Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Apparently we're throwing a party. Glad my roommate told me today so I can make sure this isn't a lovely party with lovely food.

I may dive into some recipes, but I'm thinking of smoking a pork shoulder and making some texas style chili w/ cornbread for the guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

C-Euro posted:

I got invited to a party just now so I guess I need to think of something to bring. I've made this for a few tailgates here before and it's pretty popular-

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/2 cup parmesan
6 oz cream cheese
Pizza cheese
Tomato Sauce
Pepperoni (or whatever else you like to put on a pizza)

Heat the first four items on the stove over medium-low, stirring constantly to make sure it all blends together smoothly. Pour into small baking pan and spread out evenly. Cover with layer of tomato sauce, then cheese and toppings as desired. Bake at 450F until bubbling (probably 10-12 minutes). Best eaten with little bread slices but sturdy chips are probably OK.

The only problem is that you have to eat it while it's still warm, but that's never been an issue for us.

Dude, eat that poo poo with garlic bread.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
So, I started my two 8 pound pork butts at 11:00AM, I just finished shredding them. So glad I decided to do it a day ahead of time and reheat because I would have had some unhappy guests tomorrow.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

FizFashizzle posted:

Just pulled mine, sauced it up and tossed it into the slow cooker. Gonna keep that puppy there for oh I dunno another eight hours.

20 total hours cook time.

Yeah, I'm throwing mine back in the oven here around 3:30 and going to reheat it at like 180 for 2 hours.

• Locked thread