Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Looking forward to seeing Our Lord and Saviour J Hogan winning the Coleman and Brownlow this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Volkerball posted:

has a guy on a team that went 0-22 ever won the brownlow before?

As a general rules it's very difficult to win a player to win the Brownlow in a side which misses the finals full stop. The vast majority of winners usually play in top or middle level teams.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Also: Tayla Harris :allears:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I've alway thought it strange the notion of fingering your rear end in a top hat is a sign of procrastination rather than enterprise

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

didnt chris connolly suggest the bombers change their name after 9/11?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Also that dudes article is a blatant troll come on guys

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

I feel like this maybe deserves a spot in the OP?

I wonder what he yelled at them to freak them out

"GRAND FINAL"
"PREMIERSHIP"
"FINANCIAL SOLVENCY"
"LARGE SUPPORTER BASE"
"SUSTAINED ON FIELD SUCCESS"

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Hawks boss forced to resign after club goes 3 months without premiership

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

It's ginger face and clearly offensive to the ranga community

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

thepokey posted:

So there is renewed talk about O'Meara coming back to Melbourne. Carlton, Richmond and Hawkthorn are apparently early front runners. Guessing this may be one or two of the old Hawks last years (especially if they win another premiership) and that would make room for O'Meara.

His knees are hosed I'll be happy enough to see him on the park again

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Jaeger O'Meara reckons he won't be leaving the suns. My little sister is friends with his sister and I've been getting stuck into her to pass along thr message why he should sign with the Dees.

Don't worry guys I'm all over it.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

wonder what james magner is up to, apparently he played for essendon last preseason as a top up player when they copped bans from preseason games?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

"Protected species" was the phrase I remember from back then, although I mainly associated that with him playing for Sydney and the way their players would always seem to have exceptional luck at the tribunal, ie Barry Hall punching Matt McGuire in 2005 against St Kilda in the finals

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Being a physical beast doesn't mean you'll be a good player though, look at Majak Daw

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm talking about being 20 and still growing vertically at pace. And comparing Cripps to Daw? :hurr:

and i mentioned daw because the kid was a monster at 18 years old? but ok continue on your obtuse little way

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

the afl has knocked back the proposal for other clubs to get top up players in lieu of banned essendon players. absolute bullshit

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Testekill posted:

I thought that Port was going to get one to replace Monfries.

Fox footy is saying they won't.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shmoses posted:

OK so the clubs were only allowed to upgrade one rookie and Port have two banned players. So they have to go in with less players on their list than Essendon?

port will have to upgrade 2 rookies. the afl's justification is that the other clubs were affected far less by the suspensions compared to essendon so they can just suck it up. nice to see some consistency from the league.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The other clubs should just sue Essendon tbh

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

cmndstab posted:

On principle, I agree that the clubs with former Essendon players shouldn't get a top-up player, since they kind of took on that risk when they got the players at an appropriately reduced cost.

i dont agree with this, how did the players get traded for lower cost? if anything essendon actually end up in a better position compared to if the other clubs had stayed away from the playing list.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

cmndstab posted:

The players were available for less than they would have been if this saga had never occurred. Also, other clubs that might have competed with them for the players stayed away because they didn't want to run the risk of losing them if they got suspended.

says who? at what point did adrian 'most difficult man to deal with in football' dodoro relent to any club and say hey you can have these guys for cheap?

the only case that could be argued was traded for unders was ryder, who was flat out threatening to walk out on the club leading to the possibility of a tribunal ruling on breach of contract, but even in the big picture id say the dons have actually gotten away with breaking even from that situation. they ended up with picks leading to unsullied players (although they did blow one on cooney) and port get a walk up starter they were expecting to carry them into the top 4 sitting on the sidelines perfectly healthy.

id be hard pressed to be convinced the other 4 players were traded for unders.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I'm watching the Superbowl tomorrow. Getting shitfaced at 7am will mix things up for a change.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

One of my local pubs does a superbowl party every year with a big breakfast menu and drinks specials, plus you can win a jersey from one of the top 4 teams if you pick the winning side and margin. It's good fun.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Shmoses posted:

For some reason I absolutely hate football up until the first bounce of round one.

Of course, Geelong had such disastrous off season signings

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I will be backing the Panthers, I've been a fan since way back (6 months ago)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

This sounds p glorious but I'm such a hardcore nightowl that getting somewhere by 10am and then proceeding to drink Budweiser is really bad for me.

Be thankful you don't live somewhere with a 13 hour time difference then

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Von Miller isn't fat you're fat

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The touchdown was cool tho

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

Rules against taunting and stuff like that in US sports are the worst rules.

Yeah but there are other things to enjoy about Wrestlemania

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The panthers have one of the worst logos a top level team can have

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Seriously how can you make a drawing of a panther look lame? They have managed.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

On the actual topic of footy: I firmly believe the new substitution restrictions will benefit hawthorn and the top sides more than anyone else

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

Naw

As I'm sure I've stated before I always think rule changes are a great way to shake up the established order of things, and the Hawks are a team of old, old men that need to be managed.

I think the rule actually favours the better skilled teams, and will make it harder for lower level teams to grind out wins with a less talented list. Given hawthorn's free agency advantage won't be going away anytime soon I think they will be in the box seat for rolling on for the next few years.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I would joke about Coldplay except that my favourite band the national sounded a lot like them in their last album so now I am a bit worried

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Alligator, Boxer and the Virginia EP were amazing, High Violet and Sad songs were great but you can tell they hit a point that was like "let's angle towards what sells" over what they were doing before.

But that's the nature of liking what artists produce at a certain time rather than for their lifetime, ie I haven't bought a Foo Fighters album for close to 10 years but a few of their albums are some of my all time favourites

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 8, 2016

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Otoh, Hawks will sign Fyfe, Ablett and Cameron in the off season a year from now

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

If I saw shane Warne in person I wouldn't go as far as heckling him but i would probably make a wanking motion towards him if I caught his eye because I am a loving hero

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

My last hope is for Carolina to get a field goal and I can win a jumper on picking the margin on my third go

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

loving Hawthorn types always winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

What a disaster. Who looks at how ANZ stadium is run and says "yes, let's get these guys to manage our new stadium"

• Locked thread