Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Tim Sherwood has done a good job at every team he's managed. No one could have done better with Villa's players this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ewar Woowar posted:

Would you like him to manage Swansea?

idk let me see how this Italian bloke does first.

If Swansea go down I can think of worse people to take over.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brony Car posted:

I don't watch any Championship matches. Are the players that Aston Villa would be able to keep good enough to win promotion next season? From what I've read, even the lower leagues have been spending more on players than Villa has to claw their way up.

Championship teams are mostly overspending on a limited pool of players that do well in that league but aren't good enough to make a step up.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Send Joe Allen home.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Scherloch posted:

"The United Way" is indeed mythical bullshit, and most (normal) United fans will tell you so. It's just a phrase the people over at RedCafe likes to trot out in order to feel superior. They can't really agree on what the United Way is, other than that it exists and something about winning.

It means buying the league but they can't do that anymore so rip

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Drinkwater's definitely not just drinking water.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
With the 4-4-2 making a big comeback this season we're going to be seeing more and more 3 at the back attempts

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I always had a soft spot for Ranieri, but it doesn't sound like he even knows how he made a title challenging team out of Leicester.

He's being coy but it's all down to rest and British players not getting enough of it. Most English managers' response to a bad loss is extra training, when the opposite is usually a better option.

Also drugs.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mourinho is using these fake United links to get himself a decent job elsewhere.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Can we deduct all of the kiddy fiddler's goals and assists from this seasons results please tia

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Der Shovel posted:

On a podcast I listen to the hosts made the argument that with the Premier League's TV fees ballooning constantly to ludicrous degrees, the clubs should be lowering ticket prices instead of raising them because the money they make by raising prices is a pittance compared to what they make elsewhere, but to individual supporters the prices are already beyond the pain threshold and are actively preventing many people from going to see their team.

Which I thought was a good argument even at the time, but even moreso with that figure in mind.

This is why no one at Swansea gives a poo poo about expanding the stadium beyond 20k any more. Every year the potential revenue increase looks smaller and smaller relative to turnover thanks to tv money.

Fans claim that the club will die without new blood being allowed to watch games, but kids watch everything online anyway so w/e.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

NotJustANumber99 posted:

If the match day receipts are so piffling in comparison to TV stuff and whatever else why are clubs like Spurs wanting so desperately to upgrade/replace their stadia. Building a bigger stadium seemed to be a big deal in the articles about Everton's sale too.

Pissing contests between big clubs, and old-world thinking by owners.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Could have been a fake-Welsh great rip

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ranieri knows all the good drugs and all the right people to bribe. Doing a cracking job.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CyberPingu posted:

So when do we expect the bottom to fall out of this Chinese market?

They have no intention of honouring any of the contracts already signed. It's all just posturing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Josh Lyman posted:

Everyone on the Guardian's Football Weekly have picked Spurs to win the title.

Always bet on EPO.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
So Leicester.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

pik_d posted:

I want them both to go down and for Boro to come up

This would be fine.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Koeman has awarded Swansea the dreaded "too good to go down" title.

Could've had him as manager but went for Monk instead lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Rooney knows he's on the plane for the euros regardless. Might as well have a rest now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

serious gaylord posted:

Theres been a 100m bid for Rooney from China.

Take the money and have him back in 6 months when they don't bother paying him any wages.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheBigAristotle posted:

Reports are floating around that Villa lost to its own U-21 side behind closed doors lol

Swansea beat The New Saints 3-0 (Gomis (2), Emnes).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Akileese posted:

From an organizational standpoint Arsenal look loving lost defensively without Mertesacker. It's absolutely insane. I don't even think he's that good anymore but if the organizational difference is what we saw today, I'll take Mertesacker over Gabriel.

Mertesacker has been a garbageman liability for most of the season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I missed all the football this weekend but

Guido Out

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea are going down and Cardiff are going up.

Come on the Blues/Reds!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I hope Leicester fail. Gary Lineker is getting entirely too smug.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If Spurs don't win it my next choice would be United.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Fat Drake lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
United's squad is no better than 4 or 5 other teams in the league, even before you factor in the injury crisis. LVG is doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Der Shovel posted:

Disagree. I'm not expecting the team to be running away with the league, but mounting a credible title challenge was expected from LVG this season.

And Villa expected Tim Sherwood to get them comfortably mid-table.

He didn't have good enough players for it and neither does LVG.

• Locked thread