Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
Hi, GBS! Some of you know me from my previous threads/front page articles where I remade theme/intro songs for TV shows and wrestlers. If you're not familiar with me, I write and release joke music under the moniker Hot Dad. And so, because it's an election year, I've been making satire-y theme songs for presidential candidates. I also managed to somehow get somebody better than me at video editing to edit the video for my newest one for Bernie Sanders, so that's cool too.

I've done four so far, but I'll probably end up doing more. I hope you enjoy them!

TED CRUZ (the final theme song!!!!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhguE_yh3U

HILLARY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUw_P7U3RY

Jeb Bush:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8Lev2UFJ8

Donald Trump:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIhGjULALHg

Ben Carson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC9pjf3qkXs

And Bernie Sanders:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNS6qaXVwzw

Edit: Wooooooo!
https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/694585485038108673

Bernie made Tech Insider's top 8 list:
http://www.techinsider.io/bernie-sanders-campaign-songs-2016-2

And, as suggested by somebody below, my McDonald's song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpwcMRSoxdc

And my 2015 album WOMAN TITLES is limited time free on Bandcamp again (it was $7!):
https://hotdad.bandcamp.com/album/woman-titles

RaceFat fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Enfield posted:

i like your songs. the simpsons intro one is really good. these are pretty good too. well, take it easy

thanks, buddy! i still like my simpsons song too. good pick.

Capntastic posted:

NEver stop, Dad

i see you on my twitter! how are you, buddy? i won't quit/i can't quit

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Hey who was that super dorky piano dude from the 90s that played super dorky songs about Washington politics on like PBS or some poo poo

not sure if he's the guy you're talking about, but a search for something similar to that description turned up Mark Russell.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

scott zoloft posted:

I was jamming out to your king of the hill intro earlier today!

still one of my favs! i'm just happy fox never took it down, even though they threatened to. has ads now, but that's no big deal since they didn't give me a copyright strike.

Windows 98 posted:

I've always liked your stuff

thanks, windows 98!

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

brock lesner for presner

maybe in 2020. :(

Kitchner posted:

I hope your happy helping more people justify voting Trump

they're also loving him by the end of the song, so i think it's relatively okay. still shocked that people get through the awful, stilted dialogue at the beginning and then make it all the way to the end (past the "we will make love to you" bit) and still think it's a real effort. there have been many!

Crash_N_Burn posted:

clicked on this expecting it to be lovely but it's not. the trump song in particular is pretty good

thanks a lot! i just hope HE likes it.

Anderron Shi posted:

listenin to the berndog song again this morning

put it on repeat!!!! listen all day long!

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

scott zoloft posted:

I'm all about the Trump song. Especially the "America is his employee" part. (again and again and again and again and again)

The Ben Carson and Stardust songs are also great. Keep cranking 'em out, dude!

thank you! yeah, i hope trump will give us a raise if he becomes our boss! :3:

kittiesgomeow posted:

Love the Bernie one (of course) it's been in my head all day. But I also really like the Ben Carson one.

Well done. Hope to see more from this rising star.

always honored to get songs stuck in heads! and the ben carson song is definitely underrated, just like the real guy. ;)

Anderron Shi posted:

sort of confused as to where Hillary and Cruz's are :' -(

hillary's started running around in my brain tonight while i was on a walk! so coming soon. and who the heck knows about ted cruz. definitely not me.

Pawn 17 posted:

These are good. You are good!

I love the end of the Jeb one where he is swaying and fist pumping :wooper:

thank you, thank you! jeb's just doing his best to blend in with ordinary americans like you and me. :)

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
thanks a ton for the surprise sticky, mods! :)

ChogsEnhour posted:

I don't know anything about the American Prime Ministers but I do want to vote for them all now! Thanks Hot Dad!

Also tried to make myself a Stardust ringtone but could never get it to kick in with the volume increase on my phone. My heart was in the right place though.

i don't know much about them either. shhhhhhhhhhhhh. but yeah, i'm just trying to give them all a shot!

i could probably automate something for you within the project file for stardust. what exactly are you looking for with it? or is this a device issue?

scott zoloft posted:

in america we actually call them chancellors. not prime ministers.

i think you're right.

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

Not Bob Trump
Not Tom Trump
Not Ron Trump
It's the Don Trump

these goddamn THE NEW DAY variations always make me laugh (4 real).

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Canned Panda posted:

These are all great!

I have to add your McDonald's song to this thread, because I love it almost as much as your Taco Bell Christmas song.

https://youtu.be/OpwcMRSoxdc

Stupid Taco Bell & McDonald's ignoring me on Twitter about using your songs.

added to the op. i know. a buncha losers, right? i sent them so many messages/tweets too. i even tried to contact corporate and sent feedback through my local store with the link included. no luck.

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

The Ron Carson one was awesome. Thanks for the laughs.

glad i could hand out some laughs via good ol' ron carson!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ben Carson (and the slavery section) is my favourite :allears:

What DAW do you use? I'd love some technical info, like favourite plugin, etc.

Also, long live Taco Bell Christmas.

hi, rupert! i use ableton live with a UAD apollo quad interface. i think the UAD plugins are really, really outstanding and can make the most average attempt at recording sound wonderful. basically, if you're unfamiliar, the UAD plugins simulate a variety of vintage and modern hardware, and the consensus from audio production people are that the plugins are basically just as good as the real thing. the interface itself has a quad core processor to handle the plugins as well (each model has different number of cores), so it frees up resources within your DAW and even allows you use the plugins in real time. so i'm throwing like vintage tape machines and compressors on a lot of my channels and getting really nice sounds from my home studio with my very limited mixing knowledge. i have a pretty good ear for it, but i know very little about production except the little tips i get from my mixing friend.

as for synths, i really only use the TAL-U-NO-LX and TAL-NoiseMaker right now. i don't have a ton of patience when i'm creating things, and it doesn't take a lot to make me happy with synths, so i usually just keep the same palette of sounds for a while. eventually i burn out, but yeah, really depends on the project. if i'm just adding them as a textural thing, i don't care that much and i love the sounds of the juno 60 (which the U-NO is based on), so no problem there. i am considering buying one of the new korg minilogues though. definitely interested in getting a reasonably sized/priced legit synth with easily accessible knobs (i have a microkorg, but i hate the way you have to edit patches).

hopefully that helps. and feel free to ask more if you want!

Moltke posted:

Still waiting for a Woman Titles tshirt for cas(casual) lounging.

Keep up the good work. I will give you money.

yeah, i'm dreadfully behind on merch. i'm sorry! but i do plan to do a woman titles shirt. i just listened to it for the first time in months the other day and i'm shocked by how much i like it.

cda posted:

Racefat, do you know Sparks? This song by them kinda reminds me of your TV stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnCe-9xujcg

i don't know them, but they remind me a little bit of THE TUBES, who i do know! but yeah, honored by the comparison.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

timp posted:

Great poo poo man, thanks for sharing. Seriously

ha, no problem. hope it helps somehow!

Argyle Gargoyle posted:

Great because since I thought to comment on the West Wing theme vid with it, my brain wants to do it with everything.

Folks please buy Wrestle, its really good.

ah, so that was you! i didn't get it for a minute when i first saw the comment, and then it hit me and i was enjoying a nice, warm laugh. A+

You're w

Fast Luck posted:

Mike Gravel was on this in '08, the first one is particularly terrifying

this is some weird stuff. v weird stuff. thanks for it!

Shinjobi posted:

Great work as always, dad

as always, you're welcome, son. feel free to borrow my car when you need it/etc.

Lasher posted:

The hottest dad.
The catchiest tunes.

I genuinely get the McDonalds song stuck in my head at times. It's like having a parasite... A RAD parasite.

Radisite.

thanks, buddy! glad to see you here L. Lasher, one of the chosen few who actually like my weird tweets. and keep that radasite inside you—good things will eventually happen. you're just gonna have to trust me.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

gbaby posted:

TACO BELL TACO BELL CHRISTMAS!

(i'll have a)

The Ninth Layer posted:

You're the same guy that did among other things Alex's Guitar Island and the Win Virus 2000 videos right? The new stuff is great, bring back Alex!

yes, that's me! incredible that you remember those since they were made like 8-9 years ago. i really do hope to make videos with him again someday soon, but distance is a problem right now. at the very least, he IS making a video game that is really neat and i'm scoring it. he talked about making it for years and i never thought it would actually happen, and then suddenly he showed me a demo and i was like "wow, this is really cool and i wanna help!" it's loaded with humor and weird stuff, too. it's called DARK STARS and here are some links.

the concluded kickstarter page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687983700/dark-stars-a-tragic-anti-shmup-for-pc-and-smartpho/

and here's a playable demo he posted back in july:
https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xo9iu8g5vkh1d8/DarkStarsv010Demo.7z?dl=0

scott zoloft posted:

I just noticed that Bernie is sharing the pizza of prosperity with the black ladies who stormed his stage to yell at him. What a classy old freedom fighter. :)

he'll share his hot slices with anyone. :)

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'm gonna be singing this Bernie Sanders song under my breath for at least a week. It is brilliant.

thank you so much! hell, i hope you sing it under your breath for at least two weeks.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Man these are real good I hope one day I am good enough at music to do stuff like this

thank you so much! i'll offer you a piece of advice—i think the key to composition (well, most creative fields, actually) is just to write tons and tons of songs that you'll most likely throw away. do your best and keep making more. and then, after enough practice, you'll suddenly start writing songs you're proud of without even trying. and it's weird, but it feels incredible when your brain just starts to do things you're impressed with. i started from scratch in 2010 and didn't use a single thing i made until 2013ish.

was really tough, but definitely worth it.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
bumping this because although it took forever, i think it's the best one yet (thanks new video editor!)!!! enjoy.

HILLARY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUw_P7U3RY

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

No. 9 posted:

I think you topped the Bernie one with this one.

thank you! my new video editor is KILLIN' IT!!!!!!

Shinjobi posted:

MAC BOOK PROOOOOOO

all the candidates have 'em now!

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

kittiesgomeow posted:

the hillary video is by far your best. it's replaced the ben carson song for me as ultimate sing-along.

thank you so much! yeah, i think it's the creative apex of my prez songs. i usually end up automatically starting a new project with really dumb songs and then they evolve until i'm like "why the hell am i spending all this time on a song about hillary clinton??!?!?!" and then i scale them back/prepare to move on to something else.

TED CRUZ GONNA BE THE LAST!

and sorry i ruined your slavery singalong. :(

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Moltke posted:

This song made me feel kinda horny and now I want to smoke crack.

hey dude, keep that stuff to yourself, okay?!?!?! ;) ;)

Parallax Scroll posted:

didnt notice this thread till now but i watched the videos and enjoyed the videos especially the hillary one thanks for making the songs and videos op

you're welcome! i'm glad you enjoyed them and thank you for watching. and i'll only take credit for making 3 of the vids since my new editor is making the crazy new stuff possible for me!

cheeeeesecake posted:

Dad I have commented twice on your videos in the past couple of weeks. This matches my total comments on youtube of all time previously. So you must be doing something right!

i'm honored as hell! and i think i know which comments are yours, son. :)

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
errbody, if you haven't downloaded my WOMAN TITLES album yet, you should! i released it for free on SA back in september, then began charging about a month after that. now it's temporarily free again because i just want more people to hear it! https://hotdad.bandcamp.com/album/woman-titles

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Welp. I really dig that Hillary tune. But I have to admit, it doesn't pop into my head when I'm trying to get to sleep the way "Bernie Sanders heating up, heating up the night" does.

(e: In other words, Hot Dad, you got your wish; the song's been sticking in my brain for more than two weeks!)

thank you!!!!! well, to be fair, bernie's right there with you as you wind down, heating up the night and, subsequently, your sleep. hillary's on some other nightmare planet!

I enjoy learning about how everything is just like Slavery. Ben Carson is beyond foolish, but THAT is my favourite right now.

everything you've gotta do over and over again IS kinda like slavery, right?!?!?!?! :tinfoil:

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

a starwar betamax posted:

Yo bros is this thread ready for the gilded mine???

ted cruz should be here by the weekend and then this project is wrapped! would love to keep it open until that conclusion (if it's okay with you).

scott zoloft posted:

girl touch is my poo poo, op

thank you! that's actually the third time i recorded that song. it was one of the first i ever wrote and i've always liked it, so it came back for recording round 3!

"Missing your cue to enter stage right is like SLAVERY".

you're gonna give me nightmares talking like that!

Moltke posted:

Woman Titles is the best album of 2015.

so fuckin' glad you like it! thank you! i kinda forgot all about it and then gave it a proper listen a couple of weeks ago and i was like "i'm making this free again! gotta share it, fast!"

sout posted:

Okay but let me get in here and say this is good poo poo.
Good poo poo, OP.

e: also yeah, I dunno if OP is working on anything else (I hope he is!) but if he is then it might be cool to leave the thread open for a while

thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Moltke posted:

I feel like GBS should have a little more time to download Woman Titles first.

yeah, this too. :)

just saw this! super, super thrilled. so happy they mentioned the self-awareness, because i didn't actually want to make a positive bernie sanders song, despite him being my candidate of choice. so i did my best to cope with it and i'm happy with how it turned out.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

!!!

Stabbatical posted:

The Hillary song is great, the "I'm a corporation" and "Goldman Sachs & equivalents" lines slayed me

Tbh, I'd pay for an instrumental version too, the song (esp. 1:00 to about 2:15) is gold

maybe i'll throw an instrumental version up sometime! some random guy did this remix yesterday too. it's pretty wacky and dark. i should send him some real stems so he can clean it up. https://soundcloud.com/mixmasta-hubbs/power-glove-hot-dad-hillary-clinton-nightforce-remix

assemblyrequired posted:

I've gotta say I love your songs, "I Love Websites" is by far my favorite
It's just a lyrical masterpiece
And also "What's Wrong Now, Morrissey?"
Please never stop creating

thank you so much! ILW is a real classic. i think it's still got time to blow up. i made it because i thought maybe it would resonate with people more than songs about piss or penis tips or meat or whatever. still waiting for that big explosion of popularity!
and "What's Wrong Now, Morrissey?" was just a shameless attempt to get patton oswalt to retweet it. a friend of mine told me i should do it, so i dropped everything and cranked out that song in one afternoon and uploaded it. and then it worked!!!
https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/663932144985747457

joke_explainer posted:

Holy poo poo, great job RaceFat. I like them all. I like that HBO is just like slavery in the Ben Carson song. I like the running mac products joke.

thank you, joke_explainer! nice to see you here! can't stop watching that top notch HBO programming once you begin, so slavery i guess.
and i definitely took that apple joke from vic berger's original JEB VINE. just keepin' it alive:
https://vine.co/v/erX66WYXx6p

Clockwerk posted:

This Dad, he's so Hot! Thanks for the videos

you're welcome!

HopperUK posted:

Well 'slavery' doesn't even look like a word any more.

that's a weird phenomenon, huh? "philadelphia" always gets me if i say it too much.

Absolute Lithops posted:

Hey OP you make good songs. I am proud to have a folder on my computer called Hot Dad Wrestle.

thank you so much! big time honored to take up space on your hdd. i think it's definitely my best 20-track album to date. ;)

Junior Jr. posted:

Well done Hot Dad on another round of great songs, your TV album has a special place in my hard drive storage.

By the way, are you playing these songs on HBO or did that contract end?

thank you! glad to hear about even more data use! TV is actually doing relatively okay on spotify since it's like 2.5 hours long and over 100 tracks. so i'm getting like $5.99 per 1000 plays, or a mere 10 times through and it would have been the same cost to upload to tunecore as a 10 track album or whatever. interesting how that turned out. still only making like $12-$18 a month for that, but it's still another revenue stream.

HILLARY almost had the lyric "But she probably watches HBO" but i decided to do the macbook pro line instead to keep it consistent with the others. but HBO will always be there for me when i need it.

The Ninth Layer posted:

My favorite song remains the "Baby, Baby" rendition you guys did a few years ago.

ha, thank you! that was probably the best video i ever made with alex before we stopped collaborating on videos. and one of my first songs ever! we only made it because i thought it would be smart to name our video the same thing as something insanely popular at the time. v dumb/good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuxT1zbn5fM

Lazer Monkey posted:

These art great OP.

thank you!!!!

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Junior Jr. posted:

That McDonald's song got me thinking, can you make an album full of fast food songs? If so, I'd love to hear one for KFC or Taco Bell.

i think i'm gonna complete at least an EP worth of fast food songs. was thinking about it last night and i do wanna keep doing them. good suggestion!! worst case scenario, i make a bunch of really weird songs about a really familiar topic. best case scenario, one of them actually pays me for the song. :)

and a taco bell x-mas is here, also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q14WYsbFrJk

Saxmas.bandcamp.com

Look for Taco Bell Christmas from the 2015 album. My favourite from the whole album.

aw, how sweet of you! thanks!

Tom Gorman posted:

he'll build pyramids to store our grain

where else ya gonna store it?!?!?!

bowser posted:

Oh my god the Jeb! song is so goddamn catchy. I can't help but wave my hands back and forth with him at the "C'mon Jeb Jeb" part. Thanks for sharing these!

thank you so much! glad you enjoyed it. and you're welcome! i'm a desperate content creator like all the rest—and i'm very willing to share what i've made. ;)

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I spent $10 on that album, but it's weird I've heard your stuff before becoming a goon

you're awesome! thanks a really, really huge amount for the $$$$$! also, although i've had an account on here forever, it wasn't until december 2014 that i actually started posting this music stuff in its own threads. the youtube thread was really hostile the few times i tried to post my TV themes while i was making them, so i stopped trying until i finished the first 69 and gave up. so with nothing else to lose, i made another thread (that was the one in dec 2014), and now people give a poo poo and i'm really grateful for that. :) :)

iSheep posted:

My cousins and I still quote your guitar island video every now and again.

that's awesome and i'm really honored! i hope to do some more vids with alex in the future. was a totally different place on youtube then, and i'm still kinda shocked those videos went over as well as they did. but yeah, i think guitar island demolished our drum time vids, other than the stupid video game joke at the end of drum time too (which i still think is great).

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

OP in your WWE thread i said you reminded me of Holy Ghost. I had only heard their first album at that point but just listened to their 2nd album and, cmon, you're telling me you didn't have any part in this song??? cmonnnnn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFZfd5uJiI

yeah, yeah, yeah, you got me. this hip, very popular synth pop disco band? it's all meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
(someday!)

good song, too!

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
TED CRUZ IS LIVE! my video editor absolutely killed it. i was crying with laughter the first time i watched this last night. i think it's the proper finale to this project!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhguE_yh3U

Sex Prospector posted:

I can't get enough of game of thrones and Bernie sanders' theme.

thank you so much!

Idiot Kicker posted:

At certain intervals today, I've had a loop of "the Daniel Bryan!" in my head so thanks for that, but seriously the Bernie one was loving off the chain.

ha, poor daniel bryan. i'm sure if that vid had gotten more views, his career would have been saved. :(
and thanks about the bernie track!

RanchoRube posted:

I didn't think it was possible to top Brock Lesnar, but the Bernie Sanders song has.

y'all are some big WRESTLE fans, huh? that's great! thank you!
and they're both powerful men, so only one of them can win, right? ;)

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Future Days posted:

the new ted cruz video would've been a great complement for this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763825
keep up the good work, dad hot. so what

thank you! i just missed it. :(

BUMMER!!!!!!!!!

Junior Jr. posted:

Holy poo poo, that was fantastic! Well done on another great track, Hot Dad. It just occurred to me, Ted Cruz looks more like an upset, bloated Bill Murray. And now I can't not think about it.

You ever think about doing a second volume to your WWE album, I mean when we get new wrestlers in this year? Or are they just going to be their own singles?

thank you so much for the kind words!!!!! i was crying with laughter from the first draft my editor sent and i knew that was a good sign. :)

not sure about doing more wrestlers right now. :( i'm kinda neurotic and whenever the interest starts to dwindle, i'm trying to learn to exit at the right moment. the peak was JOHN CENA, the second song out of 20(!!!), which took me like one afternoon to make. by the final one, it was taking me days and days to complete them (couldn't stop myself from dubbing more and more stuff) and the audience i got for it was like 5% as large as the CENA crowd. never had another hit as large as that one. plus, the r/squaredcircle haters/people who didn't get the joke were very successfully preventing any of my new vids from blowing up on there with downvotes. that subreddit is definitely why CENA blew up, but also kinda why i quit.

if i knew there would be a decent sized audience again, i'd probably do a few more though. ;)

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Megachile posted:

I just cannot get over how masterful that Ted Cruz song is, not even exaggerating. It's fun and spooky and creepy in all the right ways. How did we not see that he was the Zodiac Killer before we let him run for president??

thank you a ton! i even had a real bassist copy my dumb keyboard bass thing. turned out great i think.

and yeah, the zodiac killer thing is kinda a big deal, but i'm sure we'll get through it together. :)

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

scott zoloft posted:

ted cruz is waiting for you!
there's not a thing you can do!
shirtless inside of your nightmares!
but then you wake and he's there in your room!

how am i ever gonna get to sleep tonight?????

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

a starwar betamax posted:

Songs done yet?

i've got a rubio coming soon, but it probably won't be until next week. so do what ya gotta do, mr betamax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Nooner posted:

i made a song too ..... ita about ....

DEEZE NUTS :grin:

your personal nuts or like the collective "deeze nuts" nuts?????????

• Locked thread