Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Serious Frolicking posted:

yeah, but that is a situation with a lot of money and drugs involved. this is a random nutjob who complained about getting a ticket. nothing about him was worth going through the effort of a cover up. no one would question if cops shot and killed a local crazy with a very public history of ranting about cops. they could have killed him at any time with no consequences, but no it was all a big conspiracy to step on an ant.
yeah, there's long history of PDs being corrupt and coming up with rube goldberg schemes and poo poo in the past--usually involving shitton of money and things. this is mostly just a crazy dude who did get ire from them and likely some of the poo poo he said is probably true (no way of ever proving it) though mostly just reads like schizophrenic nutjob leaps of logic and false connections.

on the other hand, Fresno is a shithole and i wouldnt be surprised if the PD was getting bored of raiding meth houses that they were messing with him. i doubt they actually killed him via stabbing and arson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Moral of the story: Don't live in Fresno San Joaquin Valley

fixed that for you because bakersfield/modesto/stockton are just as bad if not worse

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tarkus posted:

They don't do that here because from what I know, it's considered Entrapment.

Entrapment is misunderstood but that's not entrapment. Entrapment would be like a cop going up and saying: here, drink this whole bottle of booze or else, ok now drive home or else we're going to arrest you for loitering *arrests them for dui* or something like that. poor example but basically they have to be complicit in inducing a crime they wouldn't have otherwise committed.

anyways I had looked this up a few days ago on fresnomedia and such but it doesn't look like there's any updates nor will there be. dudes dead, thats the end. maybe they'll arrest his crackhead tenant on suspicion of murder+arson sometime down the road, or maybe they won't. who knows.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

RoxiesMD posted:

I'm sorry for the bump but has anyone heard more about this? I was looking at youtube videos and something reminded me that this was a thing that happened.

Old but there was just an update that it was ruled a suicide a few months later.

http://abc30.com/news/john-langs-death-ruled-a-suicide/1270493/

hmm yess.. this guy stabbed himself in the back and set fire to his home because stabbing wounds are easy and a common effective way to commit suicide. i believe it.

• Locked thread