Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
My 3DS is going in for repairs, and I found out my local used game shop is selling Vitas for like $140. What do I need to know about the system before I jump in? like, are memory cards just SD cards, do I need PSN+, does the screen crack easy, battery life?

Main question though, If I wanted to spend roughly $20 on games, what would be some good choices? I would be fine with anything non-sport/racing, and would prefer stuff with extended single player modes that do not require Wi-fi.

I saw the Sly Cooper collection for $15 at a local Wal-mart, is that a good price or did they gently caress it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

MotU posted:

i dont know about any vita games that are good that dont feature anime or anime babes so i cant help you there

I am not afraid of anime, any type of single player game is fine.

How expensive are the Mem cards?

Is there a place I can look through their eshop while not on a console?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
looking at that shop, how is Disgaea 4? I liked the first one, but I heard they get worse as time goes on.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So Vita Mem cards are about as plentiful as fountains of youth near me. Do you need a mem card or does the Vita have a built in hard drive, like even just for saves of games from a disk?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Ugh, got an 8 bit mem card headed to my local Game stop for roughly $20. Why the gently caress are these things so expensive?

Also are Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars any good?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Policenaut posted:

Soul Sacrifice Delta is arguably the best hunting action game on the platform. Freedom Wars is fun but marred by a really slow start and probably one of the worst hunting action crafting systems.

Is Delta the same as the one that just says "Soul Sacrifice"?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Found out my Vita had a 4gig in the slot, so yay, course now I can't connect to the store.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So got 20$ on the PSN and noticed that Square is having a sale including Legend of Mana, when reading the description it says it plays on PS3 and PSP, but does not mention the Vita, will it work on the Vita?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah, I'm guessing that it's that factory resetting puts it in whatever state is causing the PS Store bug to occur.

I just bought mine used (and used consoles are usually factory reset), like 3 days ago, and after one day it was fine. I think you just have to keep trying it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Colonel posted:

he's not an amazing artist, but he has a cool style and he's competent, if a bit ridiculous

his ridiculous designs are never in a position where they actually bother me, so i don't have any problems

Didn't he also make Yozakura Quartet? Those designs were pretty good. It seems like after the titty Gradius like games he went a little nuts with the fanservice.

Also, which of the Final Fantasies on Vita don't run like rear end? I want to pick up 6 and 7 (maybe), and after hearing about the weird load times in a few of them, I'm now a bit reserved about jumping in.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I saw somewhere that turning the system off and then on again can let you browse the shop, which worked for me.

And BoF4 is on the shop? I thought you all said it wasn't?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looks like Atlus has 4 games on sale, Gungnir, Hexyz Force, Riviera, and Yggdra Union. How are they? I've played Riviera on the GBA and it was not great, but not terrible. I've heard of Yggdra Union, but know about it past it's name.

How does the system handle switching data from one Vita Memory card to another? I don't mind losing the game data, as I can just re-download it, but how does it handle saves, like can I use a regular SD card to hold the saves, is there a slot for that?

Is there a way to back up a save game and then delete the game itself? I know on the 3DS if you delete a game it asks you if you want to make a save back up, but when I tried to delete the Demo for the Dungeon Travelers 2 game, it said it would delete the save as well.

And what is that second slot in the top for? One is obviously for the vita games, but there's a second tiny slot that I don't have the system manual to know what it does.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
BoF4 is so awesome, just FYI. It's super great. It's also nice to harken back to the JRPG days when they weren't trying to jam titties in your face 24/7.

Found a 16 gig card at Best Buy for $60, and was going to grab that today. However the "Evil Wal-mart" had two 8 gigs on sale for $20. So, that was awesome, now I just need to transfer my data from the 4 gig to the 8. I need to look up the process to do the PS3 transfer, but today was an okay day. Can you just swap mem cards out, I assume I have to turn the system totally off to do so, but are there any caveats I need to know about?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Takoluka posted:

Does Trillion look good? I want to preorder it, but I feel like I should know better with IF/CH at this point (save for Nep).

How (and what) are the Neptunia games? I have basically no idea about what they are, yet there are like 10 out already. Are they actually good, or is it just a series that has survived based on Titties alone?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I just noticed how many there were in the store while I was browsing the RPG category, and was wondering if I was missing a hidden gem or something.

Is the Chrono Trigger on Vita a decent port, or should I look elsewhere? I need to eventually play it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

h_double posted:

It's been my go-to RPG for the past month or so and I like it a lot. It's easy to ignore the dippy fanservice after a few hours, and it really scratches that Wizardry / Might & Magic itch for me, plus modern quality of life improvements like automap. It's a big game too; I've sunk a ton of hours into it already, just recently unlocked the 3rd class for my main party, and by all indicators still have a sizable chunk of game ahead of me.

Yeah, I picked it up after I played the Demo, because it looked like Etrian Odyssey, and EO4 was pretty cool. Well, it was until a later boss just up and one shot my party.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
DT2 has been pretty fun so far, I'm at Mostar right now, and it's starting to up the difficulty on the mobs, but at least people other then the two character you get at the start can do damage now. In terms of leveling characters what are the best classes or abilities I should be focusing on now?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
In DT 2, are there any way to respec other then a level reset, and can you change your class if you reset below the change level?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Stanos posted:

No and it depends. It resets everything when you level reset (including magical skill garnish and subevent stats) to base so if you reset to 1 you can't class change until 15/30 but if you reset at 50 you keep all the skill points up to 50 and can do both class changes.

Hmmm, I guess I have to live with my horrible choices then.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What do you mean by "Lack of stuff to do?" There's always something to do in MH. Fishing, farming, hunting, mining, crafting and killing. It can get Tedious, but you're never at a loss for stuff to do.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

NESguerilla posted:

I guess it's that I like them on paper that bugs me. I like the look of most of them, I like hitting stuff with swords, I like customizing my guy. When I actually play them I feel so bored though. The most I've ever put into one was the most recent MH, which was probably 6 hours. Maybe they hit a point where they feel more engaging, but after I put a few hours in I feel like I should be somewhat invested but I'm just bored.

Okay, I get what you're saying now. And yeah, MH types are usually super slow at the start, and pick up heavily the more time you invest. I feel like 6 hours is kind of only skimming the surface of those types of game. Usually by hour 20 or so you've set up a farm that automatically gives you items so you don't need to farm all that much any more and completed the first major armor/weapon that will push you over a hurdle boss, and then you're just running around carving monster up left and right.

It's not the hardest genre to get into, but I totally understand when people can't get through the slowness of the start up.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

RanKizama posted:

Yes. IV loving blows though.

4 starts off pretty slow, but really kicks it into gear once you hit the Empire areas.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Saoshyant posted:

Yeah, all three of them.

Doesn't DT add like 10 people just for how much he loves them (or at least Dai).

That said, I first found out about SK because of street passing on my 3DS, some weirdo who went into a McDonald's kept popping up on my list with that as his last played game.

Course now I'm the weirdo that has it, so, yeah...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
How is Dragon's Crown? I noticed it's on the store for $15.

Is it like Odin's Sphere or Muramasa?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is there a way to keep saves if you delete a game from a memory card?

Also I just picked up Plus and have been playing Oreshika, and it's really fun. Is there anything I should know going in? I've just had my 3 starters die due to old age, so I'm not that far.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

numerrik posted:

So you are saying I need to buy senran kagura bon appetit now?

It's part of the Flash Sale. For 5.99. How much is your dignity/bikinis worth to you?

I sold mine long ago

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Has anyone tried Actual Sunlight?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Which game should I play to completion before I start another

Digimon Cyber Sleuth

It;s a fairly short RPG, with a lot of Depth/time sink in the Digivolving mechanic, so you can complete it in like 30 to 40 hours and move on. And to make it go a bit faster/easier figure out how to make these Digimon as soon as possible:

Lilithmon, Mastemon, Ulforce Veedamon, WarGreymon

Some of those aren't available until late game, but they pack a punch. Also look out for Sakuyamon, who is easy to get early and can cancel enemy buffs with her special skill, which has helped me on a lot of bosses.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Soul Sacrifice Delta is absolutely amazing, and unlike the few MH games I've played, the story is really good. Even the side stores are compelling, and have some insane twists, that really only work in that world, but actually do work. The Werewolf story is the big one that comes to mind.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Did they just get rid of the "Weekly Deals" section of the Vita Store?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

ImpAtom posted:

Mana Khemia is literally an Atelier game. Each Atelier game is titled Project A(#) where MK is A9. MK2 is A10, Rorona is A11, ect. Firis is A18.

Oh... MK is an Atelier game?

whelp, guess I need to start picking them up.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Really, that was your best? Not "#browns" Or is that the hash tag for making GBS threads yourself?

I guess it kind of works both ways in the tweet "Went to McDonald's this morning, ordered a combo, got #browns"

In non-breakfast related topics, which of the Sting games are less aggravating, and is the Growlancer game that's on sale any good?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looks like Stranger in Sword City Revisited is out, but is P4G the better choice, especially at $15?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Didn't the Vita out perform the Wii U as well?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Speaking as someone who owns both that Wii U and Vita. The Vita kicks the Wii U's rear end. Maybe not in graphics or horse power, but title selection, deals, accessibility, and features.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
"Battleborn Trial" what does that mean? Isn't that game F2P right now?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Saint Freak posted:

Those are the 10 vita games that exist, yes.

Without anime tits at least.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Last year I saved over a hundred just from Plus sales, so, I'm still keeping it, but losing the Vita games suuuucks.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If I could only play one, would Stranger in Sword City or Demon's Gaze be a better choice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Picked up both Demon's Gaze and Stranger, couple questions:

Guess I need to grind right at the start?
Are there supposed to be level 17 enemies dropping in M.o.Metal after the tutorial? Cause gently caress.