Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you choose Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle
I chose you, Bulbasaur
I chose you, Charmander
I chose you, Squirtle
View Results

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
always venusaur even if blastoise meant getting to smoke a hundred stupid rear end other kids charizards in link battles i just like the weedlord dinosaur frog too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
kind of cool to see all the poo poo they're doing for the 20th anniversary, including ports of red/blue/yellow coming to 3ds with wifi support of battles and trades

it'll be fun to buy a same thing again somehow, the future is really hosed up but true

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ChairmanMeow posted:

my pokemons, let me show them to you

yes that's potato chips, I'm american
these are all um legit

those aren't all really shiny are they which method do you use? the whole idea of having them be rare or special is weird because we're always replacing one game with a remake with a new game with a new remake

which game do you store them all on and why? also mew is free on wifi in february get fukt

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

some guy in this thread did not just call bulbasaur a loving frog

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dude silver/gold was out of loving control. Day night cycles, rematches, a decent exp share
Breeding, etc

An entire region with new pokes and new gyms and when you beat it you get to go through gen 1 and steam roll it???

Then you can beat Red at the top of mount silver who had lv80 pokemon

Silver/gold was like a loving fever dream some kid at your school lied about "you get new Pokemon and new bikes and after you beat the game you can go BACK to the entire first generation and you can fight Ash" but it was all true

Gen 2 was magical poo poo.

the whole identity of 'im an old guy obsessed with my childhood and i only believe 151 pokemon exist to this day' just means they never had any bucks in their jorts when gen 2 came out, it really was just a direct continuation of the game with some new cool stuff, i think almost all of the additional pokemon were even designed by the same original dudes who didn't have 24/7 coke money yet either and still enjoyed the project

gen 3 however was really lovely in character and map design both, and if you like it or get nostalgic about it grats on being younger than me and living longer, idiots

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

I'm still disappointed they haven't ever done that again. Gen 3 map sucked with way too much loving water features and I stubbornly refused to believe they didn't load gen 2 and gen 1 regions into the game until the bitter end. Gen 3 was game boy advance wasn't it??

yeh it was the first and only gen on the gba, which is sad because the gba loving owned but bad decisions don't, also the remakes of gold silver already sell for more than they did new, so the world knows we're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

FIRST TIME posted:

The stupidest poo poo in those games is the whole HM thing. Like that's cool that they let you gradually let you unlock the map with moves you had to get in certain ways but making them moves that you had to teach your Pokemon and then they could never be forgotten was mindbogglingly dumb.

Yeah, sure I want to drag an otherwise useless Pokemon around just so I can cut down a stupid tree or see in a cave.

it's definitely a dumb concept because most of the HMs have no place in battles so you are mostly wasting a pokemon, but the reason i'm fine with it is is because if you're not bad you still beat every pokemon game ever with 5, because it is literally for kids

• Locked thread