Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you choose Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle
I chose you, Bulbasaur
I chose you, Charmander
I chose you, Squirtle
View Results

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Venasaur first time. First poke to hit l100.

Vine whip and razor leaf were so loving strong.

I can't remember if I chose hitmonchan or hitmonlee, prob -lee until I found out that -chan could learn a ton of elemental punches (ice punch, fire punch etc)

I guess dome fossil for the kabuto

And for eevee I think jolteon cause I didn't have a electric Pokemon. Even though jolteon sucked a ton. Maybe flareon. drat op. It was like 15 years ago. I don't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
some guy in this thread did not just call bulbasaur a loving frog

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I taught my lv100 bulbasaur CUT like an idiot

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You couldn't forget hm moves in gen 1 I thought

I don't remember poo poo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Business Gorillas posted:

Change your name to Bulbous gently caress Frog

Pretty good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My lv100 mewtwo that steamrolled all of stadium with psychic is lost to the rivers of time

Same
For that 100 venasaur

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
New Pokemon games need a speed up system like bravely default or the ff7 ps4 release with no encounters and triple speed at will

loving grindy poo poo is too much in 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ChairmanMeow posted:

or something different, how many times can you play the same game

True I don't think I've finished anything past gen 2

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

October Revolution posted:

Now if you were to ask me about Pokemon Silver..... Because I went about as hard as a 7 year old could with that one

Dude silver/gold was out of loving control. Day night cycles, rematches, a decent exp share
Breeding, etc

An entire region with new pokes and new gyms and when you beat it you get to go through gen 1 and steam roll it???

Then you can beat Red at the top of mount silver who had lv80 pokemon

Silver/gold was like a loving fever dream some kid at your school lied about "you get new Pokemon and new bikes and after you beat the game you can go BACK to the entire first generation and you can fight Ash" but it was all true

Gen 2 was magical poo poo.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

extra stout posted:

the whole identity of 'im an old guy obsessed with my childhood and i only believe 151 pokemon exist to this day' just means they never had any bucks in their jorts when gen 2 came out, it really was just a direct continuation of the game with some new cool stuff, i think almost all of the additional pokemon were even designed by the same original dudes who didn't have 24/7 coke money yet either and still enjoyed the project

gen 3 however was really lovely in character and map design both, and if you like it or get nostalgic about it grats on being younger than me and living longer, idiots

I'm still disappointed they haven't ever done that again. Gen 3 map sucked with way too much loving water features and I stubbornly refused to believe they didn't load gen 2 and gen 1 regions into the game until the bitter end. Gen 3 was game boy advance wasn't it??

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's prett hosed up they had a gameboy emulator cart for the snes and GameCube but not the n64

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
They should have ghost fighting psychic starters or something idk wtf

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Gastly, Abra, Jigglytuff

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

HJE-Cobra posted:

Here's venusaur's battle sprite for the player's side

What is depicted here. This isn't a pokemon, it's a salad.

Toxic body slam/earthquake razor leaf solarbeam

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Grass moves were really good

Leech seed, vine whip, razor leaf, gigadrain, solar beam

Water moves sucked because They were all outclassed by Surf.

Hydropump was cool but super late. Like lv38?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nothing like grinding out that butterfree to steamroll Brock to get your heart racing. :whitewater:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Tfw you finally catch a scyther and find out it loving blows

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Paras is your hm slave

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
•RIP Cooby ⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The only thing that matters is almost all the strengths and weaknesses are intuitive so when newer games or whatever try to pull some dumb poo poo like ice is actually strong against fire they can get hosed

• Locked thread