Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I woke up today with a little bit of a head cold. I don't get sick very often as I'm a bastion of health and my body is a temple, so it was kind of a shocker. Also, typically a blazing hot shower and maybe some tea and I'm good.

This one was annoying though. I sat in the steam and it didn't seem to clear me up at all. Afterwards I went to my couch to sulk about it and remembered something. I have a neti pot!

For those who don't irrigate a neti pot is basically a small pot with a long stem. You fill it with body temp water, some salt solution and pour it into your nose to fill your sinuses. Then you blow out the water along with all the crud that's stuck up I'm there. Do the other side next. Repeat as needed.

So do any other goons irrigate?

Here's some depictions on how an everyday normal person would use a neti pot:

And

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

mdm posted:

fun fact there is a use for a drug called "pseudoephedrine" or "pseudo" as it's known in the Streets that isn't the illicit manufacture of methamphetamines, and it's much more useful than a neti pot

I'm not street smart. I'd probably get robbed buying this stuff.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Incomplete Fish posted:

neti pots own

i like to use them when i throw up and it goes out my nose

gets all the puke out

It's fun too see what's all up in there. Like today, the source of my problems was a couple of goldfish crackers. Parmesan.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Urban legend. Next thing you'll tell me is that ear wax candles don't work or the body doesn't have humors.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Lotta guinea pigs for big pharma itt.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

radiatinglines posted:

r u guys saying people don't use tap water with these and that the dirty goons potentially reading this thread wouldn't think tap water was fine?

Tbh not putting that you gotta use distilled water in your post is p irresponsible of you op

I use tap water cause I ain't no beta bitch!!!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

FrankieGoes posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you.

Molentik posted:

Post Nasal Depression.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Myron Baloney posted:

Afrin addicts are the saddest thing.

I had a friend bring twenty bottles of Afrin to Iraq and would get more sent out to him. Lol.

Microwaves Mom posted:

you can get a brain bacteria that kills you from a neti pot.

Sorry I'm bidding in an auction and its getting close to the end. Little tense. :(

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I have a low grade fever now. Do you guys think its the amoebas? drat this machismo!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Definitely 'meebas.

FML. First I lose my auction and now meebs. I hate Mondays.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Microwaves Mom posted:

What was the auction for?

I don't really want to talk about it anymore. I just want to rest and collect my thoughts. I may not have long due to these parasites and what's a piece of art anyways? We're all just motes of skin flakes on Gods filthy coffee table. Know what I mean? Sigh.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Microwaves Mom posted:

What if I told you if you told me what you bid and lost on I could get it for you.

It doesn't matter. I think i can feel these meebs eating my cerebral cortex right now.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Microwaves Mom posted:

What if art would cure them?

I don't think it will. Naem just painted me a weasel and though stunning and original, it didn't help.

I think I'm going to use the neti pot again to see if I can flush these hitchhikers out. I just sneezed up a wad of gunk. Wish me luck. Neti pots are cool!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Trip report: just used my neti pot again and got a lot of yellow green snot out. Head feels clearer. I'm calmer. More focused. Think the meebs got flushed out too. 5 stars.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Do you think there's a YouTube demand signal for neti pot vids? Spraying boogers? There's gotta be. :barf:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Jukeboxblues posted:

Maybe they ate the part that limits your brain to only using 10% of its power. Try levitating your neti pot or casting ice magic to find out!

They gave me a magic missle ifyaknowwhatimean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
^^me irl^^^

Had a good neti this morning. Not dead from meebs yet. Hopefully it's the last day of this head cold. Wonder what else I can irrigate?

• Locked thread