Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It's February which means it's coming up to crunch time for clubs wanting to claim those precious 2-4 spots behind arsenal at the end of the season.

John Terry has announced that he's moving on to pastures new at the end of the season where he can be paid 300k/week and racism all he likes in china or the UAE.

Manuel Pelligrini announced his own sacking at a press conference which was abit weird but the only transfer worth talking about has been announced. The skinny tied one is taking the huge gamble of managing a team with the most money and strongest squad in it's league for the third time in a row, wow what a challenge. With stoke being a team of foreign fancy dans now he'll have to prove that one of his teams could do it on a wet wednesday at the britannia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
pep gaydiola imo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Pellegrini is a cool dude but everyone knew this was coming since they found Mansour's PSN and he played Barca nonstop on FIFA.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Steven Fletcher going to Marseille is weird. Is anyone besides Defoe scoring enough to fill the void?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i appreciate what pellegrini did but his time is over, im excited for pep to bring us Uefa glory. I would've loved mancini back but htis is the second best thing

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I think City have been pretty patient with their managers really. It's pretty rough sacking old Manuel but if Pep is available I think they had to do it- doubly so because two of their biggest rivals for the league need a new manager.

Will be very interesting to see what United and Chelsea do now. Jose to United and Simeone to Chelsea are perfect fits tbh and would make the league a very interesting place. I hope United do something stupid and give Giggs the job and Chelsea hire Hughes.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chelsea will hire Ancelotti back, or United will get him.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
After he's done at Bayern, or before he starts?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i didnt know he was going 2 bayern what a shame

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
im looking forward to seeing pep have a meltdown when he loses 1-0 to boro next season with an incredibly dodgy penalty.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Brony Car posted:

Steven Fletcher going to Marseille is weird. Is anyone besides Defoe scoring enough to fill the void?

Fletcher wasn't scoring at all. This was a wages thing, just like sending Pants to Watford.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Now klopp's been found out, I can't wait for Pep to be declared a foreign myth in nine month's time.

It's going to be a fun summer transfer window with the Euros and all the manager changes.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Pepe will do the biz at Citeh IMO

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
let the messi to city rumours begin. it's going to be a never ending shitfest. like when people say arsenal will win the title.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

garde considering his future

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...le-signing.html

gonna guess it's a case of "we're going down anyway, why even try"

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
I predict good things for Pep at the Manchester City Blues. Always liked him at Barcelona.

Weaponized Cum posted:

like when people say arsenal will win the title.

It's coming home, I'm booming, f u

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Hardflip posted:

why didnt they sign anybody...strange.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hardflip posted:

Villa are hosed under Lerner.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Man City are in the tile hunt and all, but I wonder how the mood at the club is. Playing for a dude who is on the way out/auditioning for the new guy and trying to win the title cant be easy.

its all coming up Leicester

e: Pellegrini has now been sacked for Jose and Pep. Feel bad for the guy. Just a bit. Severance pay cant be bad

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 2, 2016

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Ewar Woowar posted:

Villa are hosed under Lerner.

In all honesty, it might be better for them to go down and get rid of that crop of shite they have on their payroll

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Homura posted:

In all honesty, it might be better for them to go down and get rid of that crop of shite they have on their payroll

Last time I said this everyone gave me poo poo.

I mean getting relegated would undoubtedly be a bad thing but if it meant Lerner sold up to an owner that cared about the club and got rid of the high earners that don't contribute then long term maybe it would be for the best.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Pellegrini is a much better manager than Pep

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Homura posted:

While I can't disagree, it *appeared* like they were making good signings. Did they all just turn out to be rear end? Were none of them capable of performing?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

All of the Villa supporters groups I'm a part of on facebook are melting down the nth degree it's loving pathetic. We were down 8 weeks ago, why bother signing someone that'll insist on a relegation release clause?

quote:

Well, I'm going to our high school basketball game tonight, and I'm wearing my Villa shirt. The soccer boys and international students will have a go at me, but I don't care. I'm disgusted by Lerner and his cronies, but always proud to be a Villan.
VTID

quote:

Completely and utterly disgusted at the moment. Remi Garde deserves better than what the hierarchy at the Villa have done this transfer window which seems to be screwing him the team and us supporters over. No signings really is an absolute disgrace even if they are resigned to us going down they could've brought players that will get us straight back up.

quote:

Don't even know what to say right now....Disgusted nothing happened during the transfer period. Nothing.

quote:

As a life long Villa Fan of over 25+ years I am absolutely disgusted in what is happening to my club, these last few years have been torture, to see what the Owner, Chairman and Board are doing or lack of plus the pathetic public belief that any of them have of staying up with comments to the media is a disgrace! Bottom of the league and not one sign of any player being brought in! Championship sides spending millions of pounds to secure promotion to the Premier next season due to the Mega TV Deal in place that will secure each club 100's of millions and our lack of not 1 yes 1 signing of any real ambition is for me a true and utter disgrace and very poor management of such a great club that I have loved for years.
Today is Transfer Deadline Day and it was always an exciting night to sit and watch teams rushing to finalise deals which will ultimately define a clubs season, If we do not bring in any players today then any hope that true Villa fans had on making up 10 points will be gone and Randy Lerner will have just lost what if any assets he had in Villa by selling a club with No Good Players, No Premier League Status and No hope of returning to the Premier League any time soon!
One good thing to come out of all this though is... I rang up to order my new Sky Tv package and was asked what team I supported at which point the man on the phone was kind enough to point out that from next season Sky will be showing an extra 120+ Championship games Live! I do not know whether I am happy about that or that I did not tell him to Piss Off!!
They can make poor decisions in the board, They can make poor appointments as managers, They can buy rubbish players that do not care about our club, but one thing is for drat sure when all of you pay-check players have taken your last pay slip and have taken all of those splinters out of your rear end from warming the U-21 bench! WE WILL ALWAYS BE VILLA! ‪#‎TRUEVILLAFAN‬ ‪#‎IHATE‬#'S

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 2, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Homura posted:

this assumes that they have relegation clauses or their contracts are up though

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hardflip posted:

why the gently caress did he take the job in the first place?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

JFairfax posted:

why the gently caress did he take the job in the first place?

As he probably got the opinion of a few Villa fans (and most probably the board) who thought that it was all the worst manager in the world Tim Sherwood's fault, and thought it could be turned around.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

All of the Villa supporters groups I'm a part of on facebook are melting down the nth degree it's loving pathetic. We were down 8 weeks ago, why bother signing someone that'll insist on a relegation release clause?

To be fair, if Lerner had promised Garde funds and reneged then I'd be pretty angry too.

You can buy now for next year in the Championship. Villa still have pulling power given the league they're in- next year won't be as easy.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

DOOP posted:

Man City are in the tile hunt and all, but I wonder how the mood at the club is. Playing for a dude who is on the way out/auditioning for the new guy and trying to win the title cant be easy.

its all coming up Leicester

e: Pellegrini has now been sacked for Jose and Pep. Feel bad for the guy. Just a bit. Severance pay cant be bad

City extended his contract last summer. There's been speculation since then on city forums that it was because of Pep coming. Essentially it gave him a payoff he otherwise wouldn't get and stopped the media speculation back in the summer. The club's been pretty open about a strategy of changing managers every 3-4 years.

I think he, and the club, have handled it pretty well and as he wants to stay in Europe (please not Chelsea), I think he'll have a lot of clubs lining up for him now. Bonus point being all the journalists reporting Pep to United in the past few weeks look like the clickbait wasters they are.

If we crash out of everything in Feb then the announcement will get blamed, but given it's City and we can still fall apart on the pitch at a moment's notice so I don't think it'll have much to do with it.

PST fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Feb 2, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Tim Sherwood has done a good job at every team he's managed. No one could have done better with Villa's players this season.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

sassassin posted:

Tim Sherwood has done a good job at every team he's managed. No one could have done better with Villa's players this season.

Would you like him to manage Swansea?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ewar Woowar posted:

Would you like him to manage Swansea?

idk let me see how this Italian bloke does first.

If Swansea go down I can think of worse people to take over.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

Last time I said this everyone gave me poo poo.

I mean getting relegated would undoubtedly be a bad thing but if it meant Lerner sold up to an owner that cared about the club and got rid of the high earners that don't contribute then long term maybe it would be for the best.

Not arguing with you, but I remember when it seemed like relegation had really turned around Newcastle. They had a good side, were buying good players, and seemed to be on the up. Then they turned into an absolute clown car again. It was great.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
What are Pellegrini's chances of staying in England?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I don't watch any Championship matches. Are the players that Aston Villa would be able to keep good enough to win promotion next season? From what I've read, even the lower leagues have been spending more on players than Villa has to claw their way up.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PST posted:

Bonus point being all the journalists reporting Pep to United in the past few weeks look like the clickbait wasters they are.

Some people (who are traditionally pretty well clued in) are suggesting that Pep to City wasn't the ironclad done deal for ages it's been made to sound like, and that United were a viable and realistic alternative until Woodward "cocked it all up". No idea how.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

I don't watch any Championship matches. Are the players that Aston Villa would be able to keep good enough to win promotion next season? From what I've read, even the lower leagues have been spending more on players than Villa has to claw their way up.

Championship teams are mostly overspending on a limited pool of players that do well in that league but aren't good enough to make a step up.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

Some people (who are traditionally pretty well clued in) are suggesting that Pep to City wasn't the ironclad done deal for ages it's been made to sound like, and that United were a viable and realistic alternative until Woodward "cocked it all up". No idea how.

It was ironclad that Pep would come to City since the day they hired Txiki Begiristain and Ferran Soriano

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Get ready to see an even more extreme version of sulking now that Yaya knows Aubameyang is better than him AND he's getting the boot in the summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Get ready to see an even more extreme version of sulking now that Yaya knows Aubameyang is better than him AND he's getting the boot in the summer

Plus his birthday is coming up in May. Unless City bake him the biggest cake ever, he's gonna be livid

• Locked thread