people to dropping support entirely.

if sony isn't making them anymore, people aren't gonna make their games work on it either

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

has anyone tried the xcom vita port, which apparently exists and is out now? is the framerate ok? $20 is a pretty good price for it if the port isn't trash

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

darth cookie posted:

Trails in Cold Steel is on sale so I'm downloading it. How much am I going to regret this?

on psn? for how much?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

darth cookie posted:

I couldn't last through the voices. :rip: $30

oh I guess I should have refreshed the page when I found my vita's battery had died

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

also have you considered this handy feature I like to call "the volume down button"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how do you accidentally date anyone in persona 4

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

considering how cheap xcom is, I would be surprised if civrev were expensive. pretty happy that these didn't turn out to be vaperware either way

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cyber sleuth has monster fusion, which you may appreciate since you seem to like persona. bummed trails of cold steel isn't on sale

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Motto posted:

It's still a fairly recent game. It'll probably have at least a minor sale around when II comes out though.

cyber sleuth was released months later, so

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the dlc you got for buying in early isn't particularly worth getting if it's not free, so I wouldn't worry about it if it's not available anymore. the game's really fun but the dlc isn't anything to write home about

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Even COD is dead now.

tf2 seems fine and it's going on 9 years old. going to the vita for multiplayer just seems like a mistake in general

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Dunno, Killzone is still doing alright, probably has more players than KZ Shadow Fall does :v:

well, when you're the one competant shooter on the platform I guess you'd have to retain a usebase because those people dn't have anywhere else to go

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

binding of isaac and spelunky are good podcast games since they have no dialogue and are designed for replaying

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Baal posted:

I'm preordering from Japan, idgaf about your babby spoilers american waiters

dang, guess I'll have to baal on the thread after the japanese launch

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it'll be solid but not particularly noteworthy and most people will forget about it within a year imo

the most notable thing about it is how mad it made lame people

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dang, trails of cold steel comes with a nice case and an art book? that's neat

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well trails of cold steel is on sale on psn for half the price that I paid for it last week, but I did get a nice case and cool art book so I can't complain

also the game seems cool so far, tho I haven't played it much yet because overwatch

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trails of cold steel is cool but I can't wait to get past this nord highlands segment because gaius is kinda dull

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Gaius is my friend.

he's a nice guy but he has nothing interesting to base an entire area around just him and his family

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I get why I'm here, I'm saying it's boring

the other areas had a lot more going on than this one. it doesn't help that they set up more interesting things right before I came here

day 2 will probably have more going on but day 1 hasn't really set up much anything

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

xseed should put their entire staff on cold steel 2 so that I can buy it as soon as I finish cold steel 1

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ok what the gently caress is this poo poo at the end of chapter 6 in trails of cold steel

did they run out of money or what

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's a real bummer

it's like a whole chapter is reduced to a slideshow

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only people that are ever gonna buy one for a vita was probably gonna do it anyway so why bother lowering the price

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

friends, does cold steel get...faster? i'm in my second day at Celdic and this game feels like it takes gd forever to do anything. combat animations, cutscenes...i feel like i've hardly done a thing and it's been five hours.

I'm in the last dungeon and I can confidently say that no it doesn't. it's a really slow burn

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Could be the Vita framerate making it more sluggish. I played Cold Steel on the PS3 and even that could be a bit sluggish at times so I'd imagine the Vita version would have it worse.

the framerate only ever suffered for me during the school festival

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 31, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that sounds like someone ran it through google translate

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

i dont mean the word 'azure,' i mean the word 'nights'

the sky is blue at night

I don't see the problem here

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is there a more specific release date for trails of cold steel 2 than "fall 2016"?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

finally beat cold steel after about ~70 hours of ingame time, and I like the part near the end where it turns into an episode of gundam. or maybe code geass, I remember those mechs being kinda like these ones with the heelys

it's a cool game and I liked it a lot. hopefully the sequel is actually out in fall like they say it is because I wanna play it soon

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 17, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o that's cool, plus I can jump right into it after beating deus ex

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Andrast posted:

I'm not sure I believe physical vita games exist

I bought trails of cold steel physically for the case and art book

also I don't want to spend $100 on a memory card so

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

more people know what persona is than most of the other ones, plus it's still one of the best games available on the platform

Pureauthor posted:

DQ7, then SMT4Apoc soon as well.

aw man I totally forgot about the smt4 sequel. gonna have to pick that up too

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nyeehg posted:

Why not get both?

Saint Freak posted:

If you have played Trails of Cold Steel wait all of like 4 days and get Cold Steel 2

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I would think that people are gonna be more upset that their $100+ imported card broke than they would any of the other ones

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

drat, Cold Steel 2 is already out?? On to VGP to import mine.

came out today

I was gonna go pick up a copy but forgot rip

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Considering the next Zone of the Enders game was going to be some weird thing where you played as demon in feudal Japan it isn't like Zombies of the Enders would be that much different.

I wish that game had been made

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Baal posted:

This is the Digimon game that's getting a dub btw, not the one that everyone liked and had fun playing

it's probably getting a dub because people liked cyber sleuth so much

so it'll be funny when nobody likes this one because it's digimon world and poor sales cause the real follow up to cs to never leave japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

al-azad posted:

Digimon World is a name that actually sells.

to who