Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
What if you could go back in time and kill hitler?
What if you could take an untraceable 3D-printed gun back in time to when a world power was being taken over by a megalomaniacal narcissist blaming a nation's ills on a disadvantaged ethnic group? What if you lived in a 1930s european country where an inexplicably charismatic leader diverted blame from the rich to some brown-skins in an appeal to working class whites?

Wouldn't it be crazy? To be the guy to pull it off? Hitler was a pretty terrible dude. Let's fantasize about changing history. The 1940s, specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Computers didn't exist to accept the .STL file format

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'd go back and kill that commie Roosevelt

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I hosed your grandma

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hell, id settle for like 2 hours ago

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

they probably wouldn't have made wooden dildos

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
They might have been useful by now.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I hosed your grandma

But did you go back in time and do it?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

But did you go back in time and do it?

The OP is pretty good at shitposting isn't he ?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

If 3D printers existed, then communism would have won. People would have finally have gotten control of the means of production and the means of production sits on your kitchen tabletop.

However, I'd imagine there would be an entire bedroom full of computer to process the instructions and take a person-sized stack of punch cards to print out a coffee cup.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Idiot.

If there was 3D printers in the 30's there wouldn't be anything cool like printed guns. It'll just be a bunch of top scientists laying around in a circle loving these things:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Why would you need an untraceable gun to kill Hitler? Your plan seems needlessly complicated. Just land your time machine on him while he sleeps and then zip back to the present, and his houseboys will find a flattened Hitler in his bed in the morning.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
they did, it was called pottery

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

criscodisco posted:

Why would you need an untraceable gun to kill Hitler? Your plan seems needlessly complicated. Just land your time machine on him while he sleeps and then zip back to the present, and his houseboys will find a flattened Hitler in his bed in the morning.

Good point! I imagine going back in time would be more technically challenging than going forward in time.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

they did, it was called pottery

we did it!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How far back in time must I carry this goddamn printer before someone will sleep with me?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How far back in time must I carry this goddamn printer before someone will sleep with me?

lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dave_Indeed posted:

Idiot.

If there was 3D printers in the 30's there wouldn't be anything cool like printed guns. It'll just be a bunch of top scientists laying around in a circle loving these things:

hell yeah

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i have become scholls, destroyer of corns

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

you cant hug your children with nuclear feet

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
im pretty sure that they had flimsy piece of poo poo guns in the 30's. you ever hear about that one assassination attempt on a nazi ambassador that involved a crappy jammed gun and ended in a bicycle chase?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

im pretty sure that they had flimsy piece of poo poo guns in the 30's. you ever hear about that one assassination attempt on a nazi ambassador that involved a crappy jammed gun and ended in a bicycle chase?

reminds me of that one jewish kid in france that shot a nazi diplomat and gave the krauts an excuse to fine tune the art of pogrom. Kid lived through the majority of the war by saying he shot the diplomat because they were gay lovers. reich didnt want to have the mention of this in court, so the quietly starved him to death or killed him off in secret while he was awaiting trial.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Grynszpan

anyways, a high speed nazi bicycle chase sounds far more homoerotic than that kids defense

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

You're talking about Reinhard Heydrich, "the Hangman" and architect of the Holocaust? Dude got it worse because when the Sten gun failed, the assassins threw a loving anti-tank mine into his car, which blew the interior of his Mercedes Benz into him. He ended up dying more than a week later in largely agonizing pain from sepsis since they couldn't pull all the fragments from his body.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Young Freud posted:

You're talking about Reinhard Heydrich, "the Hangman" and architect of the Holocaust? Dude got it worse because when the Sten gun failed, the assassins threw a loving anti-tank mine into his car, which blew the interior of his Mercedes Benz into him. He ended up dying more than a week later in largely agonizing pain from sepsis since they couldn't pull all the fragments from his body.

that doesnt make the bicycle chase any less funny

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Murder is wrong, I want no part of what you're plotting OP :yikes:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Kuato posted:

Murder is wrong, I want no part of what you're plotting OP :yikes:

what the heck??! Golly!

I haven't even worked out the time travel stuff. I've been reading a lot of science fiction novels and it just got me thinking about WW2.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

what the heck??! Golly!

I haven't even worked out the time travel stuff. I've been reading a lot of science fiction novels and it just got me thinking about WW2.

Likely story, seems like you got it all figured out, bud.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Wasn't the OP pretty much the plot of Command and Conquer: Red Alert?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I 3d printed this little frame to stick a microswitch in to control my model train turnouts.

I think if I could get hitler into model trains he'd develop debilitating autism and not hurt anyone.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

genesplicer posted:

Wasn't the OP pretty much the plot of Command and Conquer: Red Alert?

quote:

How the command and conquer universe was to happen under Westwood (No lies guarantee):
Kane made himself known during GWW II, and it is unknown how much the brotherhood was intertwined with the soviets.
Red alert 2 fits in and I'll get to it later.
1995 marks the beginning of TD and Tiberium itself. GDI and Brotherhood fight, no biggie. Same goes for TS but it has a rogue AI as an enemy for half of the game.
Now, here's where it gets interesting. In TW, the one westwood was to make anyway. All the universes that westwood made were to come together.
Kane had a top advisor for him. His name, Yuri. While searching through old documents from RA1 & 2, they redescovered chrono technology. Knowing these secrets, Yuri was to be sent back to before RA 2 to try to turn the tide of the war. It failed but Yuri still had to complete his mission, hence Yuri's revenge.
Yuri's personal army was the brotherhood. Before the world knew who they were. Kane still led him in RA 2 and wanted to cease the creation of GDI for his way of running the world. Hence, yuri died and the universe went in an infinite loop.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Best in thread.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
(Downloads latest model for paddle with holes in it)

"Want to whine about time-out eh...my father used to punch me, so this is mercy for you!"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think there's 2 ways to do this. 1) take a plastic bag back, they didn't have that poo poo back then. 2) Take back an advanced computer algorithm designed to make the trains run on time, get elected on that platform, and lead Germany into peaceful modernity.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Baronjutter posted:

I 3d printed this little frame to stick a microswitch in to control my model train turnouts.

I think if I could get hitler into model trains he'd develop debilitating autism and not hurt anyone.

couldn't you 3d print the whole train and stick it to the big miniature train companies???

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
10k StuG IIIs but with like Hitler's smug face on them, in fine detail.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

"Phew, that was hard. Now to come back to present day America"

*exits time machine, sees pictures of Stalin along with communist flags everywhere*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Hitler had a gf and a dog, I have a girlfriend, but no dog, Hitler wins again.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

staberind posted:

Hitler had a gf and a dog, I have a girlfriend, but no dog, Hitler wins again.

Your girlfriend is a dog, win win

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Belief in G*d stopped us from getting to the moon in the 1500's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Baronjutter posted:

hed spend all his time building these

• Locked thread