Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/mikecasazza/status/696352366484848642

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Benne posted:

How does Tom Crean still have a job

Yesterday aside that team has been way better than anyone expected this year

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You got a date Tuesday baby

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Enjoy your Regular Season Win as baylor loses 10 in a row until Baylor wins the big 12 tourney and the real tourney for our 50th champ ever and best one yet

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa moves to 10-1 in the Big Ten and they have won 9 of those games by double digits. They should be favored in all of their remaining games and kenpom currently gives them about a one in five chance of winning out and finishing 17-1 in the Big Ten.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

Iowa moves to 10-1 in the Big Ten and they have won 9 of those games by double digits. They should be favored in all of their remaining games and kenpom currently gives them about a one in five chance of winning out and finishing 17-1 in the Big Ten.

This whole Iowa sports year is just surreal. Football, wrestling, basketball...hell even the baseball team was good and they're never good!

I'm enjoying this.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Rachel Banham of Minnesota tied the record for points in a single D1 WBB game, with 60. Caught the end of the game, terrific double OT against Northwestern, crazy high-pressure circus stuff from both teams.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It seems so bizarre to attend a school that cares about wrestling. Then again I cared about women's volleyball this year soo

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

kiimo posted:

You got a date Tuesday baby

you have to admit it would be ironic if the new comer was to be the one to finally dethrone kansas (it happening)

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

you have to admit it would be ironic if the new comer was to be the one to finally dethrone kansas (it happening)

Since Mizzou is awful this is all the joy I can get out of college basketball now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kiimo posted:

It seems so bizarre to attend a school that cares about wrestling. Then again I cared about women's volleyball this year soo

loving Cael Sanderson sucked all the air out of ISU wrestling and now has Penn State #1. That should have been us! Fucker.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

West Virginia has been a wildly positive addition to the Big 12.

Missouri has not so much had the same effect in the SEC. I figured by now MU would have a new rival in Kentucky but they've been so terrible they haven't had a chance yet and KU has a stronger rivalry with UK at this point than Missouri.

It's probably going to take years for MU to get its poo poo sorted out and actually compete at either football or basketball in the SEC. I don't really get off on schadenfreude so I take no delight in that, it's just a crap situation.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

It's probably going to take years for MU to get its poo poo sorted out and actually compete at either football or basketball in the SEC. I don't really get off on schadenfreude so I take no delight in that, it's just a crap situation.

They went to the SEC Championship game two years in a row (and were actually a very good team in one of those years, the other not so much).

They suck at basketball for sure but football's done ok in a couple of years. They could very well tank if Odom is bad and Lock doesn't develop but we'll see.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't mean to imply that MU hasn't been good at football in the SEC, I just mean going forward it is probably going to take years rebuilding with Odom before you can compete in the SEC of all places.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

kiimo posted:

I didn't mean to imply that MU hasn't been good at football in the SEC, I just mean going forward it is probably going to take years rebuilding with Odom before you can compete in the SEC of all places.

Nah, the SEC East is not very good at the moment (although Florida will probably take over in the next 5 years) and Mizzou could've maybe hung around the East champ conversation if they had anyone at all who knew how to run an offense last year.

I'm actually really worried that the NCAA will hand out more punishments to the basketball team which will just let Kim Anderson stick around another year since no one will want to sign with us.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa is 4th in the AP poll with 11 first place votes. I am trying to get mad (as the Iowa marketing department would want me to do), but I can't bring myself to care too much. If they do what they are capable of doing with the remaining schedule they will be #1 soon enough. Plus I didn't even think they would make the tournament this year...

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Still kind of aghast how stupid the ACC was in taking BC (for an entry into the nonexistent Boston college sports market) instead of West Virginia.

Bird in a Blender posted:

loving Cael Sanderson sucked all the air out of ISU wrestling and now has Penn State #1. That should have been us! Fucker.

NC State is one of 3 unbeaten wrestling teams this year! No idea if they can compete with Penn State or Iowa but nice all the same.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Texas is up to 24th and 25th in the AP and coaches. We're going to scoot right back out of the rankings after losing to OU and ISU this week.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

So is missing that one star player not hobbling you guys at all, or is he already back?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Holton "probably won't" play at Kansas

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Beat a top-10 team on the road, fall out of the Top 25. Aight. Not trying to excuse the Georgia loss, but geez, that's a bit harsh.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kiimo posted:

Women's volleyball owns

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Buddy Hield is God drat good.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Buddy Hield has to have pretty much already sealed PoY at this point right?

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Quandary posted:

Buddy Hield has to have pretty much already sealed PoY at this point right?

Always possible that one of a handful of guys gets crazy and carries their team to a championship come tourney time. The voters loooove a guy that goes bananas during March Madness.

At this point, though, he's definitely way out front.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scrapez posted:

Always possible that one of a handful of guys gets crazy and carries their team to a championship come tourney time. The voters loooove a guy that goes bananas during March Madness.

At this point, though, he's definitely way out front.

It's voted on before the tournament. Hield's gonna win in a landslide

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
And now Zimmerman is out indefinitely with a knee sprain. I imagine he's decided to shut it down for the season in order to focus on the draft process.

Oh well, season hasn't mattered for a while now. It's all about the coaching hire.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Jameel McKay is going to be out again for the game at Texas Tech. ISU could easily drop this one. They struggled against TT at the beginning of conference play, and Tech tends to play well at home.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

So is missing that one star player not hobbling you guys at all, or is he already back?

Huggins has managed to work around that and I am shocked at this, but it does make our press less effective.

I am disappointed for Jon, cause he's really a good kid and :350: is a dumb loving reason to suspend a kid (though my understanding was that this was not his first time get popped for it.) But, yeah Huggins has managed to work around it.

I would be immensely happy if we won tonight, because it would be the first time in like 16 years anyone has swept Kansas in conference play, but I don't think we can win in Phog.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm still mad at them over 2010.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

tadashi posted:

I'm still mad at them over 2010.

What did we do to you on our glorious march to the Final 4?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Huggins has managed to work around that and I am shocked at this, but it does make our press less effective.

I am disappointed for Jon, cause he's really a good kid and :350: is a dumb loving reason to suspend a kid (though my understanding was that this was not his first time get popped for it.) But, yeah Huggins has managed to work around it.

I would be immensely happy if we won tonight, because it would be the first time in like 16 years anyone has swept Kansas in conference play, but I don't think we can win in Phog.

Just looking through Kansas' past schedules (which is a torturous exercise - until you get to the NCAA tournament part! :haw: ) it looks like Iowa State was the last to do it in 2000-2001. That is just goddamn ridiculous.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

Just looking through Kansas' past schedules (which is a torturous exercise - until you get to the NCAA tournament part! :haw: ) it looks like Iowa State was the last to do it in 2000-2001. That is just goddamn ridiculous.

My tweeter handle ain't statsboyandi for nothing, you know

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Big drat week for the Cocks coming up -- LSU tomorrow and Kentucky on Saturday. Since both games are miraculously in Columbia, a split seems like a realistic possibility and I'd be good with that. Of course, I'll lose my mind if we somehow manage to win both. Very excited about this team right now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kiimo posted:

Because conference expansion has somehow been a huge amazing gift to Iowa this year, just like football and basketball, the Iowa wrestling team is somehow avoiding all the top teams in the Big Ten during the regular season because Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan (the other three Big Ten teams in the top ten) are all not on their schedule.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's the birthplace of all the basketball players in the top 10. LMAO, California.

edit: click for huge

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 9, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
You can use timg tags instead of img if you want to keep the high resolution and not obliterate tables.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I like Virginia's complete scattershot

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

That made me realize that there are very few west coast teams even in the top 25. PAC 12 needs to get it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Wow texas moved up a spot in kenpom after the loss. Sweet!

• Locked thread