Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I have been playing FFT on my Vita lately. It is a good game with strong muscular women and soft pretty men but also lots of other kinds of men and women and colored birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
"saw X posts" were poo poo posts though. Kewpuh's big rule was not to be a creep and I know I saw occasional creep posts and didn't report them because "vita thread" and I doubt I was alone.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I can say that 15 year old me would have seen Senran and thought "ninjas and silly stories and boobs, this is my poo poo" so other than occasionally ribbing, I'm not going to judge.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

"Article writer defends Ubisoft's tepid bullshit, can eat a bag of dicks" is how I read that.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
At this point, the portion of people who want to buy Axiom Verge but couldn't play it on PS4 or PC has got to be pretty small.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Rusty Kettle posted:

Broken vita status: I can connect to the store about 25% of the time when I restore the database. But then I get timeout issues about 5 seconds after I try to look at my download history, meaning I can only look at the first twenty entries or so. Most of those are things I cannot download on a vita anyway. Why list poo poo you cannot download? It does no one any good.

Also the 'Download to my vita' button on the web store seems to do nothing.

Is anyone at Sony fixing this or are they just tossing the platform in the garbage?

I haven't had problems like this. Your vita may be messed up. If it's under warranty try to get a replacement.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The 8GB card might as well be considered the bare minimum and I recommend getting a 32GB if you're fine with going all or near-all-digital. The good news on that front is that Sony's digital stuff is very well-done with the only major problem being that your owned title list (where you can download stuff you bought in the past) can become so big that it is nearly unmanageable because it includes games you own that you can't play on your Vita like PS3 and PS4 games.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Compared to Nintendo's stuff, it's brilliant. The Vita store front is also just very straight-forward and easy to use, probably because being a dead console, it hasn't gotten clusterfucked by marketing people.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Saoshyant posted:

I dunno about you, but my download list in both the 3DS and U are pretty all right and I own tons of digital stuff. And I can buy things without a $5 / 5€ spending minimum.

The download list on my 3DS is fine but downloading DLC on many Nintendo games on both the 3DS and the WiiU is a pain in the rear end. For example, someone already mentioned Theatrythm which is comically terrible but I've also found the estore on WiiU doesn't know if I've downloaded DLC or not. First noticed with Pikmin 3 and ran into it again with Mario Cart 8.

From a usability standpoint, the estore is incredibly sluggish.

If you lose your 3DS or it is stolen, reclaiming your account and downloads is far more of a pain in the rear end than it should be because purchases are tied to the device.

Basically, the only thing that is flat-out bad about PSN is the download list but for Nintendo there is a host of annoying things.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Autocorrect just destroyed my gaming cred :smith:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

ddogflex posted:

You're a loving disgrace.

e: I totally agree with your original point to actually add to this conversation or something. The list on Vita is absurd. How hard is it for them to add a goddamned filter to filter out things it can't play. Beyond that it's waaaayyy better than the eshop though.

No doubt, it's very dumb and was poor design from the get-go. To make matters worse, I've been running into a weird issue lately where if I try to scroll too quickly through that list, I'll get a network error and have to start from the top again. I'm approaching the point where I think there are around 400 entries on that list so it's... really annoying.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Playing a mediocre shooter to experience an atrocity of a story seems like par for the course around these parts.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Video games are pretty cool when they are fun and good.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Endorph posted:

sometimes people like video games that you don't think are fun or good, because they think they are fun and good.

That's fine when they don't come out with sarcastic swings about how we all don't know how to appreciate their game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

noirstronaut posted:

i'm kinda curious: is anything better with less titties? like remove the titties from what we have and it doesn't seem any better.

The Senran rhythm game would have been better without the ice cream scenes after every time you ace a song. In a game that already feels terribly gratuitous with the titties, those were pretty skeevy while adding yet another screen to load inbetween songs.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Vita makes fun of VR but then it turns out smell-o-vision is part of Sony's plan, Persona 4: Panty Raid is going to be a day one title, and suddenly the shoe is on the other foot.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Stux posted:

what vita anime game girls would smoke weed? would nep? would any of the SKs?

i think chie would smoke big weeds imo. seems like she would have a kick rear end dragon bong sitting around at home.

thoughts?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Yes, yes it is. Thread needs an SD card port for sure.

Midjack posted:

Is there a PS Import thread? The last one got archived off and I don't see one anywhere.

If you can't fine one, make one!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The White Dragon posted:

So when does Breath of Fire 3 come to the online store in the US? I would've thought it'd happen almost instantly since it's just a matter of setting up the store page on account of it's already being sold in the EU.

Wondering the same. Hour one buy!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I honestly can't remember the last time they put up a Vita game for pre-order, but then, all I buy for it these days are falcom rpg's, indie platformers, and psx re-releases.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Whether or not you like golf, get Hot Shots Golf also because it is amazing.

Has anyone played Crypt of the Necrodancer yet on Vita? Wondering if it performs fine.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Muscle lady misogyny and constant anime shitposts got the last thread nuked. Why doesn't epitasis or The Colonel make an anime in games chat thread or something?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Really Pants posted:

talk about hopping into the closest dumpster

I'm sick of anime best girl chat and "what is epitasis watching on crunchy roll right now" soliloquies.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Yes, that is my avatar. What's your point?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Junpei Hyde posted:

It's a good av. I like your av.

Thanks, your av is pretty cool too!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Junpei Hyde posted:

I updated the OP with a new rule so hopefully this mess can be sorted out.

lets hang out posted:

⌒゚(σ_σ)゚⌒

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Endorph posted:

ill take epistatis watching snafu over debates over whether or not persona 4 is anime

Ugh I'm forced to agree but only because the latter will always be 10 pages of diarrhea on the wall and the former is a nice little easily-ignored cat poop that just barely missed the litter box.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Endorph posted:

i dont really get why epistatis going 'i like x anime' is so offensive to you

i can get thinking it's off-topic but idk why it'd actively annoy you

It mildly annoys me because it's off topic and there's a whole subforum dedicated to it that afaik is very active.

But also, epitasis shouldn't have fun while I'm stuck at work not having any.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
To be fair, FF5 and 6 are totally playable on the Vita. They just have noticeable lag when going into the menus and a handful of other important things. It's annoying as hell but I've played and beaten both of them that way cuz portable FF. Oh also FF5 has the dry, boring PSX translation. I'm really selling this aren't I.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Anora posted:

I saw somewhere that turning the system off and then on again can let you browse the shop, which worked for me.

And BoF4 is on the shop? I thought you all said it wasn't?

BoF4 has been on the US shop for a long time but is not on the EU shop. Conversely, BoF3 has been available on the EU shop for a long time and is not available on the US shop... Until some time this month supposedly.

e: grammar

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 3, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Legacy of Legend of Legacy of Legendary Legends (Who are Heroes)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
If I had to guess, I think the firmware update caused some PSN network request failures to not only occur but keep trying over and over after each failure and you have to reset the drat thing to get it to stop. It's similar to the same reason your cell phone will drain a lot more at 1 bar than usual. Those requests eat up cycles like crazy.

The weird part is that it's only happening to some people and not others.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Endorph posted:

dt es fresco, y es mi amigo

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Shiren looks cool. I'm excited to have another good Vita game since the thing has just been my golf/psp rpg system for a while now.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Midjack posted:

Wanna fly Miku Airways.

There will be a Mile High Miku Club vinyl fig.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Never forget, never not nep.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - I miss the Badman series and I'm sorta sad it's sorta done. The puzzle game was ok but didn't grab me like the three main entries did. Seems like it could use the touch screen too for new pick abilities or moving special monsters around.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Skeezy posted:

I bought Breath of Fire 3 and for some reason it's telling me that I have insufficient space on my new 32gb card :/

Should I be worried here or what???

It sounds like you already are. Also that's weird and you should format it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Policenaut posted:

Just finally finished Cold Steel, good lord Falcom sure as hell knows how to do an ending because I'm now dying to know just where the story goes after everything went wrong all at once. Gonna suck to wait like an entire year or so for the sequel! A quick question thoug: what's Nightmare difficulty like? Right now im thinking of either starting Cyber Sleuth or speed running Cold Steel on NG+ Nightmare to get the trophies I missed the first time around (I.e. School dance garbage) and get my platinum, but if it's going to be like a fifty hour slog even with the fast forward on I'll just go be a digi-tamer.

Digimon, digital monsters, Digimon are the champions!

Ugh I'm afraid to start Cold Steel because I'm afraid it's going to be other TitS1 situation where I want that sequel so hard and it's ages away.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Print that on the back of the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Schrodingers cat posted:

DEX Coming to vita.... it's been a slow week-end.

More cyberpunk is always welcome! This looks kinda neat.

Endorph posted:

on the other hand there are some translations that are worth criticizing and i dont think boiling it down to that is really smart

It's not an either/or but the notion that censorship with localization thing is some new terrible thing is naive and silly. Overall, I think the industry is a lot better about it than they used to be. NoA in particular has mostly kept censorship to the sexualization of underaged girls, which is a smart localization shift.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 15, 2016