Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Myssu posted:

Yeah after the United game it became clear that Liverpool's best chance of Champion's League football next year is winning the Europa League.

They were 9 points out of a champs league spot after that match with 16 to play. If the manager they hired wasn't a fraud and literally doing worse than Brendan Rodgers the chance was definitely still there.

Klopp took over when Liverpool were 10th and 3 points away from 4th. They are now 8th and 11 points away from 4th. I don't think that's what they had in mind when they hired Klopp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I love you Josh Lyman

Aguero is a slightly worse version of Jamie Vardy.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Also the summer transfer for Chelsea was utter poo poo. Maybe that's Mourinho's fault though.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Unfortunate as he was one of the very few fun players to watch for Chelsea this season and now he will miss Euros too.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

vyelkin posted:

The new PL logo looks like some Windows 8 thing.

I couldn't think of what it looked like but this is pretty spot on. I do enjoy the lion but that's the only good thing about any of that. The rest is pretty terrible. And hopefully people stop calling it BPL (they won't).

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 9, 2016

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The arm patch is even more garbage if this is real.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Josh Lyman posted:

Fuckkk why isn't it Sunday 7am yet?

Will you be an Arsenal supporter by 9am?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Seems like a campaign for Leicester.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Brony Car posted:

Plus, I could see a massive financial fiasco crippling the club as a result of Mourinho's usual spending habits.

What? He spent a whole net of ~55 million pounds during his (second) tenure at Chelsea and a whole net of ~100 million euros at Real Madrid. That's the most recent six years of his transfers. That's hardly crippling for a top flight club and it could even be seen as light spending.

For perspective: LVG has a net spend in 2 seasons with United of ~145 pounds. Crippling.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

oliwan posted:

English teams are bad, none of them have any chance of winning either cl or europa league.

To be fair this is what people said in 2011-12 as well. But yea, it's extremely unlikely.

• Locked thread